Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do traffic wardens work in the rain

• 07-04-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Never see them when its raining, just wondering if they work or not when raining for obvious reasons

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Same reason you never see a mobile Garda speed trap in lousy weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

They do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Like normal people, they too are allowed don the fashionable shiny macks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

thomasm wrote: »
    Never see them when its raining, just wondering if they work or not when raining for obvious reasons

Yes they do, just don't expect to see them near vehicles parked in an illegal and nuisance manner like outside the GPO, blocking a lane on the Quay. Instead, you might find them trawling through cars parked in valid parking spots in case their parking ticket has expired by a few minutes. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

gscully wrote: »
    Yes they do, just don't expect to see them near vehicles parked in an illegal and nuisance manner like outside the GPO, blocking a lane on the Quay. Instead, you might find them trawling through cars parked in valid parking spots in case their parking ticket has expired by a few minutes. :mad:

I sense some previous bad experiences...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

They do

still king of the one-liners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

homolumo wrote: »
    I sense some previous bad experiences...

Not really. I've had a couple of tickets, but deservedly so. It just annoys me to see so many examples of bad parking go unpunished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd personally pay for a traffic warden just to keep the 4 lanes on the quay open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'd personally pay for a traffic warden just to keep the 4 lanes on the quay open!

+1 to that, and also proper enforcement of parking in loading bays. The city council need to begin towing cars and impounding them like they do in Cork and Dublin to get the message across

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

gscully wrote: »

agreed so much.....
    and i have no experiences good or bad with parking wardens here in waterford...

but really annoys me the quays... and the parking that goes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

And pigs might fly! There was a time when they would not go out in the rain and were sent home. Now when it is raining you will see them hanging around in shop doors or wandering through City Square.:confused:

Advertisement