Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Prem Player caught out

• 07-04-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭

I've just heard from a very good friend in the business that another TOP Premier League/England star has been cuaght playing away and is now living in a hotel.
    This story will be breaking in tomorrows papers, am i allowed to name him here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've just heard from a very good friend in the business that another TOP Premier League/England star has been cuaght playing away and is now living in a hotel.

Does anyone really care ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not till tomorrow i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

gerrard I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

come on Peter Crouch...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Jeffers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

John Terry?

Headshot wrote: »
    gerrard I reckon

I would doubt it has been him caught playing away. Though i have heard rumours of him living in a hotel at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

You can name him cause its just gossip surely?

Its not Crouchie the man is awesome wouldn't harm a fly... only robots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

SlickRic wrote: »
    come on Peter Crouch...

That would be pretty solid evidence alright :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Iain Dowie?

Essien wrote: »
    That would be pretty solid evidence alright :pac:

if spelled differently.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

if spelled differently.:pac:

Pronounced the same FFS, it'll do! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Good old Stevie-G has been a naughty boy...apparently :rolleyes:

Well if its Gerrard that is crazy old news. He has been in a hotel all season as far as I know, his wife is a psycho.

Good old Stevie-G has been a naughty boy...apparently :rolleyes:

would explain the poor performances this season

the rumour I heard was that the wife's ex-affair-guy was back on the scene and that is why Gerrard had moved out, as opposed to Gerrard being the one in the wrong. That kind of crap going on in your personal life would also explain his performances this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He can come live with me :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

the rumour I heard was that the wife's ex-affair-guy was back on the scene and that is why Gerrard had moved out, as opposed to Gerrard being the one in the wrong. That kind of crap going on in your personal life would also explain his performances this season.
    When did Gerrards wife have an affair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Gerrard, would explain why he has been so ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Would make sense if it was Gerrard, his wife's a scrote.

When did Gerrards wife have an affair?

a couple of years back, apparently, before they got married. With a drug dealer that was later spoken to by a friend of the Gerrard family and then left (the family friend was vouched for by Gerrard or his dad in a court case following it I believe)

Could all be lies, heard it a lot in different placed a while back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Tut tut, bold boy.:P
    Could ya blame him though with yer wan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

a couple of years back, apparently, before they got married. With a drug dealer that was later spoken to by a friend of the Gerrard family and then left (the family friend was vouched for by Gerrard or his dad in a court case following it I believe)

Yeah I used to work with a guy from Liverpool who was close to somebody who knew them. Had all sorts of stories about what she was up to before Stevie G came on the scene.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers, I thought the guy threatened to break Gerrards legs, but didnt remember anything about an affair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
    His wife is a ****ing Tart,
    She even scored Frank Lampard,
    Steve Gerrard Gerrard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can't believe he's getting a reason for being so sh1t this season. There are no reasons other than he couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

+ 1

Take it to the celebrity and showbiz forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Does anyone think that the recent spate of "high profile" stories about footballers and their "love" life are a very concerted attempt by the media to get more wimin "interested" in the "sport" and hence sell more papers?
    I reckon the cheating and scurrelous behaviour has almost always gone on in certain quarters but the media and others are highlighting it more in the past couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

nah. i reckon its cos its a world cup year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

kippy wrote: »
    Does anyone think that the recent spate of "high profile" stories about footballers and their "love" life are a very concerted attempt by the media to get more wimin "interested" in the "sport" and hence sell more papers?
    I reckon the cheating and scurrelous behaviour has almost always gone on in certain quarters but the media and others are highlighting it more in the past couple of years.

lol. I love that. Have a look at the threads on Terry, on this forum, which is mostly populated by men, and see how much interest there is. No no, its the women who are the cause of the papers printing these stories, not the men.

PHB wrote: »
    lol. I love that. Have a look at the threads on Terry, on this forum, which is mostly populated by men, and see how much interest there is. No no, its the women who are the cause of the papers printing these stories, not the men.

I do think you draw women into "following" the sport in some manner or at least buying media once its not actually about the football. The men are already consumers but the affairs angle gains more "spectators".
    The women arent the cause of the papers writing these stories but the media are defo trying to make "football" appeal to a larger audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Footballers should be gay, less of this sort of thing might happen. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

mike65 wrote: »

There are plenty of gay footballers.

*narrows eyes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Luke Chadwick needs to cop on.

• Advertisement

This is gonna turn into a what footballer is gay thread but...

Wasn't Marc Overmars a flaming homosexual? Don't know where I readit and watched the video but he is the one that always pops into my head.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

mike65 wrote: »
    ....or more

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"What's that cummin over your bird?
    Is it a gangster? Is it a gangsterrrr?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

kippy wrote: »

Interesting theory, but why limit it to women? Maybe they're on a mission to get more people interested in football related stories and sell more papers.

Anyone who claims men aren't also into a bit of gossip needs to forfeit their vote.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Interesting theory, but why limit it to women? Maybe they're on a mission to get more people interested in football related stories and sell more papers.

Anyone who claims men aren't also into a bit of gossip needs to forfeit their vote.
    Fair enough, not just women but a bigger audience in general, however I suspect they are targeting women based on the type of people involved and the stories involved.
    One only has to look at the high profile attributed to Ashley Coles wife, the added "bonus" of Terry with an ex-teammates gf to realise that these are getting more and more high profile. I doubt should the women/men (ie the cheatee)involved be your normal women/men on the street there wouldnt be near as much hooha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Wheres the story in the papers today then :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So when is the story suppose to be out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Your friend is full of lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

his friend is imaginary, these rumours about Gerrard have been on the go for ages on nearly every forum online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Lock stock and stevie g

Apparently Stevie G is in court right now trying to get an injunctioon against the press.

Also the words "16yr old" and "Pregnant" are bein thrown about. :eek::eek:

Apparently Stevie G is in court right now trying to get an injunctioon against the press.

scudzilla your a bit dodgy with this stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Was it Gerrard admitting that pool's star striker has the knees of a 16-year-old girl, and Gerrard himself has all the grace of a pregnant moose this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

While I'd piss myself laughing if it was true, I sincerely doubt it is. The gutter press will do anything for a splashy flashy headline involving a professional footballer.

Headshot wrote: »
    scudzilla your a bit dodgy with this stuff

Not at all, i was the original OP 3 weeks ago, also named Steve G a few posts later, only thing i got wrong was how long it would take for the story to break

• Advertisement
Advertisement