Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

battlefield BC2 league /Tournament xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Yes Garv we sucked big time in that match i remember the circle incident.

And from the ashes. We have formed a new team hopefully consisting of the same members who should get a invite to the team from games battle
    shortly
    The new team is called The Irish Board Flying Column

Why was the other team disbanned
    Well we listened to you guys comments about not liking squad rush how there were no vehicles and how there was only four players so the above team is in a Different league where we can play Rush and Conquest with up to 8 and maybe 12 players it's normal rush mode and as far as i can see some of the matches will be hardcore.
    But because once you pick a tournement you cannot change it the simplest way was to disban the original team

So Goods news our record is 0-0 again
    We can play 8 on 8
    There is Room
    There are Vehicles
    And we can go and kick ass and show these other clans that we can
    win!!!!!!

And Dunworth is Still CAPTAIN

VIVE LE REVOLUTION!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

what was that now? ha i was abit off the sober side that night my memory isnt great;)

i like the sound of the new tournaments anyway.
    dunworth better get his act together tho :D
    leading lambs to be slaughtered wont work this time :D

Ok, I've just re-enlisted everyone into the new team roster. Over to you now cableguy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

got the eamil from gamebattles so where back in business this will be serious craic.going to jump on again now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

And from the ashes. We have formed a new team hopefully consisting of the same members who should get a invite to the team from games battle
    shortly
    The new team is called The Irish Board Flying Column

Why was the other team disbanned
    Well we listened to you guys comments about not liking squad rush how there were no vehicles and how there was only four players so the above team is in a Different league where we can play Rush and Conquest with up to 8 and maybe 12 players it's normal rush mode and as far as i can see some of the matches will be hardcore.
    But because once you pick a tournement you cannot change it the simplest way was to disban the original team

So Goods news our record is 0-0 again
    We can play 8 on 8
    There is Room
    There are Vehicles
    And we can go and kick ass and show these other clans that we can
    win!!!!!!

And Dunworth is Still CAPTAIN

Whoo hoo, I reckon we will be kicking ass in these new game modes. Now who's gonna strategise for the clan?

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    Whoo hoo, I reckon we will be kicking ass in these new game modes. Now who's gonna strategise for the clan?

Congradulations M1JU, you've just nominated yourself as chief strategist...

Now I expect a full working strategy for complete world domination by 2100 tonight, otherwise you'll have to forfeit 'em tags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Whoo hoo, I reckon we will be kicking ass in these new game modes.

Yes we thought people would be much happier with the clan now.

Congradulations M1JU, you've just nominated yourself as chief strategist...

Now I expect a full working strategy for complete world domination by 2100 tonight, otherwise you'll have to forfeit 'em tags ;)

me and my mouth. what map shall I strategise first?

. what map shall I strategise first?

Hmm because it's a random selections of the map we can't pick which map we will be playing so in this case I don't think it matters which map you pick first.

But Moose and myself have great confidence in you otherwise we wouldn't have selected you:D:D.

But Moose and myself have great confidence in you otherwise we wouldn't have selected you:D:D.

I see you didn't use "COMPLETE" confidence :D

Only joking m1ju. I think we're weakest on that snow/night map. We either dominate it or get completely over run. So perhaps a unifying strategy for that map would be a good place to start.

There's a spot in the second defensive section, in the middle of the map beside the river (about 150 meters, 2 o'clock to B station) on some rocks that offers a great position for the SUV/x4 scope. I often just take up a defensive position there and just rack up the kills. You can completely cover any advance on the left from their second spawn site all the way to B station and also cover the river bed and the hills to the right of A station. It's a spot generally ignored by most attackers. Anymore than one person there normally alerts attackers to it though. I've found if an individual can control that point, it's virtually impossible for them to sneak up on the bases without being spotted. Check it out.

• Advertisement

I see you didn't use "COMPLETE" confidence :D.

Heck I don't have complete confidence in what i am doing don't mind anybody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

should we have a quick training sesson before we go and challenge people.
    or we could just dive straight into matchs
    i will leave this up to our overlord. (cableguy)

this should be much better as we work fairly good together as a team on rush.
    and it will be nice to have a soild team for the entire match.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i will leave this up to our overlord. (cableguy)

this should be much better as we work fairly good together as a team on rush.
    and it will be nice to have a soild team for the entire match.

I say we have a couple of practices first. Though going by the last few nights the games are filling up with IRL tags anyways so it seems practice has already started :)

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i will leave this up to our overlord. (cableguy).

Its CABLEGUY not Cableguy especially if i am the overlord :D:D:D

When we pratice we only play against random people not a complete clan who know how to play but in saying that

Your Lord and Master Overlord CABLEGUY has started the ball rolling that we should be playing another clan shortly. I do not have the details as to time and date yet so i was not going to post

right new clan name, new start and all that plus I'm bored at home so decided to make a team logo or two.

Given our clans fetish for those little bits of tin it was only ever gonna feature one theme :) So feel free to vote and use one or none of the logos below :)

112276.gif

112277.gif

112278.gif

112279.jpg

my personal preference would be number 3 or failing that number 1

I agree

I'd agree as well

But i must say all are impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i agree. Can mine be a platinum knife though :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

CLASSSSSSSSS
    :D:D

no1 is pretty cool
    i like 2 aswel tho coz it has the flag.
    put the flagged tag in no1 aswel maybe?

• Advertisement

If you look really closely at the hilt of the knife, you'll see Raze's name etched into it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I reckon number 3 for the squad.
    Looking forward to kicking some a$$ in the new tourney. Can't wait.
    I'll be on again tonight if anyone is about. Was going to let Raze try his luck again at getting my tags.....:D
    Just on the gamebattles thing, do we need to purchase credits and stuff for competitions or is that just for ranked matches?
    Also Garv, my GT is Spaco05, but think you added me yesterday.
    Peace out
    P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i like the top 1 if ya could add in the irish flag on it like the second one it would be cool

If you look really closely at the hilt of the knife, you'll see Raze's name etched into it :D
    Over 500 kills hoora!

Ok there is a possibility that our first match will be on this Saturday 1st May.
    We are playing an offical clan but it is an exhibition match to give us an idea of how clans play.These are also new memebers to Gamesbattle. Now it will probably be eight a side but could be more or less I am waiting for confirmation and the time. I will also try to make it hardcore but if i do we might lose the choice of maps.
    So any idea's for which map we want,don't want to play.
    Again this is an exhibition match to see how well we gel as a unit.

I would like to say during the match can people refrain from taking tags unless the target cannot see you because we do not want stupid deaths because some members of the team were out hunting dog tags instead of shooting them and we are all guilty of this.

Ok there is a possibility that our first match will be on this Saturday 1st May.
    We are playing an offical clan but it is an exhibition match to give us an idea of how clans play.These are also new memebers to Gamesbattle. Now it will probably be eight a side but could be more or less I am waiting for confirmation and the time. I will also try to make it hardcore but if i do we might lose the choice of maps.
    So any idea's for which map we want,don't want to play.
    Again this is an exhibition match to see how well we gel as a unit.

I would like to say during the match can people refrain from taking tags unless the target cannot see you because we do not want stupid deaths because some members of the team were out hunting dog tags instead of shooting them and we are all guilty of this.
    Nt me anymore :-) what time will it be?

Nt me anymore :-) what time will it be?

Not sure waiting for a reply back as soon as I know everybody will know.
    But any map preferences.

Not sure waiting for a reply back as soon as I know everybody will know.
    But any map preferences.

Anyone except for Nelson Bay for obvious reasons LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Don't mind which maps, not mad about the snow one, but not enought t count it out altogether.
    What time we thinking? I should be free most of Saturday but let me know and i'll make sure i'm near an xbox....
    P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I find the best way to win in Rush while defending is to pick ONE comm station, let them get the other one, and just defend the ONE.

I personally think thats the way we should operate while doing game battles.

Advertisement