Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

battlefield BC2 league /Tournament xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Ok there is a possibility that our first match will be on this Saturday 1st May.
    We are playing an offical clan but it is an exhibition match to give us an idea of how clans play.These are also new memebers to Gamesbattle. Now it will probably be eight a side but could be more or less I am waiting for confirmation and the time. I will also try to make it hardcore but if i do we might lose the choice of maps.

Originally Posted by Raze_them_all viewpost.gif
    Nt me anymore :-) what time will it be?

Also asked by Spaco5

Not sure waiting for a reply back as soon as I know everybody will know.

I find the best way to win in Rush while defending is to pick ONE comm station, let them get the other one, and just defend the ONE.

I personally think thats the way we should operate while doing game battles.

This doesn't always work unfortunetly, especially on everybody's favourite map but during the exhibition match we will be able to see exactly what a clan is capable of and what we need to work on. Or will give us a fair idea of how we can combat them.

But please keep on suggesting for example I was playing with M1ju yesterday and in one of the maps he pointed out a great sniper spot which was so obvious but probably overlooked by most people.
    As well as that it be a bitch to stab him if he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Will we be splitting into a good mix of classes as well? No point in sending 8 poor snipers to their timely demise? Although 12 medics, using a buddy system could reek havoc (and let loos the dogs of war!!)
    I'm rubbish at sniping but can hold my own with the rest of the classes.
    Are there any thinigs that will be banned in the match (mortars for example).

PauloConn wrote: »
    Will we be splitting into a good mix of classes as well? No point in sending 8 poor snipers to their timely demise? Although 12 medics, using a buddy system could reek havoc (and let loos the dogs of war!!)

We won't be all medics cos 12 medics wouldn't work there are ways to combat that. Mortars are banned in squad rush not sure about this but it's a friendly match so we may in fact be able to use them but then so are they and they could be better using the mortars than us (swings and roundabouts)
    This is our first match at a clan so it will be a work in progress in relation to the classes but we will play to the strenghts of our members. So we won't be needing you sniping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I'm working on some strategies at the moment and will post the maps to everyone via PM before the weekend :)

• Advertisement

We won't be all medics cos 12 medics wouldn't work there are ways to combat that. Mortars are banned in squad rush not sure about this but it's a friendly match so we may in fact be able to use them but then so are they and they could be better using the mortars than us (swings and roundabouts)
    This is our first match at a clan so it will be a work in progress in relation to the classes but we will play to the strenghts of our members. So we won't be needing you sniping.

Phew, just wanted to make sure. Wouldn't be much use with 6 odd kills over a full game of Rush as sniper.
    Can't wait to see these strategies. So exciting, isn't it? :D

Phew, just wanted to make sure. Wouldn't be much use with 6 odd kills over a full game of Rush as sniper.
    Can't wait to see these strategies. So exciting, isn't it? :D

Exactly, for example on Valparaiso while defending there is only one MCOM base where being a sniper is handy (if the snipers good havoc can be caused) and at that I'll be suggesting only 2 snipers and just for that section.

Don't suppose everyone in the clan wants to post up their GT and preferred class / vehicle?

Might as well be organised LOL

miju wrote: »
    Exactly, for example on Valparaiso while defending there is only one MCOM base where being a sniper is handy (if the snipers good havoc can be caused) and at that I'll be suggesting only 2 snipers and just for that section.

Don't suppose everyone in the clan wants to post up their GT and preferred class / vehicle?

GT. Cableguy IE
    Class Medic, Engineer , Sniper Any of the 3
    Vehicle Humvee, Boat, ATV,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

if there is a match can someone let me know on xbox live as i'm waiting of a new charger for my laptop and i hope it will come tomorrow but i might not
    and my access is limited to school

dunworth1 wrote: »
    if there is a match can someone let me know on xbox live as i'm waiting of a new charger for my laptop and i hope it will come tomorrow but i might not
    and my access is limited to school

Of Course we will.
    What i will do once it's confirmed will post here and on xbox so people can't say they didn't know

• Advertisement

GT: Spaco05
    Class: Assault, Medic, Engineer, ano of those
    Vehicles: Not a great driver, better support gunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

GT TheMooseInNam

Perferred class: Recon but with an SUV and x4 scope... medium to close range.

Speciality: Sneaky flanking and causing mayhem on their rear echelon! Also, now specializing in kamikaze C4 runs against tanks, generally successful in vapourizing both myself, the tank and everyone else within 10 meters! (you'll know it's about to happen when you hear me screaming "allah akbar")

Also comfortable with any other class or up on mounted weapons but not comfortable driving or flying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

GT.naughtokev

Perferred class: Recon

Speciality:
    handy in the tanks as driver or gunner
    and shooting cableguy
    edit
    +running over cableguy
    +and motor stricking cableguy

naughto wrote: »
    GT.naughtokev

Perferred class: Recon

Speciality:
    handy in the tanks as driver or gunner
    and shooting cableguy

Might I add running over Cableguy and Mortar Striking Cableguy to that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

raze them all engineer or recon, can do an average auv and an ok heli poilot.

OK guys am working on defense strategies for now. wanna see how these go down before working on the more comple attacking ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

garv 123.

recon and medic m60 x4 scope or shotgun sniping( can be lethal ) :D

lget alot of kills in a tank as a 2nd gunner. if the drives is willing to stop for a sec when i shout

and in a clan match no1 will be tag hunting.
    we only really do that when we're bored.

but if theres gold tags raze wont keep the knife away:p

having a medic stickin close to a sniper would be a good thing wudnt it to help restore our spawns whilst attacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Hey guys i'd be up for this...

GT: Epicfool99
    Class: Engineer, Recon
    Vehicle: Tank, APC, Helo
    Speciality: So far it's been providing support or flanking

Still very new so, still building up my classes

Ok Good news

We have our first match on Saturday

Bad News

Cos they are american it will be saturday morning at around 1.00.
    This will be an eight on eight match or six on six if we can only get six.

Now unfortunetly because the Gamebattle website is american based we will be playing most of our matchs at this time

Raze will not be able to make it and i know people go out friday night so they might not make it but thats ok.

Now we have also arranged a return match for sunday morning at the same time ( I really had no say on the time)

This one will be six on six.

So therefore whatever happens if people are available they will play one match.

Now looking at the team they have they are around the same level as us

Will post more info in the morning..

Ok Good news

We have our first match on Saturday

Bad News

Cos they are american it will be saturday morning at around 1.00.
    This will be an eight on eight match or six on six if we can only get six.

Now unfortunetly because the Gamebattle website is american based we will be playing most of our matchs at this time

Raze will not be able to make it and i know people go out friday night so they might not make it but thats ok.

Now we have also arranged a return match for sunday morning at the same time ( I really had no say on the time)

This one will be six on six.

So therefore whatever happens if people are available they will play one match.

Now looking at the team they have they are around the same level as us

Will post more info in the morning..

so thats tonight at 1 o clock really isit?

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    so thats tonight at 1 o clock really isit?

Yes about one hour after friday at midnight

And it will be rush match. Most probably hardcore (seeing as how we will be up late and its early evening in america i will fight to make it hardcore)but because of the time difference i won't be able to find out what map till later

Sorry M1JU

il be up for this :D
    dont think im going out :D
    count me in:D

garv123 wrote: »
    il be up for this :D
    dont think im going out :D
    count me in:D

You have logged onto gamesbattles and accepted the invite garv have you.

You have logged onto gamesbattles and accepted the invite garv have you.

i did but for some reason it didnt save so i just did it again there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

as i said last night i won't be on tonight but will be tomorrow night, let me know how it goes

as i said last night i won't be on tonight but will be tomorrow night, let me know how it goes

If there are no threads posted tomorrow on this thread you know that we were thrased and I will be drowning my sorrows in alcohol (a lot).

But i am expecting us to at least give these guy's a bit of a challange if we don't actually win because we are more comfortable with this than squad rush.(sorry brk3) and we have a good idea on how most of us play.

And we will have plans from our master strategist.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

found this on another site

I can normally take down the average chopper team by myself. All you need is a .50 cal and a bit of cunning.

My tips:
    1. Park the jeep somewhere the chopper will regularly fly past, but ideally place it somewhere that it doesn't stick out. Behind a wall or building or in a ditch etc. is perfect. If you can't get any good cover, then do your best. Sometimes a car is hard to see for other reasons. E.g. on sharqi, parking a hmmv against the wall facing the sea -- the car & wall are similar colours and only the top of the .50 cal peaks over it. It's very hard to see unless you're actively looking for it. Whatever you do, don't sit where the jeep spawns (easy to find) or in the middle of a road. You may as well just commit suicide if you do this (unless it's an opportunistic attack and the chopper is unaware). You must also park it somewhere that it'll give you enough time to take them down. If the chopper can dive down behind a hill or go behind a building, then they will survive and come hunting you (as opposed to die, or fly away so crippled that they **** themselves if someone shoots a pistol at 'em).
    2. This is the important one -- DON'T START SHOOTING THE MOMENT YOU SEE THE CHOPPER. Honest to Christ, this isn't rocket science, but the amount of people that do this is astounding. Let's see.. hmm. Chopper comin' straight at you. .50 cal tracers showing your position. In a straight duel, .50 cal versus chopper cannon = you lose. The chopper gunner only needs a couple of bullets to hit you and you're dead (as you're exposed) whereas you need 4-8 seconds of sustained fire on the chopper. If someone does this to me when I'm in a chopper, the attacker usually manages to take off, at the very best, 25% of our health. Then we simply turn around, repair, and get moving again. Nil points.
    3. Wait for the chopper to fly past a little or, if they see you, they may assume the car is empty because it's not shooting or moving. Either that, or wait for them to engage another target like your chopper or some AA. You be the judge of how oblivious or distracted you think the chopper team is -- you have to balance the likelyhood of them being in harm's way for long enough with the likelyhood that they will spot & attack you too quickly. In most cases the gunner & pilot are not communicating so, if the pilot is flying away and the gunner sees you, chances are he won't kill you anyway. Once you think they are no longer able to quickly find and kill you, light 'em up with the .50 cal. The longer it takes them to find you, orient the chopper towards you and then gun you down, the better your chances of success. This is why hiding is so important. If you stick out like a sore thumb then you'll get killed before you can complete the job.
    4. Shoot the windshield if possible. The canopy does double damage to a helicopter. You can kill a chopper in about 4 seconds tops with this technique. It's not always possible to hit the canopy, but if you can do it (say they're hovering side on or moving slowly -- it's very doable), then do it!
    5. Don't let the gun overheat, whatever you do. If it overheats, they have a bigger chance of getting away (duh!)
    6. If it's a map like sharqi and there's a queue for the chopper, don't bother even moving your hmmv. Just sit in the same place. This may sound like dumb advice, but the chances are high that the next chopper that comes along will have a different pilot and/or gunner due to the amount of ****ty players lining up to get in the chopper. As a result, the new pilot or gunner probably has no idea that you're sitting in position X, so it'll be a complete surprise to them when you inevitably waste them. Even if one of the same guys is in the chopper, the other guy will be oblivious. If you have a really nice position that works well, then it's worth the risk to repeat it a few times at the very least unless A: The standard of player on the enemy team is high or B: The people in the chopper are always the same.
    7. After a few kills, move your jeep, or, if you want to **** with 'em, get out and prone a few car lengths away. If they come along and spray it or try and TV it while hunting for you, they will be all like "YEAH WE GOT THE ****ER, WE GOT VENGEANCE!". And then they will realise it was empty. And they often won't see you. If they don't destroy it (happens quite a bit) then just wait for 'em to pass by, then hop in and light 'em up again, lol. This infuriates chopper whores.
    8. You'll be severely pushing your luck if, even playing against the worst chopper team in the history of BF2, you repeat the same trick more than three times, so move.
    9. If you end up in a head-on fight, you can win against a crap gunner. As the chopper swoops down, concentrate your fire on the canopy. You'll often either severely damage them and die while doing this, but you will at least force them to repair and, if you have other people doing the same thing, someone will likely finish them off. Either that, or get in the car and move it towards the chopper. This often causes a rubbish pilot to overshoot, meaning you can quickly get on the gun and get a good 3 or 4 seconds of fire off.
    10. If the jeep is beaten up after a few scrapes, then blow it up with a hand grenade then fetch another. Depending on how dumb the enemy chopper team is (and what chopper they're using) I will often keep a jeep until it starts smoking.
    11. If your team has a few guys doing this, then augment the strategy by using the AA. People always say "wah wah, AA doesn't work against choppers", but those people are idiots of the highest order, especially when you're playing a map with a high density of AA. Sharqi, for instance, has AA that can cover just about every flag. You can lock choppers at the tv station from surveillance and hotel -- low risk for you (unless the guy working the tv is good, but you shouldn't hang around long enough to get TVed anyway), irritating for them.

As a chopper whore, I absolutely HATE getting locked by AA. In my experience, a good AA lock results in a hit 50% of the time. Basic statistics & probability -> chances of two hits = .5 * .5 = .25. There's a 25% chance you'll get nailed by 2 AA missiles in a row. Now, AA by itself is a big deterrent, but locking a chopper when it is pre-occupied (fighting another chopper, dealing with a .50 cal etc.) is an absolute pain in the balls. For starters, you have a lock tone blaring which is off-putting and adds pressure to get whatever you're doing just right (e.g. hit the chopper you're duelling first time so you can disengage and hide) and you often don't know what's locking you, whether it's a jet, mobile AA or static AA. Once you figure out it's static AA you have to either turn to it and kill it or get the hell out of the way. In short, being locked while pre-occupied is one of the biggest threats to a chopper team, especially if they make a mistake or have to spend two or three rounds of being in the line of fire. Use the AA. Just don't sit in it constantly . Use it when it suits you and your team. Use it when the chopper is pre-engaged and vulnerable.

A lot of these tactics work 100% of the time against unskilled chopper teams but, take it from me, the vast majority of chopper teams out there fall into this bracket. I rarely see any chopper going past 40 kills, even when playing maps like sharqi. You can afford to take liberties and risks against these guys -- pile on the misery. Just be prepared to change your tactics if you come up against a great chopper team. Change your position and strategy a lot more and use the AA, too. It helps a lot to have a few guys harassing a chopper if the chopper is tough to handle.

I've said this a million times but, even if you can't always single-handedly beat a good chopper team, you can often severely limit their scoring opportunities. I know when I'm in the chopper, if there's a handful of guys on the ground that are using the AA, ambushing with .50 cals or trying to shoot us with AT rockets, it totally changes the way I fly or gun and saves the enemy team a ****load of tickets in kills & bleed.

http://battletracker.com/forum/battlefield2-forums/battlefield-2-tactic-forum/32080-dealing-with-choppers-from-the-ground/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I should be ok for 0100 1/5/10 (that's tonight) but I'll just confirm that later on this evening. Plus, I'll try and stay off the booze for the evening too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i will be on tonight.

dont think i will be on sunday night tough

• Advertisement

I should be about for a bit, hopefully. Can't make Sunday though. Will be drunk off my ass......

Advertisement