Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3.5mm to phono cable

• 07-04-2010 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a short one of these ?
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=31700

I only need one that's a couple of inches long but the shortest I've seen so far is 1m, I only need it to connect an iPod/Mp3 player to the female phono sockets in the car so the shorter the better, a couple of inches would be ideal.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

1.0m is the shortest length you will probably come across off the shelf i'd say.
    Unless you are handy with a soldering iron? In which case just buy the connectors and some screened cable from either maplins or peats and make the lead whatever length you like!

One of these

752563LARGE.jpg

and two of these (doesn't make any difference what colour really)

705033.jpg

and a short length of screened cable

twin_scrn.jpg

actually be cheaper to make your own too and very easy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Cheers Homer, was never great with the soldering iron, never had the patience with it, probably one of the reasons in abandoning Electronic Engineering in college at one stage.

I ended up picking up a cheapo 1.2 metre one yesterday, the wires aren't too thick so I can leave it wrapped up as it came in the box so it doesn't take up too much room. The 1 metre they had would took up more space as it was of better quality.

Advertisement