Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone for Gmail/Contacts on Meteor

Options
  • 07-04-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I have just tried the HTC legend and have to admit it is one seriously good phone - the Android OS is fantastic for Gmail/Contacts/Google Talk integration.

Sadly :( I seem to be having the 2G/3G issue on Meteor also-not 100% sure it is happening but have to have the phone back by Friday so I can exchange no questions asked. So does anyone have recommendations for an equally good phone. It does not have to be touch screen, but I do a lot of browsing so a nice sized screen would be good. The main consideration is good Gmail/Contacts/Talk integration. Built in GPS would be desirable too and a reasonably good battery. Anything else is a bonus.

Any advice is greatly accepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The N97 mini doesn't have the 2G/3G problem and it works relatively well with google mail through it's mail app.

Symbian OS does suck for touch screen phones though, it's not unusuably bad but it's definitley not to everyone's tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Thanks Partymygaff for you reply, I am coming from an N95 8GB (Super phone too btw) but having read the n97 thread here I am not filled with confidence but I will keep it in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I have a Nokia N95 8GB and upgraded to the N97 mini a week or two ago on meteor but I returned it after two days. It wasn't a bad phone by any means but it felt like I was just using an N95 with a touchscreen instead of a new phone. It also felt a bit slow.

So now i'm just waiting for them to release the HTC Desire (Which will more than likely have the 2G/3G problem but since I hardly ever if at all use mobile data I won't mind too much.

Advertisement