Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Started a just for fun game with Arsenal. Signed a lad from Newcastle for the youth team. Got the message about him joining the club. Very next message, he hurt his ankle in training. Made for Arsenal!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Started a just for fun game:

As opposed to....:D:D:D

CSF wrote: »
    As opposed to....:D:D:D

I meant the kind of game where I'm not too bothered with all the ins and outs. I usually spend ages scouting players and whatnot, and usually in the lower leagues too. Haven't started in a top league since FM10 I think, plus, it's on the lap top which I don't use all that often to begin with so it won't be a main game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Decided to start a new game myself as I had a meeting with the board and told them I am tendering my resignation and they didnt fire me or make me leave! Plus it was a bit buggy!

Hope latest update changes that.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Dundee United have just won the 2017/2018 Scottish League by 7 points :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

louthguy25 wrote: »
    Dundee United have just won the 2017/2018 Scottish League by 7 points :D

There's hope for us all yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

562227_10150765786911674_588931673_9889611_1560209323_n.jpg

:pac: we've all wanted to hit a ref at some stage......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

In 00/01 taking over at Oldham Athletic and falling out with a player who slagged me off in media. He caused a rift in the squad and I eventually had to sell him. Nothing too out of the ordinary there but the thing was that I knew the guy in real life having been in his class at school for years. Had played footie with him loads of times too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

vrgix.png

How sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kip Droridy

I can remember Luis Figo taking over Inter Milan at the start of a number games in the 2008 game

• Advertisement

keTxv.png

Do I go the Mourinho route...

I did when I got that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

The League Cup? What about the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

My Brother has been telling me about his game, in which he is now in the year 2034.

James McArthur has been managing at Barca, My Brother gets fed up at Manchester United and after having a 90,000 seater stadium named after him has decided to move on for another challenge.

McArthur replaces him at "My Brothers Surname Arena", to which my Brother now has to travel to in his new job with Man City!

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Only came across this thread now, here's some stuff from my FM07 games:

Something I had took great joy in, despite being United manager at the time.

5CCFC.jpg
    :cool: Best thing about it was England dominated the game! I'd say they'd have been fairly sickened at that! :D

This was when I was Cobh Ramblers manager

DiIKc.png

Honestly like! I've seen Pardew and the likes go to Irish teams on this thread, but one of the best players of all time decides to go to Cork??! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Messing around with FMRTE in FM11, in January of first season, I bought Odenwingie for £150mil(valued at £1.5mil at time). Kept him til the summer, playing him 3 times, and sold him for £15mil to Aston Villa. Thought it was hilarious that Villa were willing to offer than much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

says the guy that spent 10 times that amount.

I'd say it was due to reputation or some crap like that

I've just taken semi-professional outfit East Stirling in to the Scottish Premier League forcing the club to upgrade their tiny stadium (200 seats) to comply with the SPL stadium regs. The club is now over 8 million in debt and with gates of about 1500 that's going to take a decade or two to pay off. I might be able to buy a player in 20 years time... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I thought this was hilarious. I'm expecting Emile Heskey to come out of retirement to replace Messi!

I thought this was hilarious. I'm expecting Emile Heskey to come out of retirement to replace Messi!

lol. Out goes the beautiful football. In comes the hoofing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

lol. Out goes the beautiful football. In comes the hoofing....

Can you imagine it! Tony Pulis will probably replace O'Neill!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A 48 year old central midfielder. Impressive!

533116_10151779998845307_737165306_23994979_1288414091_n.jpg

I'm ousting him now...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I once signed a 46 year old Bulgarian CM. The Bulldog I called him. He had like 13 yellows and a few reds in the only season he played, he kept hacking everyone down because he was so slow. Letterkenny Rovers legend!

Hey, Kanu scored the winning goal in the FA Cup final with Pompey well into his 40s...

Hey, Kanu scored the winning goal in the FA Cup final with Pompey well into his 40s...

Sure Kanu is only 25 now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Tkx82.png

Prolific!

Three 17 year olds just retired on the same day in my game...

Not my players and their names are not clickable.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Three 17 year olds just retired on the same day in my game...

Not my players and their names are not clickable.

Sure, they decided footie wasn't for them and wanted to have a career flipping burgers in McDonalds instead.

On that note going back to my East Stirling team I've got a striker who 'believes he has no future in the professional game'. Now fair enough in Scottish league division 3 where contracts are part-time and the pay very low - maybe he wanted to concentrate on academic pursuits or make more money burger flipping. But this team has now climbed their way into the SPL and yet years on apparently still he 'believes he has no future in the professional game'. However I realise now he's a genius. He only ever wants a 1 year contract and I have to keep re-signing him every summer therby guaranteeing him not only a pay rise but also a signing on bonus. Crafty bugger!

i was at finn harps and there was this german guy i wanted, who was released by leverkusen. Scouted him numerous times and all the results were glowing, 5 stars, his stats were already good, had 20 for determination. Stayed without a club for 18 months, rejecting my contract offers (Max i could offer was 3000 a week, lowest i got him negotiating to was 4200), before retiring at 19. He was a regen, but looked like an absolute beast....why noone else signed him up, i dont know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats the thing - why doesnt the AI accept the offer when there arent other club interested!

Advertisement