Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for wannabe single foster parent

Options
  • 07-04-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, I am a single 43yr old woman and interested in fostering children. I have trawled the internet for forums or discussions on people's experiences of fostering. I would also like to hear the experiences of the kids themselves.

As I havent had kids myself I am concerned about the lack of parenting skills I have etc. I need to work to support myself and pay the mortgage etc but fortunately i work from home and have good flexibility with my hours. I would love to hear from anyone who has been through the process recently who could tell me what to expect, how long it will take in reality and anything else i need to know.

Advertisement