Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new piercing cleaning

Options
  • 07-04-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Can you use surgical spirits to clean piercings or is it too strong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

way way way too fecking strong...wow.

Pint of water, table spoon of sea salt, boil up, let cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Oh ok, thanks, was wondering why it burnt so much! lol
    Ok will remember not to use it again :)

where the **** did you get it pierced that the piercer didn't tell you how to look after it

Haha
    They said to use disinfectant and they are foreign so they couldnt articulate properly what they meant.
    I just heard that I could use surgical spirits but after I used it and it burned like a bitch I thought i might check it out on here. :)

what was the studio? That's terrible advice even if they said disinfectant

• Advertisement

Im not bad mouthing them. i get all my piercing and tattoos done there and Iv never had a problem.
    They always do perfect work.

tufterween wrote: »
    Im not bad mouthing them. i get all my piercing and tattoos done there and Iv never had a problem.
    They always do perfect work.
    A studio that says it's ok to use surgical spirits is not one I would consider to do perfect work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

where the **** did you get it pierced that the piercer didn't tell you how to look after it

Sounds like the market stall that butchers people.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭I Concur

unknown13 wrote: »
    Sounds like the market stall that butchers people.

There is nothing wrong with the place! It was just a mix up! Jesus!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I Concur wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with the place! It was just a mix up! Jesus!!!!

Yes,there is plenty of things wrong with that place. I am not going into detail about it yet

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    Yes,there is plenty of things wrong with that place. I am not going into detail about it yet

You don't know the place so what are you going on about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Guys please keep speculation on where it was out of the conversation. Unless the OP mentions it by name, then you don't know where they had it done.

I didn't ask for you're opinion on whether the place is or isn't a "butcher stall" (totally OTT, don't be silly).

I asked a question about cleaning a piercing.

You guys don't know where I got it done so nobody know what they are talking about!

Does nobody hear me when I say it was a misunderstanding? You guy's are acting like this is the worst thing that's ever happened in a piercing parlour.

Don't you think using dirty needles or doing the piercing wrong is worse than not being able to communicate EXACTLY right what EXACTLY to use to clean it??

I mean seriously, take a chill pill and calm down

YEAH!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the wizzard

Clean it with a medicated liquid soap such as Carex, pat it dry with clean paper towels and dab once a day with a drop of 5% lavender oil, useing either tea tree or almond oil as a carrier.Don't use alcohol etc and don't fiddle with it. Keeping it dry is as important as keeping it clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The best thing that you can do for your piercing is sea-salt soaks.
    Keep any soaps and oils away from it!
    If you do want to use some tea tree oil, add just a couple of tiny drops to the sea-salt solution, otherwise it's going to be too strong and cause you more problems!

Advertisement