Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club Meeting: Kick-Ass. Thurs April 15th. Cineworld Dublin

Options
  • 07-04-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

What?
    The fifth (sort of) meeting of the boards film club.

What film?
    Kick-Ass
    starring Nic cage and some kids who fight crime in an alarmingly violent manner!

Where?
    Cineworld Parnell St. Dublin.
    It was deeemed the easiest for the most people to get to based on feedback.

When?
    Thursday, April 15th.

Time?
    6 o' clock screening. Meeting in the Cineworld bar from 5 onwards.

Who can come?
    Anybody who frequents this film forum.

Can I bring non-boards friend(s)?
    Yes you can. The more the merrier!

Is there a membership fee
    Nope. Just pay for your own ticket :P

Will we be booking in advance?
    Not really. However, we will be meeting before the film. That would be the best time to get tickets, or before that if you like.

How will I know who/what to look for?
    We usually get the seats beside the cigarette machine in the Cineworld bar. Keep an eye out for the toy rhino/Triceratops on the table.

Will we be hanging around after the film?
    Yes. The plan is to have a grand aul chat about it afterwards. Drinks/food or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'm in.

Galvasean wrote: »
    rhino/Triceratops

They're the same thing!!!!!!:D;):eek::pac::cool:

Am I barred now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hi lads,

Haven't been around much lately. Glad to see the film club going good. Unfortunely can't make it again, really getting choc-a-block with college work. My brother went to see kick ass the weekend. His review was the film was pretty much "superhero movie" but actually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Might be there, might not be! It'll be obvious if I am ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Times are a bit crap... 6 o' clock screening suit people?

If I can go, I'll be there. The times aren't a problem for me, I'm a civil servant ;o)

• Advertisement

Its 6 or 9. Id say 9 will be cutting it fine for buses etc. Anything before six would be tricky for working people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry guys, can't make it on Thursday - one weekday this week I'm working :(
    Enjoy.

Thats an awful pity Johnny. I had big news for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thats an awful pity Johnny. I had big news for you.

Big News? Colour me intrigued (not quite sure what that colour is, mind).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Should be able to make it along to this. What time are we meeting before hand?

• Advertisement

Six is quite early for me. Honestly, I'd be happier with nine; do a few hours overtime and then power-walk for a DART. What do y'all think?

As I said I can make both, but 9 will be pushing it a bit to get the last LUAS/bus/DART home. I'd have to get from Parnell Street to St Stephens Green before half eleven. It could be done but I'd need reviving afterwards!

Should be able to make it along to this. What time are we meeting before hand?

Any time from 5 onwards (in the Cineworld Bar, most likely beside the cigarette machine. Film is at 6.

Sorry Wacker, I'm ot running the risk of anyone missing the last train/bus and blaming me! :eek:

Any time from 5 onwards (in the Cineworld Bar, most likely beside the cigarette machine. Film is at 6.

Sorry Wacker, I'm ot running the risk of anyone missing the last train/bus and blaming me! :eek:
    Can't do it then I'm afraid :(

Another time hombre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I am going to head along to this

I probably wont make it until 5.30 but I know what you look like Galva so i will see you there

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Can I go?

Can I go?

Can you think of a reason why you can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i should make it, but like the recliner i wont be there till about half, dont get off work till 5! even at that half 5 is cuttin it fine but sure ill make it eventually!

it sucks but I wont be able to make this now

But hopefully with Iron Man 2 out soon we wont have to wait too long until the next one :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Should be on the train just after 4.

• Advertisement

AWesome awesome movie.

Hope everybody made it home in one piece.

Loved it, still smiling, apologies to Galve if I blew his eardrums laughing incessantly ;o) That'll teach ya to sit in the front row LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

great movie! really enjoyed it and as galva excellently put it : "that is the movie superhero movie should have been"

Enjoyed the film. Thought it sagged a bit in the middle, but was good fun. It was clearly bobbins and meant as a complete piss-take. I'm not sure how else you could read it. Crime against cinema? Paedophilia? Really?

A few months ago it was Anti-Christ, now it's this and in 3 months time it will be something else. Who cares?

Daily Mail One Star review = compulsory viewing for the Boards Film Club :)

Daily Mail One Star review = compulsory viewing for the Boards Film Club :)

In that case, Dogtooth should totally be the next film - strange, offensive wonderfulness!

Saw Kick Ass during the week, liked it for the most part but oddly preferred it when it was taking itself seriously. Sorry couldn't make it along last night, will try my darndest to make it next time.

Advertisement