Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent help please with Fuel Data - all electric

• 07-04-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am having an issue with a house from the late 1960's.

It has new windows and insulation, and is actually quite efficient in all respects other then fuel used.

It is a small 2 storey mid terrace, and so exposed walls areas are quite small.

The heating system is slimline electric storage heating.

The water heating is immersion only.

The fuel data is killing the rating - a G in fact.

I have entered the "Supplementary Heating Used in Summer" as "No", as the main heating system does not heat the water.

Under "Energy Requirements", the water heating fuel is electricity, with 100% efficiency, and adjustment factor of 1.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
    P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

Had a similar that was E1. Look at secondary space heating, light bulbs, and cylinder insulation for possible oversight.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A 1960s dwelling served by electricity for space and water heating....

I would expect a G rating.

Ive had 1990's apartments with one heat loss wall come in in the E's!!

You get crucified by the energy conversion factor of 2.7

How have you inputed the non default values for insulation and windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I've had relatively new apartments come out with a G rating aswell due to electric heating. What energy usage are you getting ?(kwh/m2/yr)

Also watch that the efficiencies of the heating systems under 'Energy Requirements' are inputted as percentages rather than fractions. That's caught me out before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

sydthebeat wrote: »
    A 1960s dwelling served by electricity for space and water heating....

I would expect a G rating.

Ive had 1990's apartments with one heat loss wall come in in the E's!!

You get crucified by the energy conversion factor of 2.7

How have you inputed the non default values for insulation and windows?

I, too, was not expecting at first anything other than a G rating, until I visited the premises and saw the amount of insulation and the upgraded windows.

If the central heating system was a modern gas unit, a D rating would be easily achievable.

The electricity heating and water system sure is a ratings killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

If electric houses are so bad, it seems odd that they are encouraging a changeover to electric cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement