Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

battlefield BC2 league /Tournament xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

guys i posted a match on the match-finder on gamebattles last night
    for Saturday at 10.30pm

and to my surprise it was accepted today.

we have a match on Saturday at 10.30pm

it is hardcore

it is ranked

the team we are playing are Shock and awe
    they have played three and won three.

its 8v8 so i need seven more members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

*looks at moose,cable,Irish,Garv,Miju*

I think he's talking to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Sign me up Dunworth.

ok guys so far its

Me
    Royal irish

also the match is best of three games
    the maps are

Game 1 Map: Arica Harbor
    Game 2 Map: Isla Inocentes
    Game 3 Map: Port Valdez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

At least's it's hardcore.
    Think we need to practice as a team the 12 of us

• Advertisement

I will be online in about 1 hour. We should try and get abit of practice in tonight or tomorrow night.

can i count you in CABLEGUY

i wont be on till about 11pm tonight
    tonight is chipper night and lost is on :)

dunworth1 wrote: »
    can i count you in CABLEGUY

i wont be on till about 11pm tonight
    tonight is chipper night and lost is on :)

If I am needed yes but i want to give everybody a chance some people haven't played a real match yet.

Lost is good this week

ok guys so far its

Me
    Royal irish

also the match is best of three games
    the maps are

Oh god the sniper in me just got extremely happy as did the engineer. I'll be in.

I think if we can get moose,cable,Irish,Garv,Miju and myself on for this we'd have a very good chance as we play very regularly together and have a good understanding of each others playing style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I think my gf is going to some going away party for a friend of a friend. At the moment, I'm up for playing... but if she changes her plans and decides not to go then I'll probably have to pull out.

As of right now, I'm up for it.

Not sure if I'll be on later tonight, I might get an hour in around midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

[QUOT
    E=Raze_them_all;65760009]Oh god the sniper in me just got extremely happy as did the engineer. I'll be in.

I think if we can get moose,cable,Irish,Garv,Miju and myself on for this we'd have a very good chance as we play very regularly together and have a good understanding of each others playing style[/QUOTE]

cant play it lads. cyco's xbox and he'l b playin. il be here watchin ye supporting all the way:D
    so count down cyco for it and if he cant play il b here anyway of 1 of us will be on.
    must get my own xbox sooooon.
    cycos old one wen he decides to get a new 1:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Oh god the sniper in me just got extremely happy as did the engineer. I'll be in.

I think if we can get moose,cable,Irish,Garv,Miju and myself on for this we'd have a very good chance as we play very regularly together and have a good understanding of each others playing style

ahem what about me

naughto wrote: »
    ahem what about me

you in so kev

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

suppose I may as well enlist in the mayhem so :)

naughto wrote: »
    ahem what about me

wasn meant to offend dude, was naming them because when we play rush daily 9 times outta ten a squad will be made of that combination

We have a request on gamebattle to play on monday against a team called NWA.
    I think we should see what happens on saturday before we deciede what to do.

so far its

Me
    Royal irish
    raze them all
    M1ju

four more needed

sorry moose can add you unless you can be sure you will be there

so far its

Me
    Royal irish
    raze them all
    M1ju

four more needed

sorry moose can add you unless you can be sure you will be there

Ok, just got my gf to confirm that she'll be heading out so you can count me in... whhooo ahhhhh

Ok, just got my gf to confirm that she'll be heading out so you can count me in... whhooo ahhhhh
    Bahahaha can you imagine it? ↲Moose: ah babe go on you haven had a girls night out in ages, you deserve one.↲probably scored a ton of brownie points

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Picked up an elite today:)

You can count me in. I assume garv wants in as well as he now has a (very reasonbly priced:D) xbox of his own.

BTW got a refurbished elite for e200 in gamestop. All new leads headset pad etc. Full warranty as well. Same price as a dusty second hand one.

• Advertisement

Bahahaha can you imagine it? ↲Moose: ah babe go on you haven had a girls night out in ages, you deserve one.↲probably scored a ton of brownie points

that's pretty much how it went down :D

Dunworth
    Royal
    Raze
    M1ju
    Moose
    Garv
    Cycocylce
    Kev (maybe hasn't confirmed

Wow strong team. Your Overlord is expecting nothing less than a thrashing of these upstarts.
    Word of warning
    Don't let Garv Fly a Chopper he is almost as bad as me.
    And With Kev and Royal playing i couldn't join that team they would team kill me so much.

Seriously good luck. I will be with you in spirit(alcoholic)

That is a fairly strong team. Who out of all 8 use mics. Very important using mics for a gamebattle challenge.

You's probably know how I stand with regards to tactics already.

When attacking 2 squads together moving in a pack, with a good mixture of assault, medic and engineer. Recon when needed. Staying close beside eachother, with the medic hanging in the rear reviving people as they fall. Very important to get revives for them tickets when attacking. I cant stress enough the use of smoke when attacking. Even firing smoke from long range to another area on the map to cause confusion, cause this is a gamebattle and these guys are going to be in party mode talking. Them seeing smoke on one side of their base will draw their attention to it, while we rush in another side. Another good one is when we do breach the enemies base, is to have a medic hide there to spawn off so we can keep the pressure on.

While defending, I really think the best way is to pick one comm station and have a squad of 4 camping on it in good positions while the other squad of 4 picks out good positions towards their spawn point, to cut them down as they move towards our base.

If we have lone rangers going off doing their own thing, we wont win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Dunworth
    Royal
    Raze
    M1ju
    Moose
    Garv
    Cycocylce
    Kev (maybe hasn't confirmed

Wow strong team. Your Overlord is expecting nothing less than a thrashing of these upstarts.
    Word of warning
    Don't let Garv Fly a Chopper he is almost as bad as me.
    And With Kev and Royal playing i couldn't join that team they would team kill me so much.

Seriously good luck. I will be with you in spirit(alcoholic)

hey now i was distracted wasnt my fault :D im not great pilot but im not so bad on the 2nd gun on the apache.
    we should make our own squads too. people who are used to been on the same squad and such.

il also be trying to kick ass on a tv 6 times smaller than the tele im used too so dont blame me if im walking past the enemy unable to see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

ill be up for the game sat night iam broke after all the drinking last weekend.will be on around 10 to night

If we have lone rangers going off doing their own thing, we wont win.

I completely agree with Royal. The squads MUST stick together like glue.

The medic has to remain behind the front line.

Now we also need to start practicing that method too!

I reckon we start practicing asap and tomorrow evening around 8 or so too.

il also be trying to kick ass on a tv 6 times smaller than the tele im used too so dont blame me if im walking past the enemy unable to see them[/QUOTE]

Great ok I nominated not to have garv as a sniper tomorrow.

Of the maps we are playing we should have some plans laided out on this forum before tomorrow night.

First map in Arica Harbor there is a kind of bottle neck leading into the base, and that will be our best bet to hold of an attack in its early stages. But what is most important is to get out of the blocks quickly and get our tanks in position, which V-Optics selected so we can hit them early coming up the long road towards are base. Also litter the entrance and surrounding area with anti tank mines. If we do end up on the back foot during that stage of the game, planting some anti tank mines at the exit of the base heading town into the down is a good move to get a few kills and slow down an attack.

In the next stage in the town, I believe the best way to defend is to choose one comm station and stick to it like a fly to a turd. My choice would be the one in the garage. Have a couple of medics inside, reviving as the go, with another squad across the street picking guys off as they come into line of sight in the main road through the town.

Am not going to go into the rest of that map as if we follow that plan it shouldnt go that far.

Defending on Isla Inocentes in my opinion is best done with 2 good snipers watching the hill towards the enemies spawn with the rest of the team camping on the comm station on the right hand side of our base. From there you will have a decent view of the other comm station aswell.

Same as in Arica Harbor, we should use the natural bottle neck in the map to stop the enemy attack. Laying anti tank mines is also good in this map.

It is key on all these maps, to hold a line towards the enemies spawn. Holding a line on this map would be a squad of guys on the left hand side road taking out anything coming down that road, 3 on the hill that is usually plagued with wookies (snipers) and 1 on the long road on the right hand side, with 1 of the 3 guys on the hill on call to help out if needed.

Also on Port Valdez the very first attack is very important. You have to watch for the quads coming down at speed and push them right back up the map so we can get in place to hold a line.

Question am I taking this too seriously? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Fin321
    hardcore
    rush

ill try my best to be on in the night,first week of exams over,2 more weeks to go:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Agree about the tactics. While defending its pontless everyone attempting to rush the attakers spawn. If one of them flanks us(which is probable with everyone gone from the base) they automatically have a spawn behind ours.
    I would agree about sticking together as a squad but not too close as a good sniper/grenade/mortar strike will wipe out the squad in one go. Also keep an eye on the kill feed. If you are the last squad member left alive sit tight until everyone has respawned.
    The most important thing is communication once we keep talking we will be grand.
    I'll be on again later (after the Dog Whisperer:rolleyes:) for some practise.

Advertisement