Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

battlefield BC2 league /Tournament xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Question am I taking this too seriously? :(

Its war. When you stop taking it seiously , men die!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Of the maps we are playing we should have some plans laided out on this forum before tomorrow night.

Game 1 Map: Arica Harbor

First map in Arica Harbor there is a kind of bottle neck leading into the base, and that will be our best bet to hold of an attack in its early stages. But what is most important is to get out of the blocks quickly and get our tanks in position, which V-Optics selected so we can hit them early coming up the long road towards are base. Also litter the entrance and surrounding area with anti tank mines. If we do end up on the back foot during that stage of the game, planting some anti tank mines at the exit of the base heading town into the down is a good move to get a few kills and slow down an attack.

In the next stage in the town, I believe the best way to defend is to choose one comm station and stick to it like a fly to a turd. My choice would be the one in the garage. Have a couple of medics inside, reviving as the go, with another squad across the street picking guys off as they come into line of sight in the main road through the town.

Am not going to go into the rest of that map as if we follow that plan it shouldnt go that far.

Game 2 Map: Isla Inocentes

Defending on Isla Inocentes in my opinion is best done with 2 good snipers watching the hill towards the enemies spawn with the rest of the team camping on the comm station on the right hand side of our base. From there you will have a decent view of the other comm station aswell.

Game 3 Map: Port Valdez

Same as in Arica Harbor, we should use the natural bottle neck in the map to stop the enemy attack. Laying anti tank mines is also good in this map.

It is key on all these maps, to hold a line towards the enemies spawn. Holding a line on this map would be a squad of guys on the left hand side road taking out anything coming down that road, 3 on the hill that is usually plagued with wookies (snipers) and 1 on the long road on the right hand side, with 1 of the 3 guys on the hill on call to help out if needed.

Also on Port Valdez the very first attack is very important. You have to watch for the quads coming down at speed and push them right back up the map so we can get in place to hold a line.

Question am I taking this too seriously? :(
    In africa harbour it's best to ignore the mcom station A(the one in the bulding) as it's always collapsed. Protecting B is the way to go.

In port valdez don't forget snipers can get on the pipes at the very left so just keep an eye out for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

In africa harbour it's best to ignore the mcom station A(the one in the bulding) as it's always collapsed. Protecting B is the way to go.

In port valdez don't forget snipers can get on the pipes at the very left so just keep an eye out for that

its always taken out with mortars

oh and cable guy i was flying an apache tonight and dominated the game with it;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

For Arica harbour. I suggest we keep two tanks bank at B. And blow up all visual barriers surround B giving us clear line of sight.

Put up a half hearted effort at defending A but if they are a team with any sense they will just shell A and collapse it.

Two tanks looking in the opposite direction either side of the hut with B in it plus with the area littered in mines and a squad over the side by the stationary rockets where the tanks spawn and that teams not getting anywhere near mcom B

garv123 wrote: »
    oh and cable guy i was flying an apache tonight and dominated the game with it;)

kamikaze runs dont count as domination :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

garv123 wrote: »
    its always taken out with mortars

Ok Garv You must be going loco cos i haven't been on at all tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Dunworth
    Royal
    Raze
    M1ju
    Moose
    Garv
    Cycocylce
    Kev (maybe hasn't confirmed

ok guys we have our team.

i have sent a message to the leader of the other team and am waiting to here back from him.

i sadly wont be on tonight.

i would like if we could practice the maps tomorrow before the match.
    as suggested by moose 8pm.

so can all the members to be included in the match be on at 8pm so we can practice the maps.

other members are welcome to join us but all 8 members will be in a party
    and in squads that they will be playing in the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i don't know if it's been said yet but can all of the team for tonight install the game to harddrive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

i don't know if it's been said yet but can all of the team for tonight install the game to harddrive!

Good point Raze.

And also refresh all routers and test the xbox live connection in system settings to make sure there are no NAT issues. Don't want anyone not being able to connect to the game for some silly reason. If you have an issue with your NAT, let me know, I can probably talk you through how to change it to OPEN from MODERTE or STRICT. You'd be amazed at how many people have MODERATE NAT settings without ever knowing it.

wont be on tonight till bout 9 give or take. At work now and ave a match at half 7. Are the squads the squad of me moose cyco and raze that wer practising last night together and then the other 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

So it would be....

Alpha Squad
    Raze
    Garv
    Moose
    Cyco

Bravo Squad
    Royal
    Dunworth
    M1JI
    Kev

Am looking forward to this match.

So it would be....

Alpha Squad
    Raze
    Garv
    Moose
    Cyco

Bravo Squad
    Royal
    Dunworth
    M1JI
    Kev

Am looking forward to this match.

Ok, teams are organised. Now let's assign roles per squad members. I assume we'll make it up of engineers and medics, possibly recon for overwatching crates on defensive maps.

Will be on from about 6pm. Think tonight we should.practice the art of squad spawning.

Good few times last night I was in base or close to it hiding / picking of people with my UMP45 and squad kept respawning on me and kept pressure up / everyone in the battle again quickly.

Will be on from about 6pm. Think tonight we should.practice the art of squad spawning.

Good few times last night I was in base or close to it hiding / picking of people with my UMP45 and squad kept respawning on me and kept pressure up / everyone in the battle again quickly.

miju wrote: »

I'll be on about 8.30 for practice, sorry I can't make it earlier

I'll be on now in about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

it il be after 9 be for iam on

match went a bit like this:

us: ok we ready? lets go team boards
    them: bend over
    us: any lube
    them: no
    us: ok then :( urrrrgggh

Oh and for anyone wondering we all decided Moose should take one for the team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

it was the most annoying match i ever played.

started with lag test fair enough but we got confused when we were defending weather or not it was still a lag test or not.

second game fecking lag test again. then they couldn't get one of there members connected. so we had to restart guess what another fecking lag test.
    lag everywhere for both teams. so another restart with us hosting this time.
    another fecking lag test. we had a bit of lag but we said feck it and played anyway. we were so sick of it.

we were coming back in the last round but the fecking lag killed us.

after the second round we just gave up the matches were boring. and the lag was pissing us off.

it took 2 hours to play two maps.

we just need to work more on playing as a team.

note:we are never playing them again.

miju wrote: »
    match went a bit like this:

us: ok we ready? lets go team boards
    them: bend over
    us: any lube
    them: no
    us: ok then :( urrrrgggh

Oh and for anyone wondering we all decided Moose should take one for the team :)

err what?

• Advertisement

you forgot the 6 gold tags that were taking from that d**khead over all
    wel i think it was 6. me x2 raze x 2 and i think someone else got em

did anyone else get the message off him or was it just me?
    good game. best of luck on game battles <3 lmao

I didnt like doing the lag tests. But you have to have a bit of respect for the guys we played. They were deadly.

I remember on Arica harbor I had a few long shoots at the building trying to bring it down, and there was at least 1 guy in there guarding the comm station. Another guy on the hill to the left sniping. 2 guys in tanks, a guy on the right hand side hidden, with C4 planted on the dirt track flanking their base.

They were very well organised and we were like headless chickens with too many snipers.

I didnt like doing the lag tests. But you have to have a bit of respect for the guys we played. They were deadly.

I remember on Arica harbor I had a few long shoots at the building trying to bring it down, and there was at least 1 guy in there guarding the comm station. Another guy on the hill to the left sniping. 2 guys in tanks, a guy on the right hand side hidden, with C4 planted on the dirt track flanking their base.

They were very well organised and we were like headless chickens with too many snipers.

we turned to sniping in the end because we cudnt get near their base without been taken out

The very first time attacking on Arica harbor, I had 3 wookies in my squad at the very start of the game.

I think alot of the maps are just a race against the other team to get into the best positions. Like the high rocks to the left of their base on arica harbor. They held that very well and if we had of got 2 lads up there it could of changed the game.

One thing I have noticed is we play very well in normal games against random players, but 9 times out of 10, they end up leaving and we get left playing against 3 or 4 players on the other team.

I tried getting to the base as an engineer but kept getting blown up or sniped before I got to the wall of their base. If I hadn't stayed on for a few games afterward the match, I would have been depressed for the rest of the weekend...

All it took to cheer myself up was some sneaky wookie scalping behind enemy lines (8 tags on that excursion, if I remember correctly) and then flew their chopper back to our base when I ran out of ammo... I was laughing so hard I had to turn my mic off :D Good times...

The very first time attacking on Arica harbor, I had 3 wookies in my squad at the very start of the game.

I think alot of the maps are just a race against the other team to get into the best positions. Like the high rocks to the left of their base on arica harbor. They held that very well and if we had of got 2 lads up there it could of changed the game.

One thing I have noticed is we play very well in normal games against random players, but 9 times out of 10, they end up leaving and we get left playing against 3 or 4 players on the other team.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Do you think we should scrap the IRL tags?

Hell no, we should wear those tags with pride. If we didnt have them it would be much the same I'd expect.

Hell no, we should wear those tags with pride. If we didnt have them it would be much the same I'd expect.

Point taken. Then we need to make sure everyone else has them too. I noticed a few without them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

That was an eye opener alright. Started as a medic a few times and lasted about 30 seconds each time. Changed to Recon to try for a few long range kills. In the end their snipers werent even hiding, just sitting on the hillside picking everyone off. They take it very seriously and were well drilled. Us not so much. We play well against disorganised randomers but this was something else.
    If we took on teams closer to our level and built up experience we would do better. Getting mauled at the hands of semi-pros does us no good. Like a pubs league team playing a premier league side.
    I had a craic and I got Mooses tags beferehand so that was OK. Made up for losing mine to Raze,Garv and Lenny!! :)

• Advertisement

cycocycle wrote: »
    I had a craic and I got Mooses tags beferehand so that was OK. Made up for losing mine to Raze,Garv and Lenny!! :)

yeah, that was good fun alright.

As for my tags... another couple of weeks and they'll be gold... reckon I'll be a marked man then, every boardsie will be inviting me to their deathmatch when their squad is full :(

Advertisement