Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to,but i dont

Options
  • 07-04-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Over the last two years iv become more and more interested in ghosts and spirits.Im a big fan of programmes like ghosthunters and ghost adventures but at the same time i dont really belive anythin they show,why sud someone just that the word of these shows as the truth.Alot of the stuff is easily faked.I want to belive so much but i never will until i have an experience myself,So iv decided to go and look for one and thats were u come in.how do i go about this.is there groups around that bring u on there investigations or how do you go about this.im based in meath so looking around the dublin meath louth areas.cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

There a few groups that hold open investigations which you can go along on if there are spaces. Some location will charge a fee per person which is the location charging not the group themselves. Bumpz in the nite do public investigations the odd time and the PIGs used to not sure if they are anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

just a few things to note. Its always wise to neither be a full on believer in these things nor be a full on cynic. try and find somewhere in between where you can be properly skeptical - ie open minded to whatever kinds of theoretical solutions there are. Secondly, it's a good idea to define in your own head if its paranormal research you're after, or just to go on a 'ghost hunt' for the thrill of it. the two are completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Have a listen to this,you might come to your own conclusions.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SetYouFreee#p/c/E1B1A0E4CBE079FD/0/dcgbQxD_Ypk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

quantum psychics doesnt explain anything considering it's something no-one knows much about in the first place. its like explaining something thought to be imaginery with something else as inexplicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why do you want to believe so badly, OP? What's the attraction exactly?

Some people just believe in it, fair enough, but you're actually seeking out paranormal activity simply because you want to believe in it... I don't get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 microwave oven

Dave! wrote: »

Some people just believe in it, fair enough, but you're actually seeking out paranormal activity simply because you want to believe in it... I don't get it

Sorry dave two years later I'm Gona answer your post, don't be on here much. It's not that I'm desperate to believe but I wud like to kno for myself the actual truth. I hav always been interested but it became stronger wen my own sister claimed to have her own experience, anybody else and I wud hav listened and then but it down as just another story but I kno my sister, changes everytin. She doesn't lie but I still feel the need to hav my own proof before I can 100% agree. She may hav thought she saw sumtin, I do want to believe but I defo will not be easily convinced

Sorry dave two years later I'm Gona answer your post, don't be on here much. It's not that I'm desperate to believe but I wud like to kno for myself the actual truth. I hav always been interested but it became stronger wen my own sister claimed to have her own experience, anybody else and I wud hav listened and then but it down as just another story but I kno my sister, changes everytin. She doesn't lie but I still feel the need to hav my own proof before I can 100% agree. She may hav thought she saw sumtin, I do want to believe but I defo will not be easily convinced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well again it seems to come down to the above (in bold) !

You say you want to know the truth, but then you say you want to believe...!

I just want to know the truth, regardless of where it takes me. Deal with the consequences after we establish the facts.

• Advertisement

Well again it seems to come down to the above (in bold) !

You say you want to know the truth, but then you say you want to believe...!

I just want to know the truth, regardless of where it takes me. Deal with the consequences after we establish the facts.

i dont think it does come down to the fact that i want to believe, we'd all like to belive in certain things that we we know arent real. im not the type of person who will except something as fact just because i like the thought of it, thats just ignorance.

Xmas was never the same when you found out about santy,

Advertisement