Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i use a zyxel p 660 modem router as a wifi adaptor for xbox 360?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

as in the title, can i make a zyxel p660 work in reverse, as a wifi adaptor for my 360? save me forking out for the overpriced m$ one. it the model vodafone used to supply if thats any help.

p6968874n1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

In my workplace, we have a 660. Looking at the tabs under wireless lan, there is WDS tab (fancy name for bridge) Description is as follows:

An AP using the Wireless Distribution System (WDS) can function as a wireless network bridge allowing you to wirelessly connect two wired network segments. The WDS screen allows you to configure the ZyXEL Device to connect to two or more APs wirelessly when WDS is enabled.

Use this screen to set up your WDS (Wireless Distribution System) links between the ZyXEL Device and other wireless APs. You need to know the MAC address of the peer device. Once the security settings of peer sides match one another, the connection between devices is made.

By the sounds of it, the zyxel acts as a "wireless card" and spits out bandwidth on the LAN ports. So it "could" work. Worth a shot anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

strange theres no wds tab option for me. seems i have the latest firmware too.

Advertisement