Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whitney Houston - The O2

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭extremehalo

Who was the opening act on before Whitney last night?
    The lads had a cd for sale outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 superhooop

Who was the opening act on before Whitney last night?
    The lads had a cd for sale outside?

Didn't catch there name but the pa said they won Hollands got Talent last year.

To the poster asking about the price of tickets, i have to say if i paid 100euro each i be disapointed but i got 2 on ebay on Sunday for 45euro all in, so worked out pretty well for me and the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM1971

Ang I am sorry to disagree with you , I attended on Saturday and in my opinion she was awful and cringe worthy . She was once a great singer but not anymore and you say she had one bad performance in Birmingham you have obviously not been following her as much as you say. She was heavily slated in Australia too. I would normally enjoy anything even dare I say the Elvis show which I most recently attended with family . Yes the crowd were up even I was, but I have spoken to quite a lot of people and they agreed with me that they were doing their best to encourage her all the way as they felt sorry for her . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭musicmania

superhooop wrote: »
    my highlight of the night was the 2 planks JEDWARD been told to sit and stay seated as they were disrupting the crowd.....love it.

Ha ha! Nice one! Hope their hair wasn't blocking anyones view :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

GF was at the Sunday show. She said it was pretty good and that a lot of people were up dancing and enjoying it. No it wasn't the best performance but it was far from the train-wreck that some people appear to say it was (or think it may have been). She enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

By the way, I have heard VERY bad reports about Kenny Rogers in the 02.

- wouldn't play any encores, and actually said that he wouldn't be back out as he was "an old man"
    - stopped and started in the middle of songs such as Coward Of The County
    to skit with the audience
    - only played for 55 minutes !!!!

I sometimes think these people are coming over here and treating the audience with contempt, because the thick paddies will pay ANY amount of money that they ask for, and most people are charitable enough when it comes to poor performances. This Whitney topic would bear that out....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

JM1971 I know she got bad reviews at the Australian Gigs but honestly she was very good on Tuesday night. A friend of mine went to the Saturday night gig and did say she was bad. She was obviously just having a bad night. She was really good on Tuesday. Believe it or not, it's true. I had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭musicmania

Ally Dick wrote: »
    By the way, I have heard VERY bad reports about Kenny Rogers in the 02.

- wouldn't play any encores, and actually said that he wouldn't be back out as he was "an old man"
    - stopped and started in the middle of songs such as Coward Of The County
    to skit with the audience
    - only played for 55 minutes !!!!

I sometimes think these people are coming over here and treating the audience with contempt, because the thick paddies will pay ANY amount of money that they ask for, and most people are charitable enough when it comes to poor performances. This Whitney topic would bear that out....

You have gone completely off topic here but in regards Kenny Rogers I saw him a few years back and he was brilliant and wasn't any of the things you mentioned above. It was only the lack of funds which stopped me going this time. As for most people being charitable...... that wasn't the case when Cat Stevens played last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

musicmania wrote: »
    As for most people being charitable...... that wasn't the case when Cat Stevens played last year.

Cat should have explained to people before he walked off the stage, what was going to happen. A lot of punters thought he wasn't coming back and was short changing them by getting other people to sign his songs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Cat Stevens didnt play here last year...kind of the point lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement