Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camo/Realtree DIY sprayjob

Options
  • 07-04-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭

Has anybody spraid there rifle stock?
    I bought a raised cheek-piece which requires the stock to be drilled. Also there is a small ding on the stock which I plan to fill.

I would like to spraypaint it green with maybe a nice camo pattern or something like realtree

Anybody done it?
    Did you get paint from US/UK or can one get in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Hello Tackleberrywho,
    This may be of help to you.

http://dougva.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Savage&action=display&thread=9692

Dvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I spoke to Fergal in Athlone late last year and he said he was getting set up to do duro coating for this year....Give him a buzz....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Here is a good diy kit you can get from the UK..
    http://www.jagersportingarms.co.uk/diy.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Spoke to Fergal W. about this on Friday - He will be setting up for coating and painting, but hasn't done it yet. Apparently, it won't be the duracoat though - I think he has some better product in mind.
    duro coating

But as dwighet says, give him a buzz and he'll let you know when he's going to start doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dCorbus wrote: »
    Spoke to Fergal W. about this on Friday - He will be setting up for coating and painting, but hasn't done it yet. Apparently, it won't be the duracoat though - I think he has some better product in mind.

But as dwighet says, give him a buzz and he'll let you know when he's going to start doing it.

I know the boy Fergal, i never new his surname!
    I will give him a shout when I am home Sunday.
    I hope to have this Remmy Customised to suit my awkwardness and taste.

I was half thinking of doing the camo myself, lots of videos on youtube, however I do not want the paint to come off like when a mate of mine tried to paint a motorbike with tractor paint and it came off in sheets :D

Love to see anybody on here who did it to there rifle or shotgun;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Lots of scrapped rifles in dealers everywhere, pick up one of these and then you have something to practice on. Rub down, fill, rub down again, mask, prime, paint - dont like it? rub down and start again! Without destroying your pride and joy.

http://www.mikericklefs.com/howto/htpaint1.html

hope this link helps.

Fish

Lots of scrapped rifles in dealers everywhere, pick up one of these and then you have something to practice on. Rub down, fill, rub down again, mask, prime, paint - dont like it? rub down and start again! Without destroying your pride and joy.

http://www.mikericklefs.com/howto/htpaint1.html

hope this link helps.

Fish

I'm getting a spare stock so the spare will be for if things go Tits up :D

I don't per say want a shiney look, I'm more into the Tactical drab look.
    I reckon that shiney could get scraped easier and look sh!t.

Hopefully I will end up with a nice woodland cammo, although grassland may be more apt for my Bunny Buster.

I'm between two minds on the barrel though. Would I de Value my Remmy??

I hace experienced selling one off paint jobs before on motorbikes, some like some hate etc so can be hard to sell.

Has anybody on here painted there own stock yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

A lot of the airsoft guys spray their rifles and Defenderdude on boards.ie works professionally with paint and a great source of info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

• Advertisement

I know the boy Fergal, i never new his surname!
    I will give him a shout when I am home Sunday.
    I hope to have this Remmy Customised to suit my awkwardness and taste.

I was half thinking of doing the camo myself, lots of videos on youtube, however I do not want the paint to come off like when a mate of mine tried to paint a motorbike with tractor paint and it came off in sheets :D

Love to see anybody on here who did it to there rifle or shotgun;)

I was down with Fergal. He installed my Karsten Cheek Piece.
    I never knew what it was like to have a comfortable rifle until now!

I'm going to get him to re-crown my barrell, research leads me to believe I can get a fraction better out of my Remmy Varminter!

Advertisement