Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court in Clondalkin Leisure Centre

• 07-04-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a casual game like the one the lads are running in Sportsco at Clondalkin Leisure centre? Or anywhere in the area for that matter! If there's a few interested ill look into prices, times etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Id be up for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

already one running on tuesdays in the arena.. not sure how casual it is thou..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Count me in for more casual bball.

I contacted a gym/sports hall in Finglas/Glasnevin recently, and just to hire out the hall they were asking me to provide public liability insurance,
    All Bookings must produce evidence of Public Liability Insurance. Such public liability insurance must indemnify the City of Dublin V.E.C/Leisure Point Sport and Fitness Centre with a minimum limit of indemnity of €6.4m. No bookings can be accepted unless accompanied by such evidence.
    Not sure how this works if you're a member or not, and why it's different for our Sunday bball in Sportsco.
    All I wanted was to hire the court every now and then for a shoot around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

im up for clondalkin or arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

lafortezza wrote: »
    Count me in for more casual bball.

I contacted a gym/sports hall in Finglas/Glasnevin recently, and just to hire out the hall they were asking me to provide public liability insurance,
    Not sure how this works if you're a member or not, and why it's different for our Sunday bball in Sportsco.
    All I wanted was to hire the court every now and then for a shoot around.

that's odd. I asked bout the court in Clondalkin recently and I'm pretty sure the main thing it's used for is jus groups of people & maybe local sports teams renting it out on an hourly rate or whatever. It's not connected to the new gym there as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

I coach a few teams for Dublin Lions and find about half the gyms need to see Insurance Cert. We play in Moyle Pk and Col Bride in Clondalkin and Lucan Sports and Leisure in Lucan(cert reqd). When the season is over we run scrimmages if there is demand-(obviously we have to cover the cost of hall hire so need enough guys to pay for it but we try to limit it to 12) For instance we have a scrimmage tonight at 9pm. The Mens section have teams in Div1, 3 and 5. I only play 5 myself and a lot of the guys at scrimmage are at that level - or else guys coming back to the game who contacted the club during the regular season. The div 1 guys sometimes organise a scrimmage in Kilcock (they hire the hall as Lions and have to show a cert). You can PM me if you are interested in that level and I can put you in touch with somebody - I'm not sure when they start though

This week I saw a notice in the foyer of LSLC looking for guys to play ball with a mobile no. on it - so there are games going on if you look hard enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Dufresne wrote: »
    I coach a few teams for Dublin Lions and find about half the gyms need to see Insurance Cert. We play in Moyle Pk and Col Bride in Clondalkin and Lucan Sports and Leisure in Lucan(cert reqd). When the season is over we run scrimmages if there is demand-(obviously we have to cover the cost of hall hire so need enough guys to pay for it but we try to limit it to 12) For instance we have a scrimmage tonight at 9pm. The Mens section have teams in Div1, 3 and 5. I only play 5 myself and a lot of the guys at scrimmage are at that level - or else guys coming back to the game who contacted the club during the regular season. The div 1 guys sometimes organise a scrimmage in Kilcock (they hire the hall as Lions and have to show a cert). You can PM me if you are interested in that level and I can put you in touch with somebody - I'm not sure when they start though

This week I saw a notice in the foyer of LSLC looking for guys to play ball with a mobile no. on it - so there are games going on if you look hard enough

Thanks alot for that, will be in touch!

Advertisement