Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever used 123.ie insurance?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

They seem like my best bet for getting renters insurance, which is really hard to find, and with the recent burglary spate in Galway I really want to get insured asap.
    So has anyone had experience getting insurance/making claims from them? good, bad or indifferent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

They seem like my best bet for getting renters insurance, which is really hard to find, and with the recent burglary spate in Galway I really want to get insured asap.
    So has anyone had experience getting insurance/making claims from them? good, bad or indifferent?

123.ie are only a broker really. If you read the small print you will see that they are underwritten by some large insurance company, for example their house insurance is underwritten by Travelers Insurance at the moment.

I've never made a claim from them but I've bought insurance from 123.ie and they are fine. But hey, of course they would be fine when it comes to taking money from you, as long as you read the fine print in your policy you should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Travelers is a reputable insurance company, so you would be safe with them through 123.ie.

I work for insure.ie and we quote a selection of insurers online for home insurance, including cover for contents only. Give us a spin - we may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I use chill.ie myself but I think you have to shop around even with the companies that are meant to shop around for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

We've had contents insurance with 123.ie for the past two years - they went up by a considerable amount this year but so did everyone else (feckers)

We were with AXA the year before that - they were much more expensive though.

Never had to make a claim yet (knock on wood) so I'm sorry I can't review them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I used them previously for contents insurance but similarly did not ever have to claim. They were annoyingly persistent in trying to ring me when renewal time came though, I remember that.

FWIW, last year FBD were cheaper on insurance so I went with them. Things may have changed, but get a quote from FBD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement