Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of car batteries in Galway City?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Where can you do it? I don't want to harm the environment, but not sure of a way to do so safely.

I've got 2 to get rid of. Anybody help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Can't you bring them to the council place in Liosbaun??

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you can. Their place is first left coming into Liosbaun from the Motorpark side I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any garage that sells car batteries must take old batts back free. You don't have to to buy anything either, just return the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks for the replies:)
    Can't you bring them to the council place in Liosbaun??

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you can. Their place is first left coming into Liosbaun from the Motorpark side I think....
    kodute wrote: »

Cool, I think that's the same place being referred to. I'll pop past.
    biko wrote: »
    Any garage that sells car batteries must take old batts back free. You don't have to to buy anything either, just return the old ones.

Both batteries were bought in motor factors in Galway, don't have receipts, will that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Col200sx wrote: »
    Both batteries were bought in motor factors in Galway, don't have receipts, will that make a difference?

Anywhere that sells similar batteries is obliged to take them. No purchase necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement