Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Legend- Meteor - to buy or not to buy!!

Options
  • 07-04-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Almost bought this on Meteor Bill pay a few days ago.
    Just read a few posts here regarding the price.
    Seems it will cost me more to switch from pay as you go to bill. Wtf?

Anyway apart from that is it true that people are experiencing problems with dropped calls/ signals or something??
    Please advise as I don't understand a lot of the jargon people are using.

I just can't afford an I-phone. I only want to get the Meteor €20 monthly bill as I can't afford O2 / Vodafone.. They're not suitable for my phone usage..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Speaking as someone who bought the HTC Legend a couple of weeks ago, I would advise against it

(1) The HTC Desire will be announced very soon on Meteor (and other networks), it's got a much a better spec. If you buy now you'll see the new phone retail for a very similar price and feel like you missed out.

(2) There are some pretty serious issues with the Meteor network which can make it frustrating for Android users - this affects the Hero, the Legend and probably any other 3G handsets on Meteor, be warned!

More info here: http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showforum=23

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Im also considering getting this with meteor, was originally going to wait for the htc desire but the legend looks great and has good specs so was thinking of just getting that now instead.

Meteor's bill pay plans are alot more affordable than o2's and vodafone, €20 a month compared to €40 and €35. So I think there the best to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

They are also going to be releasing the iPhone (Apparently) in 4-5 weeks along with Three. If you want Android though I would recommend waiting until the desire is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jojojnr

They are also going to be releasing the iPhone (Apparently) in 4-5 weeks along with Three. If you want Android though I would recommend waiting until the desire is released.

Apple on Meteor....love to know where you heard that. If this were true, they'd be shouting about it. 3 did say publically they'd have it "this year". Again, if it was anytime soon, we'd all know.

I heard it here on boards.ie. Apparently they offered 100 of them as upgrades at random to their customers and are planning a launch sometime within the next 2 months. Meteor themselves seems to have confirmed that there is internal talk of getting the iPhone but there is nothing set in stone yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I'm in the same boat myself, practically had the car pointed at Meteor in Dundrum the other night, ready to buy the phone. If it wasn't for the forums here and on the meteor site I would off. With their network problems I really don't want to end up on a 12/18 month contract with a useless phone.

I'm going to hold off for the Desire, and hopefully, just hopefully meteor will fix their 2g/3g network issues by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I just can't afford an I-phone. I only want to get the Meteor €20 monthly bill as I can't afford O2 / Vodafone.. They're not suitable for my phone usage..

I just posted this on a seperate thread about the HTC Desire with Meteor. Seems Meteor have pulled a fast one and upped their prices overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm going to wait for the Desire, but with the network problems on Meteor I'm not sure I want to stay with them. But Vodafone & O2 are both dearer on their monthly plans:(

They've upped the price of the legend aswell as forced you to puy a data allowance.

From €69 to €149.99 and price plans start at €30 p/m.

At the connect €20 plan which you could get just yesterday the phone was €119.99 and the plan was €20 p/m for 18 months or €25 p/m for 12 months.

That meant after 12 months (Had you picked the 12 month plan) you got the phone for €419.

Now that it's €35 for 12 months and the phone itself is €149.99 the price has went up to €569.

That's a price increase of €150 or 36% in less than 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

A few insider bits of info here
    1. The Iphone is offered to business plan customers only, these guys spend in the 500-1000 a month region, so its unlikely ordinary customers will be offered it for now
    2. Dont even bother...get the HTC Desire, it is really cool, it may not have the appeal or popularity of the iphone but it looks just as good and is superor technology, the things it has are planned to be included on next iphone, which is ages from coming out.
    3. The Iphone is fastly becoming the BMW M3 of mobile phones! :p

• Advertisement

A few insider bits of info here
    1. The Iphone is offered to business plan customers only, these guys spend in the 500-1000 a month region, so its unlikely ordinary customers will be offered it for now
    2. Dont even bother...get the HTC Desire, it is really cool, it may not have the appeal or popularity of the iphone but it looks just as good and is superor technology, the things it has are planned to be included on next iphone, which is ages from coming out.
    3. The Iphone is fastly becoming the BMW M3 of mobile phones! :p
    Aka It's good but overpriced and bought primarily by show offs.:pac:

Advertisement