Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

battlefield BC2 league /Tournament xbox 360

• 07-04-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Ok just throwing this out there. Would there be anybody intrested in having a league or tournament in this game. Obviously depending on how many are interested. I am not doing a poll because as history shows it never works out. So if your interested reply with your gametag and what type of game you want to play. It will be teams of four so if you want to have a team be they boards memebers or not just post there game tags.
    We will see how many replies we get and i will let you know in a few weeks.

Please do not edit post and change team members just post again. Because if it does go ahead i will have to go thru all the post and might miss something if its edited

So at this moment i want to see tags and gametype only please.

If it don't work hey i tried.

Sorry could people let me know if they want ordinary version or hardcore version as well

Just incase people only read the first post

Need to know game tag
    Oridinary or hardcore mode
    What game ie team deathmatch, rush, squad rush or conquest or don't mind
    There will be a prize for each member of the winning team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Would be up for this haven't played for a bit as I'm trying to finish Forza but this would entice me back

Edit: Apologies was reading this in work so only skimmed over your post.

GT: DesolateSeven
    Mode:Ordinary/Hardcore (makes no odds)
    Type: Any (see above)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

JD1763 wrote: »
    Would be up for this haven't played for a bit as I'm trying to finish Forza but this would entice me back

JD could you add your game tag and what game mode you want or if you don't mind say don't mind.
    Also ordinary or hardcore.

Ta

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you can count me in anyway :)

Dude what game mode would you want to play.

And ordinary or hardcore mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Sounds like fun! Count me in... preferably hardcore... regular just doesn't do it for me anymore ;)

Ok just throwing this out there. Would there be anybody intrested in having a league or tournament in this game. Obviously depending on how many are interested. I am not doing a poll because as history shows it never works out. So if your interested reply with your gametag and what type of game you want to play. It will be teams of four so if you want to have a team be they boards memebers or not just post there game tags.
    We will see how many replies we get and i will let you know in a few weeks.

Please do not edit post and change team members just post again. Because if it does go ahead i will have to go thru all the post and might miss something if its edited

So at this moment i want to see tags and gametype only please.

If it don't work hey i tried.

Sorry could people let me know if they want ordinary version or hardcore version as well

Ok after rereading this i need to know the following

A game tag
    B hardcore or ordinary mode
    C What game you want I.e Team deathmatch,Rush Squad Rush Conquest.

Sorry bout that could everyone either edit or repost.
    Off to a good start
    And there will be a prize for each member of the team. Just in case you need an extra reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

gamertag: Dunworth1

would prefer Hardcore but will play ordinary

rush or conquest either is good

whats this about a prize i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Count me in too..

Gamertag: colmise

Ordinary, but Hardcore is grand too

Squad DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

A galwaydave
    B Either mode but prefer Hardcore
    C Any gamemode

Just as a matter of interest though we should really require all classes to start with basic level 1 kits as people with much higher rankings would have an advantage.

GT: TheMooseInNam
    Mode: Any
    Difficulty: Hardcore preferably but will do regular too

You can keep your prize, all I want are the other teams dogtags... and maybe their ears for a rather fetching necklace ;)

A galwaydave
    B Either mode but prefer Hardcore
    C Any gamemode

Just as a matter of interest though we should really require all classes to start with basic level 1 kits as people with much higher rankings would have an advantage.

Let's see if we get the bodies first no use jumping the gun if there are only 10 players in total.
    But i have a few ideas already for the rules.

• Advertisement

GT: TheMooseInNam
    Mode: Any
    Difficulty: Hardcore preferably but will do regular too

You can keep your prize, all I want are the other teams dogtags... and maybe their ears for a rather fetching necklace ;)

Damn that was the prize.
    I have the contract hidden (u need a magnifier to see it)in the my original post and it say's that everyone who signs up has to forefit there dogtags

Thanks for ruining it LOL

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Gt lenny irl
    game mode hardcore anything.
    Mayr rug would be fun as t would mean having to stay together all the time.. But could also just turn into
    a
    sniping match

Damn that was the prize.
    I have the contract hidden (u need a magnifier to see it)in the my original post and it say's that everyone who signs up has to forefit there dogtags

Thanks for ruining it LOL

Forfeit your dogtags, I love it!!! :D

Could we get them all to line up against a wall while we execute them???

Forfeit your dogtags, I love it!!! :D

Could we get them all to line up against a wall while we execute them???

What with the "WE" the dog tags are mine i tell ya
    Precious dog tags....... need more

What with the "WE" the dog tags are mine i tell ya
    Precious dog tags....... need more

OK Golem, take it easy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Raze them all.

Preferebly hardcore but will do ordinary

Doesn matter what type.

Et brute, here I frickin come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

naughtokev
    oridinary mode (not great at this game)
    not to bothered aboutthe game
    what is the prize??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The Batman IRL
    Hardcode
    Any game mode

naughto wrote: »
    naughtokev
    what is the prize??

BOARDIES DOGTAGS!!!

BOARDIES DOGTAGS!!!

We have unleased a Moonster.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    naughtokev
    what is the prize??

For you kev something to do with a Swedish girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Hey guys

Can you add me to the list, been a bit slack the last few weeks (Sorry Batman IRL, MooseInNam, Royal 1rish, M1JU and anyone else who added me). Will be free from next week on in the evenings, just got to get through a stag this weekend.....

1 GT: Spaco05
    2 Haven't played hardcore (yet) but would be up for either
    3 Any, although i'm more of a TDM player....

cheers
    P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Am well up for this. Question how do the single players on here decide who to team up with?

I only ask as some players would be more able than others that are newer to the game and the risk of having vastly unbalanced teams is a biggie :)

GT: M1JU
    Mode:Hardcore (but will play on any mode)
    Type: Rush (but will play any type)

If this gets going properly I'll actually sort out a decent prize for the winning team.

miju wrote: »
    Am well up for this. Question how do the single players on here decide who to team up with?

I only ask as some players would be more able than others that are newer to the game and the risk of having vastly unbalanced teams is a biggie :)

I was thinking of getting Davy to run some of his algorythems that he work out for the find love on Board :D:D:D

Joking aside yes you have a fair point and i can see where you are coming from and am working on something at the moment ( rank and timeplaying the game will be involved,which i can check with the gametags) but we still need a fair few more people and as i said originally this thread is to see if there enough interest in a tournement.

And so far everybody joined is a single player so i could say that

In the interest of fairness to all enterents from now on you cannot pick a team and must enter singley and when the tournement is announced properly a team will be assigned to you.

But opened to any suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Westwind7679
    Anytime
    Anywhere
    any map (cept vip maps)
    any mode

miju wrote: »

I was thinking of getting Davy to run some of his algorythems that he work out for the find love on Board :D:D:D

Joking aside yes you have a fair point and i can see where you are coming from and am working on something at the moment ( rank and timeplaying the game will be involved,which i can check with the gametags) but we still need a fair few more people and as i said originally this thread is to see if there enough interest in a tournement.

And so far everybody joined is a single player so i could say that

In the interest of fairness to all enterents from now on you cannot pick a team and must enter singley and when the tournement is announced properly a team will be assigned to you.

But opened to any suggestion.

Really? You want to organise the teams in this way? Surely that defeats the whole idea of squad play and team interaction? I understand your reservations about unfair advantage, some players being stronger than others etc but this is a sqaud based tournament, right? By it's nature, it's to find out who the best squad is?

If this is to work, the winning squad will be the ones who train a number of nights a week together, work out set routines and set pieces, develope strategies and work as a single unit. Putting random people together and expecting them to be able to function as a team, turn up to training and cohere as a working unit, just won't work. Remember, your squad can only be as strong as it's weakest member.

I was involved with GameBattles.com and ran a Rainbow Six Vegas 2 clan for a while and the whole reason behind having clan match tournaments was to find out who was the best team, as it turned out it was a bunch of Germans who litterally devastated every other team they came up against. They were seriously that good! I can hold my own against most people but these guys were like ninja nazis that had some sort of Borg-like shared consciousness! They really did deserve to win, they were that good and that impressive. It took me about a week to recover from my humiliating defeat and realise that it was probably the best gameplay I'd ever experienced. I realised that I entered the tournament to win, was found wanting but had a hell of a journey getting there.

Anyway, the point I think I meant to make was if you want to randomly assign members to teams, so be it, I'll go along with that but be aware that you're not having a true tournament then. What you're having is an organised boards clash with a random outcome, whereas allowing teams to organise themselves into coherent groups, match up gameplay styles and develope as a team then you'll find the experience will be much better.

Ok, I've said my piece. Whatever you decide to do CableGuy, I'll back you up and will be happy to be involved. If you require help organizing it all, I'd be happy to provide assistance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

actually MooseInNam makes some very valid points so I hereby withdraw the point raised about weaker teams.

Theres no fairness in war :p Now who wants to team up with me LOL

Yes moose you made some valid points and i see where your coming from as well But so far on the thread nobody has actually signed up as a team yet

{And so far everybody joined is a single player so i could say that}

As it says could say

{But opened to any suggestion}

Meaning that at this time the rules are still in flux and i will go with whatever the majority decide

On a complete seperate subject altogether by sheer chance Moose is my new number one target for knifing :D:D (kidding)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

I for one would love to see a knife/pistol team death match with all IRL and random teams

shock pads and engi tool also acceptable

• Advertisement

On a complete seperate subject altogether by sheer chance Moose is my new number one target for knifing :D:D (kidding)

I'm insulted that there was ever anyone you wanted to knife more :D

I'm quite touched that my little rant earlier wasn't dismissed as complete lunacy... YOU GUYS!!! :o

As for arranging teams and such. We're all adults here and I'm sure we can tackle this issue with dignity to ensure nobody is left out like that fat, awkward kid on the playground who is always picked last and only because he's the last one left to balance the teams.

PM me now with interest of joining my team or risk being that kid :D:D (kidding, just couldn't resist)

Advertisement