Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Question

Options
  • 07-04-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi Mods,

Can I get some clarification please in relation to something that I my be putting in my sig. Can I advertise cheap hosing in my sig where users PM me or is that against forum rules :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Hi

What's cheap hosing? :o

Well I think the answer is yes, it would be breaking our off thread dealing rule.

However, I have seen people with links to their ads in their sig, people can then reply on the sale thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Hi,

The answer is yes I can or Yes I can not? The hosting I am referring to is Web Hosting, I have got small amount that I can offer cheaply. I dont think I can advertise hosting on adverts either can I?

Regards,
    confused :confused:
    Trinity wrote: »
    Hi

What's cheap hosing? :o

Well I think the answer is yes, it would be breaking our off thread dealing rule.

However, I have seen people with links to their ads in their sig, people can then reply on the sale thread.

Oh I see, sorry I thought when you said hosing it was some kind of hosing equipment for gardens or something :o

Sorry, my apologies. :o

I will ask if you can be accomodated in services available.

Trinity wrote: »
    Oh I see, sorry I thought when you said hosing it was some kind of hosing equipment for gardens or something :o

Sorry, my apologies. :o

I will ask if you can be accomodated in services available.

Oh god, thanks for spotting the error :embarrased:

Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

You can place your ad in services available, however, there is a small charge.

I cannot see a problem once you have placed your ad, to having a link to it in your sig.

• Advertisement

Can I just put the info in the sig too without another ad. I have one ad already that is linked to hosting? Thanks thus far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi nellyshark,
    This is a question more suited to boards helpdesk than adverts helpdesk so I'll move your thread.

There is a chequered history regarding promoting web hosting on boards so I think you need an answer from the admins on this.

Steve wrote: »
    Hi nellyshark,
    This is a question more suited to boards helpdesk than adverts helpdesk so I'll move your thread.

There is a chequered history regarding promoting web hosting on boards so I think you need an answer from the admins on this.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi there, as long as your signature is discreet and not making any outlandish claims then it should be ok, here are the sigrules to have a read through.

Gordon wrote: »
    Hi there, as long as your signature is discreet and not making any outlandish claims then it should be ok, here are the sigrules to have a read through.
    What it will say is
    PM for web hosting starting at €25 per annum

Will this be allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sure, I'll give you a shout if it's later deemed unacceptable but I don't see a problem with it at the moment, as long as it isn't in quote tags though.

Advertisement