Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

Maybe he really didn't want to end up in Donegal... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Maybe he really didn't want to end up in Donegal... :D

3 grand a week to live in donegal? Hed have lived like a king!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Strange things that happen, some players you have to pay crazy amounts to get, then others like Hummels, you can pick up for 14 million

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    A 48 year old central midfielder. Impressive!

533116_10151779998845307_737165306_23994979_1288414091_n.jpg

I'm ousting him now...

I've gone one better at Waterford United.

282823_10151806210355307_619857523_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Poor Arsenal

213kn02.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

danniemcq wrote: »
    says the guy that spent 10 times that amount.

I'd say it was due to reputation or some crap like that
    My signing was a complete joke though. I could have signed him for 5mil. I just bid an exorbitant amount messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Andrew Keogh.png
    Look at the international stats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Andrew Keogh.png
    Look at the international stats

I don't get it!!! He scored a goal????

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

tvercetti wrote: »
    I don't get it!!! He scored a goal????

92 caps, 72 goals. Thought that was quite funny considering it's Andy Keogh

Stats like that have always been crazy in the game. I think Junior Hoillet in one of my saves scored like 90 goals in 70 games for Canada or something like that, but then he's playing against Atigua and the likes. Why is he even starting for Ireland?
    Actually Shane Long always has a crazy goal scoring record in the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

92 caps, 72 goals. Thought that was quite funny considering it's Andy Keogh

Sorry, didn't spot that part, I was looking down the bottom at his season stats

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Poor Arsenal

213kn02.png

You have some mail there..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I get plagued with mail too, damn news subscriptions go nuts a few seasons in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If I get mail I have to read it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I unsubscribe from everything except players I'm interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

not even international competitions? Otherwise I would forget to scout them!

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Whilst I often get plagued by mail, I've often signed an absolute gem because of them telling me of some player I wasnt interested in via some other club bidding on them. Its monotonous but it can be worth your while. Also seen some real good value for money squad players because the mail kept me in the loop regarding contract situations.

I rely on free transfers. My max wage is £500 and can only have four foreign players in my squad. I have seven scouts who just do South America over and over again (three do it in general, the other four have countries assigned to them) so I just add all those recommendations to my short list and check that every few months to see if any of the higher rated players are available. At the end of the season, I check for everyone who is out of contract. My youth system is developing a few good players this season so hopefully that will continue to pick up for future seasons.

Seems to be working for me. Was expected to finish 18th (of 18) but finished 6th. Eight games in to my second season and I'm four points clear at the top.

I don't need to be told about every little thing that is happening.

Thats the only way to do things at a club with small budgets, focus on improving the scouting network and giving yourself the best choice possible at the time. Sell then in their last year and try to get a player of a higher quality with the income.

My tip is to sell a player over 48 months, you can get a better deal overall

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Dempsey wrote: »
    Whilst I often get plagued by mail, I've often signed an absolute gem because of them telling me of some player I wasnt interested in via some other club bidding on them. Its monotonous but it can be worth your while. Also seen some real good value for money squad players because the mail kept me in the loop regarding contract situations.
    I rely on free transfers. My max wage is £500 and can only have four foreign players in my squad. I have seven scouts who just do South America over and over again (three do it in general, the other four have countries assigned to them) so I just add all those recommendations to my short list and check that every few months to see if any of the higher rated players are available. At the end of the season, I check for everyone who is out of contract. My youth system is developing a few good players this season so hopefully that will continue to pick up for future seasons.

Seems to be working for me. Was expected to finish 18th (of 18) but finished 6th. Eight games in to my second season and I'm four points clear at the top.

I don't need to be told about every little thing that is happening.
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Thats the only way to do things at a club with small budgets, focus on improving the scouting network and giving yourself the best choice possible at the time. Sell then in their last year and try to get a player of a higher quality with the income.

My tip is to sell a player over 48 months, you can get a better deal overall

To be honest, I don't know how that makes ye laugh. It seems part and parcel of the game. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Poor Arsenal

213kn02.png

:eek: Why were you searching for Heskey? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

:eek: Why were you searching for Heskey? :eek:

Recommended that he was a useful backup player for Messi!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Brad Friedel is chairman of Reading in my current game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

One of my wingers got a rating of 9.6 and scored a hattrick. I praised him in the private conversion and he said he wasnt happy with his performance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

The only time I've been sacked was from my first ever job (00/01) and I got the boot not because of the results but because the team was playing "substandard" football. In charge of Barca I understand but it was at a modest outfit in Greece.

That's deadly, although a sacking seems a bit OTT, did they warn you about your style of play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

EdenHazard wrote: »
    That's deadly, although a sacking seems a bit OTT, did they warn you about your style of play?

Yes, to be fair they did give me a warning or two beforehand. Not knowing what I was doing at the time meant my team was consistently outplayed and relying on my brilliant goalie to scrape 1-0 wins against the league's minnows. I started dabbling in the long-ball tactic which I guess is a no-no to the continentals. I only lasted half a season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

After my first season with FM (managing Celtic in 2017 now) liverpool has won the premier league year after year. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I resigned about a month before my contract ended as preseason was about to begin in a week's time (weird timing for the contract to end). Five of my eight staff members have walked aswell :D Never got that many before, usually it's one, maybe two out of anything up to 20 staff members.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I got to the year 2030 something in CM 01/02 and just seeing how different the leagues were was pretty funny, eg. Arsenal in League 2, Bury in the Champions League. I think the funniest is when your playing and players do something like headbutt someone or kick them.

Another time Skrtel got an 8 match ban for punching someone and when I fined him 2 weeks wages he became unhappy along with about another 5 players who were all "Unhappy with the treatment of a teammate".

Advertisement