Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

battlefield BC2 league /Tournament xbox 360

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

cycocycle wrote: »
    That was an eye opener alright. Started as a medic a few times and lasted about 30 seconds each time. Changed to Recon to try for a few long range kills. In the end their snipers werent even hiding, just sitting on the hillside picking everyone off. They take it very seriously and were well drilled. Us not so much. We play well against disorganised randomers but this was something else.
    If we took on teams closer to our level and built up experience we would do better. Getting mauled at the hands of semi-pros does us no good. Like a pubs league team playing a premier league side.
    I had a craic and I got Mooses tags beferehand so that was OK. Made up for losing mine to Raze,Garv and Lenny!! :)
    Ha repeatidly losing them to raze

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I already explained I was merely donating tags to boost team morale!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

raze you cant say much ;)

and yeah i agree that they were all organised and we wernt but shur look e said we'd go on before and practice.
    all we did was play against each other and have a good laff
    and hell yes we're keepin the irl clan tags up.
    its much more fun playing normal games with randomers.
    but still if we can find the odd game against other teams our rank we should take them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

The very first time attacking on Arica harbor, I had 3 wookies in my squad at the very start of the game.

I was a wookie and was the only one to arm a crate but wasnt equipped with a sniper rifle, have been doing that alot recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Ok by now most of the members/if not all have seen what we are up against in a tournement match.
    So what does everybody think should be the next stage more training arrange more matches or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

miju wrote: »
    match went a bit like this:

us: ok we ready? lets go team boards
    them: bend over
    us: any lube
    them: no
    us: ok then :( urrrrgggh

Oh and for anyone wondering we all decided Moose should take one for the team :)

LMFAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Ok by now most of the members/if not all have seen what we are up against in a tournement match.
    So what does everybody think should be the next stage more training arrange more matches or what.

We need to actually do some training! Proper, organised training... not just playing together but actually focusing on squad movement together and squad positioning on the battlefield.

I'm up for trying it properly tonight, if anyone can can make it.

I'm up for trying it properly tonight, if anyone can can make it.

Yes Can be on from 8.00 maybe 7.30.

I,ll be on late tuesday night and again at the weekend(Alan Wake will probably be taking some time but if there is something happening let me know). I think we are all pretty practised on amusing team killing so we can probably skip that lesson!:D

Yes Can be on from 8.00 maybe 7.30.

Ok, I'll probably be on around 9pm but should be on for the rest of the night.

• Advertisement

BTW the team that beat us Saturday night Shock and Awe went on the following night to beat Sons of Anarchy who are the top ranked team on the BFBC2 ladder on gamebattles! They were a little bit handy!

BTW the team that beat us Saturday night Shock and Awe went on the following night to beat Sons of Anarchy who are the top ranked team on the BFBC2 ladder on gamebattles! They were a little bit handy!

Nice to know we had a hand in boosting their pre-game confidence :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

theUbiq
    normal not hardcore
    rush prefered

:D

theUbiq wrote: »
    theUbiq
    normal not hardcore
    rush prefered

:D

Sorry Dude Wrong thread you need this one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851540&page=71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i should be on at around 9.30 -10pm tonight

ahh noooooo my membership is up :(
    guess you wont be seen me on for a few days.

Cableguy,

You asked me why you have problems connecting to some of the team members parties and games. It has to do with your or their NAT settings not being set to OPEN.

I'm posting the reply here so that all the team members can read it and hopefully we'll be able to eliminate the problem if everyone manages to set their NAT to OPEN. Just assuming that your NAT is set to OPEN is a mistake. Just because it was OPEN yesterday, doesn't mean it'll be set to OPEN today. To many things determine what it's set too.

I actually check my NAT setting every time I switch my console on. It only takes a few seconds and generally saves me having party connectivity problems and if I have a probem joining a party/game, I know it's because of someone else's settings, not mine.

Ok, this can be a bit of a mindfield, so bare with me. NAT settings are the biggest problem XBL suffers from and there's nothing MS can do about it because it's down to the individual user to sort his/her own connection out. The problem is that most XBL users aren't even aware the issue exists.

Firstly, it may not even be your NAT settings causing the problem, it could be the person you're trying to join with or someone else in their party/game with a NAT issue causing them to have connectivity issues with you.

First off, you'll need to check what NAT settings you currently have. Two ways to do this, easily:

1. Put in a copy of Modern Warfare 2. In the XBL multiplayer menu screen, it'll tell you if your NAT is OPEN, MODERATE or STRICT just under the list of class loadouts. Thought this was a revolutionary idea by Infinity Ward to include this into the game. Evey developer should!

OR

2. Go to the SYSTEMS settings on your xbox blades, go to NETWORK, then TEST XBOX LIVE CONNECTION. You'll need to sign out to do this. If it goes through without reporting any errors, then you have an OPEN status and all is good.

A little bit about what NAT is:

It's really hard to explain, seriously. I've googled for definitions loads of times but never really got a decent explanation. Basically, it's a communication protocol set to three different tiers. Imagine it's like a pyramid, OPEN at the top, MODERATE in the middle and STRICT at the bottom. If you're on top of the pyramid, you can connect/communicate with everyone but the lower down the pyramid you go, the less connectivity you get. This isn't really how it works but it's about the best way to get a grasp of it.

So, basically, you want everyone you play with at the top of the pyramid with you, so you never have communication/connectivity issues.

How to achieve this:

Firstly, try the following steps. It may be very simple.

1. Turn off your xbox and any other laptop/PC or any wifi connected device to your router.
    2. Then unplug the power source to your router for at least 30-60 seconds (to allow complete power drain).
    3. Then reboot your router, allow it to configure itself and only then reboot your xbox.
    4. Go straight to the SYSTEM SETTINGS, TEST XBOX LIVE CONNECTION and RUN TEST.
    If the test now comes back clear and has connected to XBL without reporting any issues, then you know that all you need to do is refresh your router before you turn on your Xbox in future.

The reason for your NAT issue was due to your router getting IP flooded (overloaded with data streaming into or out of it, might be due to a P2P client or something similar).

If that doesn't solve the problem then we need to change the settings in your router and open up a few ports to allow XBL to communicate freely through your router. If you forward me your router's make and model, I'll send you back a walkthrough guide of what needs to be done. Don't worry, it's not hard to do once you're shown.

Sorry about the long reply but thought you might like the background info. Once armed with a little knowledge, these things become much easier to tackle.

I'm completed geeked out now... need a coffee and some manual labour :D

If that doesn't solve the problem then we need to change the settings in your router and open up a few ports to allow XBL to communicate freely through your router. If you forward me your router's make and model, I'll send you back a walkthrough guide of what needs to be done. Don't worry, it's not hard to do once you're shown.

intellinet 503693

weird last night i could join but cyco couldnt. playing off the same router.
    i often find i cant join cableguy on the first go.

garv123 wrote: »
    intellinet 503693

weird last night i could join but cyco couldnt. playing off the same router.
    i often find i cant join cableguy on the first go.

Running two consoles off the same router normally makes one OPEN and the rest MODERATE if the correct ports aren't opened up. I'll do some work on it for you later on, ok?

Running two consoles off the same router normally makes one OPEN and the rest MODERATE if the correct ports aren't opened up. I'll do some work on it for you later on, ok?

even with 1 console its moderate.
    b4 he got the elite this was always moderate

• Advertisement

even with 1 console its moderate.
    b4 he got the elite this was always moderate

Right, the first thing you need to do is go to the network settings of each console.

You're probably using the automatic connection settings, so you'll need to write down what all those are for each xbox, including the DNS settings. You'll need to re-enter them later under manual settings, make sure you get them correctly.

The first line is your IP address is probably something like 192.168.1.2, you'll be changing this slightly on each xbox and assigning it a fixed IP address through manual settings instead of letting the xbox choose it's own IP address.

Now re-enter all the settings exactly as before through the manual settings option, except add 10 to the last number. eg. 192.168.1.2 would become 192.168.1.12, also make sure the other console is one digit higher eg. 192.168.1.13

Now see if your consoles will connect to XBL. If that's done correctly, it should connect just as before but now you have a static IP address for each console in your router. That's step one done.

The next step is to open the correct ports in the router for each console to connect to XBL with any restrictions.

To do this you'll need to access your router by typing in it's IP address (192.168.1.254 for your router, other routers are are 192.168.1.1, a quick google search will tell you your default router IP address) into your browser (where you'd normally enter www.boards.ie). Your username and password are probably still the defaults, so enter admin for both (some other routers have a blank password, again a quick google search will find this out for you).

In your router settings you'll need to find the port forwarding section. I think it's called Virtual Server on your router.

You'll need to enter eight seperate entries here. Four for each console. This will open the ports.

Under Private IP... enter the console's IP address (the new one you changed it to)
    Under Private Port... enter 3074
    Under Type... enter TCP

Now repeat the above but under Type... enter UDP

Half way there for that console...

Now repeat the above steps but use Private Port... 88 and select both TCP and UDP.

One console done.

Now repeat the steps for the other console making sure to use that console's new IP address.

Make sure to save the settings on the router. Give it a minute or so and power both your router and your consoles off.

Now reboot your router, give it a minute or so to reconfigure and power up the consoles. Last step is to run a network test on both consoles to make sure everything went through ok.

Last thing, remember to regularly power off your router (I do it everyday before gaming) and allow it to reboot. This will clear any IP flooding that may have occurred and cause NAT issues.

Figures crossed everything went ok for you :p Happy gaming...

this is way off topic but i was wondering moose do you work with computer network or along the line of that?

Right, the first thing you need to do is go to the network settings of each console.

You're probably using the automatic connection settings, so you'll need to write down what all those are for each xbox, including the DNS settings. You'll need to re-enter them later under manual settings, make sure you get them correctly.

The first line is your IP address is probably something like 192.168.1.2, you'll be changing this slightly on each xbox and assigning it a fixed IP address through manual settings instead of letting the xbox choose it's own IP address.

Now re-enter all the settings exactly as before through the manual settings option, except add 10 to the last number. eg. 192.168.1.2 would become 192.168.1.12, also make sure the other console is one digit higher eg. 192.168.1.13

Now see if your consoles will connect to XBL. If that's done correctly, it should connect just as before but now you have a static IP address for each console in your router. That's step one done.

The next step is to open the correct ports in the router for each console to connect to XBL with any restrictions.

To do this you'll need to access your router by typing in it's IP address (192.168.1.254 for your router, other routers are are 192.168.1.1, a quick google search will tell you your default router IP address) into your browser (where you'd normally enter www.boards.ie). Your username and password are probably still the defaults, so enter admin for both (some other routers have a blank password, again a quick google search will find this out for you).

In your router settings you'll need to find the port forwarding section. I think it's called Virtual Server on your router.

You'll need to enter eight seperate entries here. Four for each console. This will open the ports.

Under Private IP... enter the console's IP address (the new one you changed it to)
    Under Private Port... enter 3074
    Under Type... enter TCP

Now repeat the above but under Type... enter UDP

Half way there for that console...

Now repeat the above steps but use Private Port... 88 and select both TCP and UDP.

One console done.

Now repeat the steps for the other console making sure to use that console's new IP address.

Make sure to save the settings on the router. Give it a minute or so and power both your router and your consoles off.

Now reboot your router, give it a minute or so to reconfigure and power up the consoles. Last step is to run a network test on both consoles to make sure everything went through ok.

Last thing, remember to regularly power off your router (I do it everyday before gaming) and allow it to reboot. This will clear any IP flooding that may have occurred and cause NAT issues.

Figures crossed everything went ok for you :p Happy gaming...

;) ha il give it a go or leave cyco do it to his first coz the 1 ere is working grand with all ye at the moment.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    this is way off topic but i was wondering moose do you work with computer network or along the line of that?

Nope... just a 360 geek freak :o

;) ha il give it a go or leave cyco do it to his first coz the 1 ere is working grand with all ye at the moment.

You'll need to do both consoles, doing just one won't guarantee the other will be ok too.

The whole process of doing both consoles shouldn't take more than ten minutes or so. There's actually very little to it.

You'll need to do both consoles, doing just one won't guarantee the other will be ok too.

The whole process of doing both consoles shouldn't take more than ten minutes or so. There's actually very little to it.

ah il give it a go so when im abi more awake so. :cool:

Cheers Moose. I'll try them out at the weekend.

Cheers Moose. I'll try them out at the weekend.

good man;) i wasnt lookin forward 2 doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I wasn't gonna look through all the pages, has this tournament happened?

If not, will players be separated into teams then going against other teams?

• Advertisement

were not doing a tournament as such.

we started a clan on gamebattles.com. and entered into a tournament

Advertisement