Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bitstream product...

• 07-04-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I have been through 3 ISP's in not much more than as many months.

3.5 years with BT
    1 Month with Vodafone
    2 Months with Smart

Smart have now agreed to let me go without termination charge. What options have I got left given that I only have access to bitstream products?

UTV? - Is anyone using them? Whats your experience with them?
    Imagine - feeback seems to be crap?
    The unthinkable (give my money to €ircon...well, with their NGB broadband on the way, its even more unthinkable now..).
    Who else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

What was the problem with the other 3, the actual internet itself will be exactly the same on all providers, the only thing that you are paying for is customer service, and your download cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Gaw_ wrote: »
    the actual internet itself will be exactly the same on all providers, the only thing that you are paying for is customer service, and your download cap.
    You would have thought so, wouldn't you! :D
    Gaw_ wrote: »
    What was the problem with the other 3
    1. BT: Was with them for 3.5 years without any problems and would have been quite happy to stay with them had they not quit the market.
    2. Vodafone: All BT customers were automatically transferred over to this lot. I had been on 1Mb with BT - was 'upgraded' to 3Mb with Vodafone - how the hell was it slower if that was the case!
    3. Smart: With them right now and would be happy enough if my dsl account wasn't being kicked off (ie. disconnected) from their network a few times a day! They claim it is a line issue - eircom say they won't repair as theres nothing wrong with the line. In fairness, I've never had disconnects with either BT (well, maybe a handful - but thats over 3.5 years) or vodafone.

Advertisement