Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Artemij Sitenkov european bantamweight champion !!!

• 07-04-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

"Shootfighters" MMA club instructor Artemij Sitenkov showed fantastic grappling ability in the co-main event at Bushido Challenge 2 : A New Dawn 3th April in Nottingham UK, as he quickly submitted James Doolan from Scotland with a rare flying armbar.Sitenkov began by immediately attempting to jump guard.As the Doolan resisted dropping to the deck,the Lithuanian shifted his hips and flew out to the side, taking Dinky Ninja’s arm with him to score the tap after only 34 seconds. Congratulations to Artemij winning european bantamweight title !!!

Event Report from fighters only magazine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

87080334.jpg

25183_1242873913089_1266595898_30552159_4818915_n.jpg

25183_1242874033092_1266595898_30552162_5647698_n.jpg

25183_1242873993091_1266595898_30552161_5761114_n.jpg

25183_1242874153095_1266595898_30552165_3887359_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Congrats to that man! James Doolan is a legit guy, big win. Was it at 61.5?

Congrats to that man! James Doolan is a legit guy, big win. Was it at 61.5?
    Yes it was at 61.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Great win, James is a top Bantam weight so its a genuine good 1, Artemij is very good with the subs..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Heard about this the other day. Good win. Still cant find a Video from it tho. U know where i can get one Ramunas??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Congratulations Artemij;)

Urs
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BREDNEP

I fought this guy at the sapo tournament last month, I got dq'ed for a straight ankle lock in the INTERMEDIATE division, obviously he should'nt have been in my division with his experience, nice finish btw.....

are you sure intermediate and advanced divisions at 70kg were not amalgamated?

BREDNEP wrote: »
    I fought this guy at the sapo tournament last month, I got dq'ed for a straight ankle lock in the INTERMEDIATE division, obviously he should'nt have been in my division with his experience, nice finish btw.....

There was amalgamated intermediate and advanced divisions under 70 kg because of few competitors , he was 60 kg at that moment

Heard about this the other day. Good win. Still cant find a Video from it tho. U know where i can get one Ramunas??

unfortunately Martin we don't have a video yet . Waiting from organizators

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BREDNEP

Ramunas wrote: »
    There was amalgamated intermediate and advanced divisions under 70 kg because of few competitors , he was 60 kg at that moment
    so i was in the advanced division,If that was the case, I should'nt have been disqualified :rolleyes:

BREDNEP wrote: »
    so i was in the advanced division,If that was the case, I should'nt have been disqualified :rolleyes:

No, by the sounds of it they had an advanced person fighting in the intermediate section under intermediate rules. This is safer than having intermediates fighting advanced rules. Hope that's the last of it, you should have known the rules and not done an illegal technique and got DQed. You should be happy you got to compete (and you presumably did very well) against Artemij who seems to be one of the best grapplers operating out of Ireland at the moment who is a european title holder in MMA.

This thread is about support and recognition for Artemij's achievement not some bickering about a mickey mouse grappling tournament you feel you got screwed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

Whilst I think this thread is best kept to congratulating Artemij on his recent win.
    Hope that's the last of it, you should have known the rules and not done an illegal technique and got DQed.

I think you will find there was no rules meeting at the SAPO tournament amongst other problems, but even had there been, straight ankle locks are allowed in intermediate divisions so you are being a little harsh Sid Justice (if that is your real name?? :rolleyes:)
    mickey mouse grappling tournament
    I assume you dont train with Sapo either as they might not look too kindly on your quote.

Congrats to Artemij again and Im sure he will no doubt perform very well in the advanced division of his next tournament.

No Dave, Sidney Raymond Eudy is my real name. Only joking Kevin Lally here :). Is BREDNEP one of your students? No rules meeting? Well I suppose it makes it more understandable he made the mistake then, lends more credit to the disney like description of the competition. Nothing personal against SAPO, just sounded like an unregulated tournament. Unregulated tournaments don't do anyone any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

Thanks for the courtesy of using your real name Kevin I wish everyone on here had to. Yes Barry is one of my students and was rightly pissed off along with a lot of other people at the SAPO tournament. I think enough has been said about that particular day.

Big congrats to Artemij again, Doolin is a legit danger, I have seen him fight a few times. I also remember reffing when Artemij catching Conor McGregor with an ankle lock early in round 1 in a Cage of Truth, he as a nice attacking submission game and its nice to see another title hit our shores.

Artemij Sitenkov vs Paul McVeigh are confirmed at Bushido Challenge 3. The show on July 31st will take place at Harvey Hadden, Nottingham, England. This match up will decide once and for all who is the Bantamweight King of Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Alfredas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MMAIRELAND.ORG

Hey guys,

Thanks for the link that armbar was unreal!!

Just letting you know that we interviewed Artemij yesterday to talk about the fight and his upcomming war with Paul McVeigh. He is a great guy and a very humble fighter. You can check it out in the "MMA news from other sites" sticky.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Somebody made a gif of that armbar on Sherdog, Sitenkov has gone global :-p

• Advertisement
Advertisement