Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pipe Sprung a leak

• 07-04-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭

Hey I just wonder what the story is with a leak in the pipes?

I wonder what the procedure and cost is to get someone to come out and check it out, I think it would just require that foamy-cement kind of stuff but I wonder what the cause of this could be and the cost to get it looked at. We've had to turn off the water constantly and it takes hours to drain the water to stop the leak.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hey I just wonder what the story is with a leak in the pipes?

I wonder what the procedure and cost is to get someone to come out and check it out, I think it would just require that foamy-cement kind of stuff but I wonder what the cause of this could be and the cost to get it looked at. We've had to turn off the water constantly and it takes hours to drain the water to stop the leak.

Depends on how easy it is to replace a small section of pipe , is it in an easy accesible location ?
    Best to replace a small section of pipe if its very easy and you drain down the system before hand , they might just take a call out charge of 50 euro or so . if its more complicated maybe expect more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

What pipe is leaking.....

If its something simple and out of sight just get yourself a but of rubber and a jublee clip... Cost you about a euro and will last a few years.

Advertisement