Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Battlefield BC2 Uav xbox 360

• 07-04-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Ok. This could have gone in the clan tag thread but hey ho.
    Probably could have gone in the Battlefield forum but not everybody reads that.

What do people think of the Uav.

There are some good players in the Irl Clan Tag Miju is one of them.

Personally I don't mind it but i have seen people really destroy the enemy with this and I have also been on the recieving end of a good few deaths with this from my own team members ( 3 last night he wasn't a boards memeber) and i was tempted to stab the fecker .

By the way i have tried jumping onto the uav just as it was taking off and survived in the air for 5 seconds ended up being road kill.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

UAV is good with ALT weapon on it, otherwise, too slow to reload. Also a lot of fun to road kill with UAV, but its hard, for me anyway. I saw people using it for roadkill all the time, but I think for that you will need to get used to its control and use it quite a lot.

In hardcore mode it is possible to kill you teammate while his is on UAV, but it completely stupid and pointless, it will fall and you will have to wait for sometime get it back alive. I haven't come accross anyone doing that stupid thing, could be just lucky.

In some cases UAV controll box is not hidden enough and you are target for the snipers.

The only time I would use it, when I have ATLW on it, imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Agree with Denisoftus..I use it only to spot and clear out snipers. You wont pick up many points unless you have the ALT weapon on it. I only wish the Choppers flew as easy as it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only really ever use it in attacking Rush. It's great to use as a long range, high altitude rocket launcher and if you're patient you can rack up some great kills. I'd usually just pepper the attack point with missiles, staying out of ranger of guns and then destroy the other team once the bomb is planted and they're trying to disarm it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Finally got the Airkill achievement with it last night. Everyone who plays the game now, knows where the UAV station is, so if you spot a UAV usually there's a bit of a rush to the station to stab the guy an get his dogtags.

There has been times though that I've gone up to the station pressed B, pressed the LB button only to be taken out of the station and toss a grenade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

IRLLenny loves the fecking thing,seriously everytime a level starts he already seems to have it airborne!. With the machinegun it can be great for clearing out places E.G. the lighthouse, Not really something I rush for but will use if it's there when I respawn, Usually if I see it on the other team I'll either pick up a handy 100 points or some dogtags.

Can be used like a helicopter for distracting people for other squad members to slip by un-noticed/pick up a few kills before ya get shot down/return for repairs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

But the UAV is so easy to take out also, a few good shots with the sniper will do the job :).
    has anyone tried jumping on just as it about to take off? i have seen some peeps go about 100 feet into the air on it,but not sure if thay can stay on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yeah, I think I was the one who flew cable guy up a few foot on it before he fell off,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

rizzla wrote: »
    Finally got the Airkill achievement with it last night.

How many kills give you that achievement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Wow, its the post here and cable guy will thank you thread.:D

Not a fan of the UAV, I always get shot down after a kill or 2, that rocket takes too long to reload, and the alt fire is hard to aim with, I probably just need practice, but rather than wasting the UAV, I leave it to the guys that are good with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Denisoftus wrote: »
    How many kills give you that achievement?

Just the 1 kill, you need to fly into someone for it though. I did it on Panama Canal, got on the UAV just a the enemy started to take point C which is the flag right below the UAV station. Flew down to the ground then ploughed into the building aiming for the flag and group of enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Wow, its the post here and cable guy will thank you thread.:D

Thanks buddy. :D
    I am thanking people because i asked the question and they are replying to it just being polite and all that.

If it makes you feel better i won't thank one person hmmmm.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

For the Air Kill achievement, I got it in the Port Valdez level.

Playing on normal, flew up as high as the uav could go, and starting spotting people, found a guy not moving, and positioned directly above and then lowered the uav rapidly, thats the way to get it, drop right down on someone.

I missed him though, and just ran the UAV after him along the ground and ran over him as he ran away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Sounds like this UAV riding could become a new sport :)

Kinda like the supply crate surfing from BF2.

Advertisement