Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

battlefield BC2 league /Tournament xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

naughto wrote: »
    found this on another site

Those tips are for BF2 and while there are a few good ones, others don't apply e.g. no Sharqui map on BF:BC2, not too many HMMWV's either, and the AA doesn't lock on. Not sure if it's worth trying to aim for the canopy (unless you can snipe the pilot). Holding your fire until the chopper is close enough to be guaranteed a hit is decent advice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

ok just back and there was a message from our opp for tonight

They haven't played hardcore before so won't play tonight but will let us pick which map we play

Any suggest post here and on the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

will we play them on normal mode then??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

ok just back and there was a message from our opp for tonight

They haven't played hardcore before so won't play tonight but will let us pick which map we play

Any suggest post here and on the xbox.

Am just offline now for a while, will be back on in an hour and am defo not going to miss this challenge match.

See you's at 1am

ill be on again aswell.

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, lost my connection at 0:59am so couldnt play in that challenge match. Am still really pissed off about it. This always happens me. Everytime I make arrangments to do something online, like last night, or paying 200 bucks into a poker tournament, the connection goes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

We had a bit of trouble just trying to connect to their game last night but the yanks had all the advantages (9pm start, picked map, probably all in the same freaking room!!) but was an experience.
    They seemed very, very well organised cause they seemed to push through us when we were defending but them is the breaks.
    Thanks again cableguy for organising it, first of many i hope but it gives us an idea of what we need to do....
    P

PauloConn wrote: »
    We had a bit of trouble just trying to connect to their game last night but the yanks had all the advantages (9pm start, picked map, probably all in the same freaking room!!) but was an experience.
    They seemed very, very well organised cause they seemed to push through us when we were defending but them is the breaks.
    Thanks again cableguy for organising it, first of many i hope but it gives us an idea of what we need to do....
    P

Actually our team picked the map.
    I have sent a message to them about the time but we asked for the match not them.
    They praticed the map beforehand while we didn't.
    If we want to play them tonight it will probably be at the same time.
    Also we had some horrors of war moments when we didn't know what was going on
    Also we didn't talk enough or was stupid talk ( why is he not dead)
    And I am guilty of this as well.
    All in all we are lucky it was a practice match.

Let me know if we still want to go ahead with the match tonight

I'll be on tonight if my connection isnt acting up again.

there where very well organised the way they went about the game.ill have to take a lot of the blame i was vr poor in the too games just could not get going dont no why to be honest.
    i think that the fact that it was normal mode and not hardcore was a big difference in hardcore its one shot one kill in normal mode its 3 shots and "why the **** is ent he dead" kind of thing.i would say that they play normal mode all the time cos they could read the map a hell of a lot better that we could.
    we prob should have being pratice the map before hand no doubt they did instead of killing each other but still it was good craic
    any ways thanks for setting up the the game cableguy i doube iill be on to night going on the beer later

naughto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

we didnt do so bad defending lastnight really.
    but anyway we know for the future that one thing is definate.
    CABLEGUY IS NOT ALOWED FLY CHOPPERS:p:p
    he managed to blow up the apache before we took off ;)

i noticed a few times from the uav that they used the tank to attack. any base that could me destroyed by the tank, they did so. they got the tank into a corner where we cudnt get near because they surrounded it with medics and engineers and just stayed popping shots off into the mcom till it collapsed. every rpg we hit the tank with was cancelled out by about 3 engineers in a matter of seconds. if we could of hit a mortor strike in there someone would of got a x6 kill.
    And also they wer VERY good with grenades

oh nd royal the yanks didnt get their act together till 2.15 last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'll be on tonight if my connection isnt acting up again.

Royal, can you take my spot on the team. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make tonight. Best of luck guys. Perhaps an evening of seriously trying to stick together in tight formations might perpare the team for tonight's match.

That's the key to their success, last night. They were always advancing. We never got their entire squad eliminated so they could always respawn back at the front with a team mate.

Their tactic with the tanks was brilliant.

Without making excuses... but I was severly hampered by lag time. Playing against american teams on their severs isn't the way forward. We need to play against Irish, UK and other European teams.

Is it possible for us to arrange a private match with just boards members? Would we have enough to make up 8 a side? Perhaps tomorrow morning around 10/11am till lunchtime or Monday eveing?

Cableguy, is there a European leaderboard?

Garv I warned you i couldn't fly.
    It's an american site and there does not seem to be a european leaderboard. So have to go by team by team and there are a lot of teams :(:(I have asked to play a team from Ireland/England and just waiting on info back.
    Sunday or Monday evening would be better for the game cos there are a couple of important matches on Sunday.Will keep looking for a european team. Once we decide which day we can post on the irl clan thread and ask people to step up

garv123 wrote: »
    we didnt do so bad defending lastnight really.
    but anyway we know for the future that one thing is definate.
    CABLEGUY IS NOT ALOWED FLY CHOPPERS:p:p
    he managed to blow up the apache before we took off ;)

Yes but it looked good from inside the chopper

I was thinking about methods we should practice, over a cup of coffee...

We didn't work as a coherent unit, at all. As soon as we spawned, we all just charged at them without having a larger or smaller game plan. We were reacting to them as opposed to taking control.

At the moment, there's no point in us trying to have huge tactics because we haven't mastered the basics.

Each squad requires a leader who determines exactly what the objective of the squad is. It doesn't matter who the squad leader is, it's just important that he provides a objective, a route for the squad to follow or defend and everyone sticks to him like glue! No running off and no lone wolf stuff.

If a squad member dies, the squad must hold a defensive position until regrouped or revived. Advancing with limited numbers will only result in the squad getting taken out and having to start from the beginning again.

The squad should only engage targets that they can overcome. Alternatively, it's up to the squad leader to issue a command like one/two members draw fire while the rest flank. Everything must be calculated. Eventually, once the squad has done this enough times successfully, it'll become second nature.

When crossing open areas, the squad should hold back and allow only one member to dash across. Once safely across and in a defensive position, then the rest of the squad should follow at 15m intervals. This should allow enough space between players that a single shooter can't target everyone without the squad reacting.

There's plenty more but that's enough to be practicing at the moment. What do you think?

Great post Moose. I agree with having a squad leader on each squad, and the squad leaders should communicate with each other on a general game plan.

I think the best thing would be hold a line on the map with the squad. Have squads blocking off routes, with a medic behind each squad, to either revive or respawn off to keep the squad in the area stopping enemies getting through the line.

Am going online now shortly if anyone is about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Sorry lads, lost my connection at 0:59am so couldnt play in that challenge match. Am still really pissed off about it. This always happens me. Everytime I make arrangments to do something online, like last night, or paying 200 bucks into a poker tournament, the connection goes. :mad:

kept getting kicked from the EA servers and connection dropping, didnt manage to get back online till 2.30am when I got a message from Dunworth saying "ya missed the match"

like durrrr LOL :p:p:p:p:p:p

I'll hopefully be on for tonights game NTL / EA Servers permitting. Do we pick tonights map too Cableguy or have they? Normal mode sucks TBH if I ever join a boardsie game from my friends list and they are in normal mode I pop out just as quick

Agree with everything you say Moose.
    I nominatee my self as a soldier will to do the job of my commanding officer and not a squad leader

miju wrote: »
    I'll hopefully be on for tonights game NTL / EA Servers permitting. Do we pick tonights map too Cableguy or have they?

They are not online yet and haven't been to gamesbattle site yet but because it has to be soft mode we would pick the map.

Myself and moose lost the connection to the EA server and i find if you start a quick match enter that match and then quit you can rejoin the group.

They are not online yet and haven't been to gamesbattle site yet but because it has to be soft mode we would pick the map.

Myself and moose lost the connection to the EA server and i find if you start a quick match enter that match and then quit you can rejoin the group.

yh il be on too. what way is the team picked? isit whoever posts here sayin theyl be on or what way does it go?

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    yh il be on too. what way is the team picked? isit whoever posts here sayin theyl be on or what way does it go?

Yeah, that's pretty much it... the first to say they are up for it. If we get too many, then it'll be down to who's played least/most and so on. It's quite fairly done. The team doesn't function well enough yet to be able to tell who are the best combinations but I'm sure that'll change in time. Now, it's all about getting some tournie experience.

Ok The americans will play us tonight but they want to make it an offical match. So that means it's on record.So if we lose it's taken into account
    Do we go ahead with it now or what I will let the team pick.

Ok The americans will play us tonight but they want to make it an offical match. So that means it's on record.So if we lose it's taken into account
    Do we go ahead with it now or what I will let the team pick.
    F*** it we might aswel go for it. its the only way we can learn.
    and hope of hardcore for it if they get to pick the map this time?
    if not we better pracitce softcore when we're on so we can b used to it.
    but yea count me in for the match:D

Great post Moose. I agree with having a squad leader on each squad, and the squad leaders should communicate with each other on a general game plan.

I think the best thing would be hold a line on the map with the squad. Have squads blocking off routes, with a medic behind each squad, to either revive or respawn off to keep the squad in the area stopping enemies getting through the line.

Am going online now shortly if anyone is about

Good idea on the medic staying slightly back. Would work great if he could avoid the temptation to push forward. He'll have to be very disciplined.

Thats my previous real life military experience showing. It doesnt mean a thing online though :mad:

Cableguy I say go for the official match. Hopefully my connection will be working tonight. Even I didnt play last night, and I want revenge.

we still need more bodies for tonight.

So far Garv and Royal are all that have confirmed. I will play but we need 3 more or we wont be able to play
    Going xboxing now will check back at 9.30 for update and will see then what happens.

just about to put up the challange on gamebattle for 12 the team is

Garv
    Royal irish
    Dunworth
    M1ju
    Raze
    Cableguy

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Cheers for the team invite Moose. Hopefully I can be of some assistance.

Gamertag- cycocyle (yes there is a "c" missing. Yes, Im a dumbass)

Specialities
    1.Avoiding Razes knife
    2.Tripping enemies with my corpse
    3.Decoy

Preferences in order
    recon
    medic
    assault
    engineer

cycocycle wrote: »
    Cheers for the team invite Moose. Hopefully I can be of some assistance.

Gamertag- cycocyle (yes there is a "c" missing. Yes, Im a dumbass)

Specialities
    1.Avoiding Razes knife
    2.Tripping enemies with my corpse
    3.Decoy

Preferences in order
    recon
    medic
    assault
    engineer

4. improving ememies K/D ratio
    5. crashing choppers
    6. friendly fire

• Advertisement

Any news on what map we're fighting on Cableguy ?

Advertisement