Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 50inch TV (50PQ3000)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Might seem good value, but dont buy an LG , they are useless, I have one , regretting I ever bought it now, Get a Sony Bravia.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Im very happy with my LG.

LH4000 37"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I have a 4000 series LG 37 too. I too, am quite happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

LG 37 inch 3k series and very happy with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Might seem good value, but dont buy an LG , they are useless, I have one , regretting I ever bought it now, Get a Sony Bravia.

Have an LG monitor but can remember when they called themselves lucky golden - funny, they were a lot cheaper then.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Bought that TV for the folks last year, very happy with it, they have it wall mounted ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

brightkane wrote: »
    Bought that TV for the folks last year, very happy with it, they have it wall mounted ect

Do you mind me asking if you haggled the price down with sales people ;)

It's amazing how many people won't do that... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

bought it from richersounds at the time, not Pcity.

From them it was the same price as powercity, but with a 4yr warranty and included delivery also so i went with RS in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭beaniebarbeque

bladespin wrote: »
    Have an LG monitor but can remember when they called themselves lucky golden - funny, they were a lot cheaper then.:D

Lucky Goldstar if I remember correctly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hard luck on your LG but I have never had issue with an LG product and they are highly rated TV's. Unfortunately there will always be a few faultys out there but that's true of every brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

People give LG TV's a hard time because they're more of a "budget brand" than your Sony or Samsung...

But I've got a LG 37LG3000 which is grand.. not as good as my 37" 1080p Sharp Aquos but the LG is 720p anyways.

PS - Wrong forum for this... it's more of a Request.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

basquille wrote: »
    People give LG TV's a hard time because they're more of a "budget brand" than your Sony or Samsung...

Samsung are in the same budget brand as LG, they both tend to release TV's to very similar spec and pricing at the same time. In fact I think there was a case against them for price matching or some legal mumbo jumbo. Plus a lot of other brands use LG or Samsung screens in their products.

Wow, that wasn't even close to on topic. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No worries NothingMan.. but I rarely see a Samsung around the same price-tag as a similarly speced LG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I take it you bought one of the ones with the well known faults of dead pixels or the ones that take sudden deaths within 3 months.

Walker are cheaper than LG & reliable TVs, we went with Walker as the it was Full HD 1080, better picture quailty than the LG & wayyy cheaper for a 46in than an LG 46in. I really didn't find the quailty of picture on a 50in LG or Samsung all that good as it was a 50in we wanted, the only one that did appear good was Sony & it was mad money. But very impressed with our Walker & everyone always comments on the size & quailty of the picture, most think its a 50in anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I bought an LG 42 SL8000, An aboslutly amazing tv, paid 900 for it from Komplett. On avforums its quite a distinguished TV, So LG are defo on the way up!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

Im very happy with my LG.

LH4000 37"

Same TV, brilliant quality expected from LG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Lucky Goldstar if I remember correctly.....

You are indeed correct beanie :D

As budget brands go LG are quite good, lots of folks seem to confuse then with higher quality manufacturers, and expect (and sometimes pay) a lot more from them than they really are.

Advertisement