Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

apple computer discounts

• 07-04-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Student/ staff of DIT discounts buying off apple online store --dit.ie and search apple!

not to fear though because you dont have to login anyone can avail of the discount the tech dept messed up. iv bought from it many a time!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Not really sure what you mean by all this?
    Is this the same
    http://store.apple.com/ie-edu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I believe the student discount is open to every student, not just DIT.

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/studentsupport/studentlaptopscheme/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

Not really sure what you mean by all this?
    Is this the same
    http://store.apple.com/ie-edu

sorry should of been more clearer, DIT'S apple store is open to everyone unlike the other college stores , the difference being is that you save more on that store than the normal education one!

thats the basic education discount, dits prices are 50euro less on top of that for the basic macbook so its another lot off on top of the normal general student discount!

the specific colleges ucc, ucd, trinity, ncad ,dcu and dit all have more taken off because they have individual deals with apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

for the price of an Apple you have a much better computer other mark or even cheaper if u built up your own.and if u like gaming than Apple is absolutely bad choice.also I have heard very bad opinions about quality of Apple comp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

faral wrote: »
    for the price of an Apple you have a much better computer other mark or even cheaper if u built up your own.and if u like gaming than Apple is absolutely bad choice.also I have heard very bad opinions about quality of Apple comp.

Yes but for someone looking for an apple computer it's a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I'm looking for a Pear, got any of those!!! LOL

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I use to think that before I got my MacBook Pro, but since I've discovered that the build quality of Macs is so superior to PC's it isn't even funny.

The all aluminum body makes them almost indestructible and I previously had two supposedly top of the range, premium Sony Vaio Z's which are supposed to be the PC world equivalent of Macs and I'll tell you they are junk in comparison. Macs are well worth the extra expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bk wrote: »
    I use to think that before I got my MacBook Pro, but since I've discovered that the build quality of Macs is so superior to PC's it isn't even funny.
    MacBook Pro.. yes!

MacBook... no!

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6

Don't get me wrong.. the MacBook is over 2 years old now and still going strong. But the build quality of their MacBook's are absolutely dreadful!

And they're still selling this white plastic model even after all the reports of cracking, swelling, "yellow-ing" (etc) - absolutely scandalous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you like music production, Apple is often seen as a great choice. Personally, I wouldn't buy a pre-built PC, but it depends on what you need it for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I like the Mac's software appose to windows. I would never go back. Good deals on the DIT link, better than the apple education discount.
    Thanks OP

no worries dude spread the word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Elessar

But this is just like chancing your arm by going to the edu-store. Apple could just as easily ask you for student ID after you place your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

I believe the student discount is open to every student, not just DIT.

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/studentsupport/studentlaptopscheme/

Correct but DIT student prices are lower than the edu store prices.

1: Normal Online pricing
    110242.jpg
    2: Edu store pricing
    110243.jpg
    3: Dit Staff/Student pricing
    110244.jpg

Elessar wrote: »
    But this is just like chancing your arm by going to the edu-store. Apple could just as easily ask you for student ID after you place your order.

nah im the rep for DIT, it supposed to be only available on DITs network or intranet but its not because of whatever deal they have with them so happy days.

sister whos a nurse got a macbook off it there last week no hassle.

Advertisement