Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭

qq48qe.png

Ramos to United :D

aolyq9.png

Clichy was only worth m at the time and City asked how much I wanted for him, I said m and they said no. Then I offered him to everyone for m and City came in with that bid. Didn't really want to sell him and haven't replaced him properly since but it was just too good to turn down!

I'll add more as I come across them, what are yours?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Looking to buy Ashley young from Aston Villa for 16m. They turned it down asking for £44.5m. I rejected haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Looking to buy Ashley young from Aston Villa for 16m. They turned it down asking for m. I rejected haha.

I hate buying known players in this game!!! I usually end up spending ridiculous amounts of money on players who aren't a whole lot better than what I already have!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The transfer system is hugely flawed.

I wanted to buy Hamsik. Valued at 8.5M

They wanted like 48M. Ridiculous.

Frisbee wrote: »

Did you have enough to get him or just leave it?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I disagree that the transfer system is flawed. If the player is on a long contract you have to pay more, just like if his contract is up soon you should get him for a reasonable price.

Look at Lyon in real life, if you ever want any of their star players they quote you around 50 million. Good way to keep the vultures out, Benzema, Diarra, Essien to name a few who went for massive transfers in recent times.

I wanted Hugo Lloris on it before, his value was around 25 million euro, I bid 35 and they came back to me with 110. I consider him the best goalkeeper in the world, why would you want to sell him if you had him? He's irreplaceable!

In my current game I have Mexes centre half, I wouldn't sell him for any money.

• Advertisement

cashville wrote: »
    I disagree that the transfer system is flawed. If the player is on a long contract you have to pay more, just like if his contract is up soon you should get him for a reasonable price.

Look at Lyon in real life, if you ever want any of their star players they quote you around 50 million. Good way to keep the vultures out, Benzema, Diarra, Essien to name a few who went for massive transfers in recent times.

I wanted Hugo Lloris on it before, his value was around 25 million euro, I bid 35 and they came back to me with 110. I consider him the best goalkeeper in the world, why would you want to sell him if you had him? He's irreplaceable!

In my current game I have Mexes centre half, I wouldn't sell him for any money.

I dunno, selling a left back for £36.5m doesn't make much sense to me. I ended up paying £35m for his replacement which doesn't make much sense, imagine I hadn't chanced my arm and settled for £15m???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Looking to buy Ashley young from Aston Villa for 16m. They turned it down asking for £44.5m. I rejected haha.

What? Negotiate! I was able to get him for around 20m in one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Decided to take control of Engerland for the craic, bringing them to the 2010 World Cup (obviously they were already qualified!).

Took Rob Green, Ben Foster and David James as my goalies, purely based on form for their clubs. Rob Green started as the first choice, performing admirably between the sticks, helping me guide my team to the quarter finals. Unfortunately, poor ould Bobby got an injury which ruled him out of the rest of the World Cup.

Disappointed though I was, Foster had been in sparkling form and I was confident he could do the job. I wasn't let down. Foster pulled off a string of saves in the semis v Spain and got us through. Fair play Ben, says I, you really helped us out of a hole. Preparing for the World Cup final, everything was going swimmingly until.....David James decides he's going to RETIRE THE NIGHT BEFORE THE WORLD CUP FINAL :eek::mad:, leaving me with one fit keeper!

Ploughed on anyway and was 1-0 up in the final v Italy, an evenly matched contest. All the subs used up and probably about 65 minutes gone and Foster decides he's going to make my life hell by getting injured and has to come off. Step up that King among men, substitute Tom Huddlestone, who goes in goals without a whimper (i stuck him in only cos he's about 7'5 and fills the goals!). Tom performs admirably and my Engerland team hold out to win the World Cup.:D:cool:

I swear, I almost cried!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

How much did you bid?

I find if you use the scouts (depending on their ability/knowledge), they'll come back with an estimated price - one recent game they came back with 18.5m for Moutinho. I bid 20.5m to be sure and Sporting accepted it (my first marquee signing for Newcastle!!), I signed him and the rest, as they say, is history.

I think if I had bid around 17/18m then Sporting would have come back with an astronomical sum like 34m or something - i've seen it happen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Was in my fifth season with Shels and had a decent squad together. Had won the Premier Division three years running. Anyways, in my fifth season, I qualified for the group stages of the Champions League, that, making the final of all the other competitions I was in and having a few internationals for Scotland and Finland, I was left with 12 matches to play in 14 days. Absolutely ridiculous. I had been coasting the league but nearly blew it because of that fixture backlog! Won it by 4 points in the end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'll never forget in one game one of the regens in the Dutch league was called 'Gerry Manders'. I found it quite hilarious.

jasonorr wrote: »
    Did you have enough to get him or just leave it?

I told them to stuff it and picked up Gourcuff for ~20M instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I picked him up too. I dunno tho, he hasnt made the impact I thought he would. Picked up Edin Dzeko for £11.5m and he's played 50 games for me and scored 47 goals. Himself and torres up front (the pool) are lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I picked him up too. I dunno tho, he hasnt made the impact I thought he would. Picked up Edin Dzeko for £11.5m and he's played 50 games for me and scored 47 goals. Himself and torres up front (the pool) are lethal

Nice strikeforce. Gourcuff is a strange one, he takes time to settle and it can be hard to get the best out of him.

What was I thinking??? I should have accepted this ridiculously good offer!!!

21ccetk.png

Just got offered 8.2 million for Bendter from Ath Madrid..

IvySlayer wrote: »

Bendtner is worth £10.25m in mine but, that Renan offer was for a 6 month loan deal!!!

Bendtner is worth £10.25m in mine but, that Renan offer was for a 6 month loan deal!!!

Considering you spent 35 million on him, is he not first team? :pac:

Considering you spent 35 million on him, is he not first team? :pac:

He is of course but, that much to loan my left back for 6 months??? I really should have taken it!

He is of course but, that much to loan my left back for 6 months??? I really should have taken it!

Could have back fired. Or he could have rejected it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Saw Jason Cundy available as a youth coach in the game tonight, considered hiring him just so I could fire him...

I sold him to Juve in my game for ~12M and then about three days later sold them Eduardo for ~14M. Juve have about 7 first team strikers.

Real and Barca have been consistentlyl offering me upwards of 25M for Clichy and the same for Walcott. Not a hope I'm selling Clichy but I'm giving Walcott this season as his last chance to show he can do it and if not he's gone.

I sold him to Juve in my game for ~12M and then about three days later sold them Eduardo for ~14M. Juve have about 7 first team strikers.

Real and Barca have been consistentlyl offering me upwards of 25M for Clichy and the same for Walcott. Not a hope I'm selling Clichy but I'm giving Walcott this season as his last chance to show he can do it and if not he's gone.

Walcott has been a super sub for me. Currently I play Van Persie as AMR and Dzeko up front. Van Persie is so injury prone that Walcott plays almost as much as him.

Last season 24 Appearences and 10 goals., this season 31 app and 14 goals!

Walcott has been a super sub for me. Currently I play Van Persie as AMR and Dzeko up front. Van Persie is so injury prone that Walcott plays almost as much as him.

Last season 24 Appearences and 10 goals., this season 31 app and 14 goals!

I play van Persie as part of a front two and he's been a revelation!

145 goals, 38 assists and 42 MoM in 191(13) games over the last 4 seasons and this season still isn't finished!

I'm in college so can't check my stats but RVP has been unreal for me too, bangs them in for fun.

Van Persie and Tevez are two of the best strikers in-game. Strikers with good teamwork are unstoppable! The usual finishing, composure, etc. stats are above average with them, but you'd almost think they couldn't miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

cashville wrote: »
    Nice strikeforce. Gourcuff is a strange one, he takes time to settle and it can be hard to get the best out of him.

Played him at the top of a diamond formation in midfield for Barcelona in one of my saves. Definitely got the best out of him - finished as my top scorer on 31 goals!

Just got Gourcouff on a free, haven't been too impressed so far. Also got Yaya for £18m, he picked up 5 yellow cards and the automatic suspension by mid-October!!!

Archimedes wrote: »
    Played him at the top of a diamond formation in midfield for Barcelona in one of my saves. Definitely got the best out of him - finished as my top scorer on 31 goals!

Gourcuff's long shots are unreal, I always set him to shoot from anywhere.
    Just got Gourcouff on a free, haven't been too impressed so far. Also got Yaya for £18m, he picked up 5 yellow cards and the automatic suspension by mid-October!!!

That's why I always have two good DM. I set them to Anchorman with aggressive tackling to break down play.

• Advertisement

Just had a look at RVP's stats in my game there. Since I've taken over:

101 games - 76 goals :eek:

Advertisement