Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard back from Interviews yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

Trinity Ball on Friday, wasn't in enough layers and now have bad cough and no voice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

id say letters will be out soon anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

One of my friends got a letter of acceptance today. My sister has heard nothing yet and they both applied for the same course.

Sarannewrap is totally right regarding the lack of organisation! You have to chase them down for everything. And those damn texts... I got sent one at around 2pm one day in January saying the college was closed for the day :p

OctavarIan wrote: »
    One of my friends got a letter of acceptance today. My sister has heard nothing yet and they both applied for the same course.

Sarannewrap is totally right regarding the lack of organisation! You have to chase them down for everything. And those damn texts... I got sent one at around 2pm one day in January saying the college was closed for the day :p

Boo to your friend! (but congratulations...) What course was it?

we love the college really:pac:despite the horrible organisation!

• Advertisement

I think ALL colleges are disorganised. Its part of the criteria. Still....TELL ME DAMN YOU!! I WANT TO KNOW!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

SherryD wrote: »
    Boo to your friend! (but congratulations...) What course was it?

Childcare.

And yeah the college has its charms! I might end up there for another couple of years yet, albeit in the arts block. I still need to apply though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 whereismysheep

Anyone else thinking the people that got in are getting letters and those that didnt get in are getting emails?
    I'm going mad here

Anyone else thinking the people that got in are getting letters and those that didnt get in are getting emails?
    I'm going mad here

I didn't think of that... To be honest I doubt it. I'd say its a simple case of some courses are sending emails and some are sending letters. It would cause too much hassle for them to send letters and emails to one group and too easy to forget people.

I didn't think of that... To be honest I doubt it. I'd say its a simple case of some courses are sending emails and some are sending letters. It would cause too much hassle for them to send letters and emails to one group and too easy to forget people.

yeah it depends whos running the course you applied for when it gets sent out,some people from other courses know sooner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Im sure it'l come when it come's i had my interview over 3 week's ago now anyway and i was told it'd be sent out in 2 week's :pac: but they had a lot of applications this year so just gotta wait it out now.

A friend of mine who got in last year got a letter no email or phone call.
    I wouldnt worry...

the world may end in 2 year's so it may not be a big deal if we dont get in or not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Odarallo09 wrote: »
    They need to make up their minds.. Bad show if you ask me.
    Welcome to Ballyfailmot College. If they were a business they'd have no customers!
    If we get them by then I'll be shocked!! I don't get why they said "by Wednesday", surely they know by now if they're sending them out tomorrow or Wednesday, its not that complicated
    Or Wednesday next month. I'm also waiting for my results, every hour I check my emails and every morning since for the last two weeks I've been stalking the postman for my letter.
    I'm just pissed off that we were told so many different things, like if it would be letter or email, what date etc. I was told by one interview that I would get a letter the following week, then in my second interview, I was told email by the second week in april. I just want to know FFS
    If they just said it would be another two weeks before they do anything, that would be fine. It's this "tomorrow, actually tomorrow after tomorrow we'll send out the results" is the most irritating thing!!
    I'm betting we won't get them on Wednesday and if someone rings the new excuse will be the volcano :rolleyes:
    WIN Excuse ^_^
    if you guys get in youll come to learn its a very very disorganised college,few weeks back i got a text from them telling me my class was cancelled....in the middle of when the class was supposed to be,thank god the teacher had told us the day before herself that we had no class
    Oh that's nothing, when I was studying there they used to send the "cancelled class" texts to the wrong class group, all.....the.....time......
    I think ALL colleges are disorganised. Its part of the criteria. Still....TELL ME DAMN YOU!! I WANT TO KNOW!!!
    This one is very much so. I WANT TO KNOW TOOOOOOOOOOO!! SOMETHING! ANYTHING! BANANAS!!

it didnt even have a boards forum until recently enough,disorganisation ftw!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

all college are like this..believe me i know!!

Just got reply to email
    "There has been a small delay with the letter going out, they will go out today or tomorrow

Thank you for your email"

So now...they're letters not email...and they're only going out on Wednesday meaning we might not get them until Friday. Lovely. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Odarallo09

Awesome Sherry thanks for update.
    If they keep their word thats a different story! :)

Buzzgirl you made me laugh bout stalking your postman hilarious. The poor guy :P

I'm just thinking, since they sent out an automated email week before interviews to remind us about interviews, would it not make sense for them to just do the same now explaining the situation? I'm sure we're not the only ones ringing/emailing to find out whats happening. It would be a lot easier for them to just do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 whereismysheep

This is realy starting to stress me out. I know I didnt get in I just want to know so I can stop obsessing
    :mad:

If I don't get in, I'm still turning up on first day of term saying "You ****ed me over! I'm coming anyway!!!"

If I don't get in, I'm still turning up on first day of term saying "You ****ed me over! I'm coming anyway!!!"

half the course drop out near the start anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 claire.k

I'm seriously stressing out at the moment. The college I'm in had their interviews the same week and all interviewees heard back last Tuesday. We had to wait all through the easter break, it's not fair, or professional really. I would very much like to know what the hell I'm going to be doing in September!!!

So I read through a few of these, does anyone actually know whether it's email or post? They seemed to have told people different things. :confused: stress! Although I have to admit, and I'm sure others feel the same, that it was a huuuuge comfort seeing that I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten results yet. Phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

relaaaaax:) different courses will be doing different things..email/letter.. everyone should know before the week is out.. hopefully!!

Anyone hear anything today? Or did anyone ring? Wonder what the new delay will be...

Just got off the phone with the Main Block and was told "they were ment to be emailed out this afternoon, but it's going to be tomorrow now".

I was half temped to take to p!ss out of the "tomorrow" statement, as tomorrow seems to mean three weeks but decided against it.

I just want to know Yes or No if I got in or not so I can apply for full time employment and feck on with my life!!

You are joking??? This is unbelievable. It won't be tomorrow, I wish they'd just be honest and say they don't know or it could be next week or something.

I just want to know at this stage so I can think about applying for jobs!

You are joking??? This is unbelievable. It won't be tomorrow, I wish they'd just be honest and say they don't know or it could be next week or something.

I just want to know at this stage so I can think about applying for jobs!
    Joking would be me ringing the Principal and telling her she's a [insert random swear word here]-head for the unprofessional manner in which her staff have been in relation to the college places for 2010-2011.

That would be me joking and never getting a place there again, I want to do this, so much...want....to.....grrrrrr....but....want.....place......grrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ugh gettin fed up waiting now me and like 21 other (same class) have applied for a place there on a course with only a few place's available. How hard can it be to tell people if they have a place or not :confused:

I seriously can't believe how much of a shambles this is. Have they actually said what the delay is? Or is it just they're lazy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Odarallo09

Uffff this school really :( its really not that difficult to organise something like this any monkey running a office could have them emailed or sent by now. But what is the huge delay. Is it the interviewers taking there time sending in the "results" that is causing huge set backs?

I guess im like everyone at this point.. waiting to see if I get in so I can make other plans. Not very professional of them in the slightest.

But good knowing I am not the only one who is waiting in vein every day to see if we get word back.

Hopefully to all who have been stressed and waiting will get good news :)

• Advertisement

Odarallo09 wrote: »
    Uffff this school really :( its really not that difficult to organise something like this any monkey running a office could have them emailed or sent by now. But what is the huge delay. Is it the interviewers taking there time sending in the "results" that is causing huge set backs?

I guess im like everyone at this point.. waiting to see if I get in so I can make other plans. Not very professional of them in the slightest.

But good knowing I am not the only one who is waiting in vein every day to see if we get word back.

Hopefully to all who have been stressed and waiting will get good news :)

It doesn't really make sense for it to be a delay with the results, surely not all the courses are delayed? Would they not just send out the ones that are ready? Or are we all stuck waiting because of one course being delayed??

Advertisement