Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coaching Clinic this weekend with Bob Hurley

• 07-04-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi guys

For those of you interested in coaching basketball who may not have heard yet. There is a coaching clinic on Fri evening and all day Sat in Colaiste Bride in Clondalkin - run by the Coaches Forum. The clinic is being given by Bob Hurley Snr who has just been inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame (Those of you watching the Butler-Duke game the other night might have seen this years inductees at half time. Bob was next to Scottie Pippen, just down from Larry Bird)

He flew into Dublin this morning and is doing some camps before the Clinic. A lot of coaches will be on the mailing list and will already know about the event but I thought I'd post in case there are others who may be interested. The clinic costs just €45 (to cover hall hire etc) and you can pay on the night. If anybody is interested you can PM for the number of the guy organising it -hes fairly well known in Dublin Basketball circles anyway(I assume its okay to post name - PJ Reidy)

The coaches forum website is here http://thecoachesforum.com/Home_Page.php
    Its a DIY job - hence the hotmail contact - but the guys are genuine and like I said you don't have to pay anything up front.

Mods: I read through the charter and if this breaks the advertising guideline - please remove

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Didnt Bob Hurley have a son, Bob Jnr, who was a young protege but died tragically at a young age? Or was paralysed maybe? He actually appeared briefly in the movie Blue Chips. Have I got the right guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Not sure about his son -think he was a college player but not sure about NBA- This is his wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hurley
    He coaches St Anthonys in NJ. Hoping to pick up a few pointers at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ya that was his son bobby.. not dead or anything bad as far as i know.. booby made it to the nba but not for long.. i remember watching him lead the blue devils to i think it was the 91 championship.. i also think the were unbeaten that year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Stab*City wrote: »
    Ya that was his son bobby.. not dead or anything bad as far as i know.. booby made it to the nba but not for long.. i remember watching him lead the blue devils to i think it was the 91

championship.. i also think the were unbeaten that year..

I think he actually may have been in a car crash, was v badly injured & had to retire?? I just remember Reading an article about him in SLAM in the 90s and seeing him in Blue Chips.

Advertisement