Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurers failing to quote

• 07-04-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi , im looking to get insured on an Opel Astra OPC 2litre turbo, but companys so far wont even give a quote , is this usual?? im 25 , 6 and half years license , 4 years no claims as main driver , no convictions , no penalty points . Just find it really hard to believe that they wont even quote me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its common enough on "performance" cars, but it shouldn't happen. The Financial Ombudsman can usually extract quotes in these cases, if you can get letters of refusal from insurers, but it won't be cheap.

xsdirect will also insure nearly anyone on anything, again, not for cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Tefral

Individual insurers have the right to refuse you cover, but they must provide you with a reason for the refusal should you ask for one. However, even though you have been refused cover, you are entitled to go to the Declined Cases Committee of the Irish Insurance Federation who will obtain an insurance quotation for you. In order for the Committee to consider your case you must first have sought and been refused quotations in writing from at least three insurers.
    Declined Cases Committee
    Irish Insurance Federation
    39 Molesworth Street
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    Tel:+353 (0)1 6761914

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Combo of your age and choice of car OP. You'll get cover eventually but it'll be pricey I'd expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I got refused by two insurers for my golf gti. 9 years with a full licence and full no claims. no convictions points or claims. My renewal had gone up €200 with Axa. Eventually got it with hibernian for €250 cheaper than my renewal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yep, i got refused on an audi tt. Currently have audi a3. Probably a good thing cos can't really afford it at the moment anyway but it was tempting. I had other quotes from other insurance groups but would have cost too much to cancel policy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

kayabram wrote: »
    Hi , im looking to get insured on an Opel Astra OPC 2litre turbo, but companys so far wont even give a quote , is this usual?? im 25 , 6 and half years license , 4 years no claims as main driver , no convictions , no penalty points . Just find it really hard to believe that they wont even quote me.

Are you ringing them, or buying online? Try ringing if you're not.

Also try 123.ie online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

strange, I can get quotes easily on an OPC.

26, 7 years full license, 5 years ncb, no points, no claims, no convictions

usually around €600

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayabram

hi guys thanks for all your feedback , i had been ringing the companys not using internet quotes. finally yesterday i got a quote through a broker for eagle star for 795euro fully comp , pretty happy with that being honest. thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I got refused insurance for a 98 Astra, from one of those women only insurer. the girl said they didn't insure vintage cars :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Agent_99 wrote: »
    I got refused insurance for a 98 Astra, from one of those women only insurer. the girl said they didn't insure vintage cars :eek:

LOL:D:D,
    did they consider a 98 astra a vintage car:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

bladebrew wrote: »
    LOL:D:D,
    did they consider a 98 astra a vintage car:eek:

Yes, I didn't know I was driving a vintage car, would have looked after it better and took it to the rallies on sundays :rolleyes: .... i think it has gone to the great scrap yard in the sky now.. :D:D:D

Advertisement