Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting money back from dealer?

• 07-04-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭

I recently purchased a car from a dealer (not simi) . There were a lot of problems with the car so the garage agreed to take it back and in the meantime they would sort out a replacement or give me my money back.
    They've given me a lend of a car to keep me going while they sort it out.
    There trying to sell the car I bough before they give me my money back.

How long would be a reasonable time to wait for your money?, There's another car in another garage that I want to buy so i'm no only interested in a refund. There saying I have to wait until the one I originally bought is sold and to give them a few more days.
    How would you handle this, I retuned the faulty car 7 days ago.

Should I just sit and wait or take action.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'd be wanting my money back straight away if I returned a car and they knew it was coming back.

I'd take action as a week is reasonabe enough time for them to get the money to you. This will just drag on and on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Should I just sit and wait or take action.

You returned the goods so you should get your money staright away.

Take action :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,545 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thats a load of crap. What has it to do with you whether they sell it or not. What is to stop them offering it at an inflated price to prevent it selling for so long that you will be inclined to come back & agree to take it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

There saying I have to wait until the one I originally bought is sold

Why? That has nothing to do with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What action do I take, if I go the legal route that could take months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Just get legal "advice" at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

March in there and demand your money back! Do not leave until they do this.

Advertisement