Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**WARNING: METEOR PHONE INSURANCE**

Options
  • 07-04-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭

3 years ago i took out a contract wit Meteor, also took out the handset insurance, cost something like 4.99 a month, taken out wit my bill. The phone i had was some sort of Sony Ericsson, can't remember the model

Last Feb i upgraded through Meteor to an N95, and kept on the handset insurance, 3 weeks ago i upgraded again to a HTC Hero.

I was with my mate in a Meteor Store the other day as he was upgrading, don't know why but i asked about the insurance and was told i have to inform them of any change in handset!!!

I rang them up this morning and i was still insured for the old Sony phone from 3years ago!!!

IF YOU HAVE HANDSET INSURANCE CONTACT THEM AND MAKE SURE THEY HAVE THE RIGHT HANDSET ON THE SYSTEM, AS WE ALL KNOW THAT INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL TRY ANY EXCUSE NOT TO PAY OUT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you can prove that you upgraded they shold then pay up or replace depending on your contrat.
    You should have registred the new imei with them but your proof of purchase of your new phone should be enough for any claim.

give them a call, be cool and see will the honour their insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

If you can prove that you upgraded they shold then pay up or replace depending on your contrat.
    You should have registred the new imei with them but your proof of purchase of your new phone should be enough for any claim.

give them a call, be cool and see will the honour their insurance.

Yep, I have been there. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

what do ya expect, the insurance is through a seperate company, of course ya have to tell them if ya change handset

Advertisement