Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard back from Interviews yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Odarallo09

Good question SherryD. What course did you apply for?

I applied for LUDO (website says all places are taken) and the CGH. It could be down to lazyness which was previously mentioned. There is no real reason why there should be such a delay and I guess we will never know why it has taken to so long to hear back.

I know for certain that if this is a trend, I just hope it wont effect in the College. With results etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Odarallo09 wrote: »
    Good question SherryD. What course did you apply for?

I applied for LUDO (website says all places are taken) and the CGH. It could be down to lazyness which was previously mentioned. There is no real reason why there should be such a delay and I guess we will never know why it has taken to so long to hear back.

I know for certain that if this is a trend, I just hope it wont effect in the College. With results etc.

Where can i see what course's have place's left and which are full ?
    cant find it doh I applied for a place in ada 1

Mate if you look on main page http://www.bcfe.ie/index.htm it is in the middle column saying applications are open and the following courses are full :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mate if you look on main page http://www.bcfe.ie/index.htm it is in the middle column saying applications are open and the following courses are full :)

Im very confused about this, i applied for CGH and they specifically said they had at least twice as many applicants as places and when i asked them they said they would deffinitely not be doing a second round of interviews, so why isnt the course listed as full? have they changed the requirements and are looking for better applicants?

Same as why im worried mate! :S meaning possible not many people from first rounds got in :(

• Advertisement

Ah i see thanks for that link ;)

Im fairly sure they said to me to that they wouldnt be having a second round of interviews due to the high number of applicants hmmm ah well hopefully we will hear word by friday if not well then i better start looking for a back up course or something ugh

Well to everyone that is still waiting, I rang the school today and asked them when should we hear back. To no surprise they said today that they were sent out at 10am... Still no email my side... I said to the lady that everytime people ring they get different answers and she said that its there first time using this email system and they have been having problems with it..

Who knows at this point but if anyone gets word let us know!!! :D

Just to let everyone know.. My friend got accepted to a course he received the email at 11.32am (ahead of time!) to his hotmail account. I am currently using gmail so I hope this isnt causing the issues.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

got 2 outta my 4 courses i applied for...sweeeeeeeeeeeet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

priority waiting list. Ah Well i was told that would be likely in the interview

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I didn't get in to the higher diploma in radio. :( My mates were put on waiting lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got my my e-mail this morning very happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

WOO! Got both courses, happy but kinda hoped I'd get one so I wouldn't have to choose!

Also says I need copy of my Leaving Cert....er......right better start looking...

Glad everyone has heard something :)

I have received nothing yet so guessing its not good news :(

Anyway happy for all who got offers

Glad everyone has heard something :)

I have received nothing yet so guessing its not good news :(

Anyway happy for all who got offers

It seems to be an automated email sent to everyone who was offered and who wasn't at same time, did you check your spam? Maybe ring them if you haven't heard by 4?

Hey Sherry,

Checked email that was registered with them. Went through history to make sure it was the correct one it is. Checked spam no emails in there. Rang the school they said that "there still sending out emails" I asked her could she tell me over the phone she said no.

Quite disapointed at the moment. My flatmate got offered the course thismorning and Zilch my end.

what's the deal with the leaving cert results thing? do you have to get a copy no matter what and send it up to them? it says 'if applicable'? i did my leavin cert in 07.. so should i get a copy and send it up?

also when paying the deposit of 40 euro by cheque who do you make the cheque out to?

cuterob wrote: »
    what's the deal with the leaving cert results thing? do you have to get a copy no matter what and send it up to them? it says 'if applicable'? i did my leavin cert in 07.. so should i get a copy and send it up?

also when paying the deposit of 40 euro by cheque who do you make the cheque out to?

And do you just post the cheque?? I assume you make it out to Ballyfermot College of Further Education?

It says LC results are waved if you're over 21 but then I needed to give it to them in my application anyway so do I have to back it up now with a copy?? If i went into my old school would they sort it out for me or what?

Yea got an e mail as well got a place w00p w00p

guys what mail providers are you using ?

• Advertisement

i had hotmail

SherryD wrote: »

It says LC results are waved if you're over 21 but then I needed to give it to them in my application anyway so do I have to back it up now with a copy?? If i went into my old school would they sort it out for me or what?

yea i was wondering the exact same things

guys what mail providers are you using ?

i use hotmail
    maybe they just havent sent them all out yet

Just tried to call... there now on strike... great :(

whaaaaaaaaa :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 iluvlamp

congrats lone....i got in too...

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I didn't get my place....again. I'm gutted, but that's Ballyfermot for you, leaves you hanging for ages and then doesn't give a feck

I didn't get my place....again. I'm gutted, but that's Ballyfermot for you, leaves you hanging for ages and then doesn't give a feck

ah sorry bat's had a look at your blog i was there when you were waiting to go in i was the ginger guy.

You gonna try get into iadt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Lone Stone wrote: »
    ah sorry bat's had a look at your blog i was there when you were waiting to go in i was the ginger guy.

You gonna try get into iadt ?
    Small world eh? I'm not going to bother going to IADT, can't be bothered having to go through all that again, just to do a 4 year course that I've done most of over in Bally. There's no point wasting more time on animation, there's no jobs in the industry here and it's pointless thowing more money at more college for more useless skills

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭DanHendrix

Got into Music Production..Im heading to Spain on Monday for 2 months so whats the story with the deposit is it 40 or what.Dont want to make any mistakes.Will postal order do??

Advertisement