Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Stone Mason West of Ireland

Options
  • 07-04-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I'm just wondering what the average cost per square meter is for putting up Natural Stone in the West of Ireland? I'm not sure if its Guillotined so maybe a price for guillotined and non-guillotined.

Its for the outside of house, 2 internal walls (this will definitely be guillotined) and an external wall

(Any stone masons reading this feel free to PM me if you're interested in the job)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Rather than start a new thread, can I piggy back this thread and open it out to general Stone Mason costs (I am in the midlands and again if you are interested, please feel free to PM me with details)...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OllieMc

Chief99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just wondering what the average cost per square meter is for putting up Natural Stone in the West of Ireland? I'm not sure if its Guillotined so maybe a price for guillotined and non-guillotined.

Its for the outside of house, 2 internal walls (this will definitely be guillotined) and an external wall

(Any stone masons reading this feel free to PM me if you're interested in the job)

Cheers

Where in the west of ireland are you.

Im getting this done at the moment and really happy with the results and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Chief99

Hi OllieMc,

I'm in North Galway

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

Based in Westmeath would be interested in getting a front wall done with stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uxak

hi,

we are in west limerick and i have talked to two stone masons recently. they are 70 and 80 euro/sqmeter. i was told that they charge betwen 50 to 80 euro. if any one gets a good price could you pm me also please. thanks

• Advertisement

Chief99 wrote: »
    Hi OllieMc,

I'm in North Galway

Cheers

My stone mason is in north mayo. Ill ask him if he's interested but I dont think he's a great man for the travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Chief99

Thanks OllieMc,

Can you let me know how much hes charging per sq meter

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

its hard to give a fair price ,with out seen the job and stone .

im doing some work now for 50e but its a low dry stone entrance .

a big two story house would be a different price for the same stone /style.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Of all the trades Id say the stonemasons are possibly the ones you should mostly NOT select based mainly on price. I paid 90 euro per m2 but the stonemasons worked very slowly and carefully, cutting every stone to fit. Not the cheapest price but probably the best value I have got in the build to date, Ive a couple of pics in the live self build thread a couple of weeks ago.

Make sure you go to see a couple of jobs completed and check who will be doing the job - ie if its a team of stonemasons the house you see as an example should be done by the same guy you are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi Ollie Mac,

Will you pm me your stonemason contacts and location. I am buliding near castlebar and need a stone mason straight away.

thanks,
    OllieMc wrote: »
    My stone mason is in north mayo. Ill ask him if he's interested but I dont think he's a great man for the travelling

• Advertisement

Hi Ollie Mac,

Will you pm me your stonemason contacts and location. I am buliding near castlebar and need a stone mason straight away.

thanks,

Did you get pm

Advertisement