Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please choosing a network

Options
  • 07-04-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice about which network to choose and have a few questions.
    I have a nexus one and use it on 3 billpay with a data add-on. I'm shortly coming to end of my contract. I find sometimes that when I'm out and about I don't have any 3g service.
    Would I be correct in saying that 3 only has a 3g network and so roams to vodafone when no 3g service meaning only basic gsm (gprs?) and so no data available.
    Would a network which has edge and 3g be a better option for these data heavy devices or can edge be problematic or is edge coverage patchy?
    Do meteor and o2 have both edge and 3g and if so which of these providers has the more reliable service?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

3G hutchison only has a 3g licence, so yes roams on vodafone's gsm network when needed.

I dont know of problems with EDGE, and yes both o2 and meteor have it aswell as 3G. Your best of checking out their coverage maps against where your living. O2 has probably more coverage but only slight. Ask people locally aswell on what the coverage is like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Meteor and O2 have fairly similar coverage but Meteor imo is much faster and can be cheaper.

Advertisement