Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem unlocking my boot

• 07-04-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

VW Bora, 1.4petrol 2004.....the car has central locking. When the car is unlocked, and i try to open the boot it locks again automatically.....any suggestions on how to fix this?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Any more info? IS it the boot that remains locked or does the car lock when you only the boot. Its not clear from your post.
    Is this a new problem or have you just got the car & it has this problem.
    Do the other electric items such as windows, your internal door locking switch etc work as they should?

I have seen the control unit attached to the drivers window regulator causing strange problems with locking etc on various vag models such as Golf, Bora, Skoda Octavia etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

mickdw wrote: »
    Any more info? IS it the boot that remains locked or does the car lock when you only the boot. Its not clear from your post.
    Is this a new problem or have you just got the car & it has this problem.
    Do the other electric items such as windows, your internal door locking switch etc work as they should?

I have seen the control unit attached to the drivers window regulator causing strange problems with locking etc on various vag models such as Golf, Bora, Skoda Octavia etc.

Sorry, its a new problem, its my dads car, he's had it about 2/3 years.
    when the car is unlocked, i can get into the car fine, but if i try to open the boot, the boot locks again automatically. Its only a problem with the boot....also just noticed the windows started going up and down a little bit when i try to open the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Do you actually manage to open the boot or does it remain locked? Does it open with the doors? The soft touch catch is typically either dead or it will open. I dont understand what you mean when you say it locks when you try to open it. If the window is acting up too, I would take it to someone who knows them inside out but as I said, the control unit in the drivers door has been known to cause this type of fault.

Advertisement