Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I got to the year 2030 something in CM 01/02 and just seeing how different the leagues were was pretty funny, eg. Arsenal in League 2, Bury in the Champions League. I think the funniest is when your playing and players do something like headbutt someone or kick them.

Another time Skrtel got an 8 match ban for punching someone and when I fined him 2 weeks wages he became unhappy along with about another 5 players who were all "Unhappy with the treatment of a teammate".

Ha, yeah sometimes your squad are as thick as thieves!

The problem with the English league is that it's too affluent - even in the lower divisions. It isn't hard to attract players either so it makes it easy for a small club to become a Premier League force. I won the Premiership title with a small lower league club and I'd only been playing it for 6 seasons - and this was the first Champman I'd ever played! All done with a simple 4-4-2 so it isn't really a challenge. Personally I wouldn't ever bother running it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Man city play their games at Mancini Park :D Its only the year 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

What's the best way to ensure young players reach their full potential? Has it changed from previous games? With Dortmund I'd a great young team, good coaches and facilities and gave them all loads of first team football but they didn't develop like they should.

I've the same problem in another save with Liverpool. For example take Seb Coates. At the start of the season he had the potential to be 4 stars and I played him in nearly 50 games (nearly all starts) and have a 4.5 star defense coach yet he's now got the potential to be 3.5 stars, the same is happening to other players like Jack Robinson, Suso, Yaya Sanogo etc.

It's very frustrating when you invest so much time in young players and they turn out ****e. So what's the best way of developing young players?

Patrick Viera has taken over as Chairman of City!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

bm1993 wrote: »
    What's the best way to ensure young players reach their full potential? Has it changed from previous games? With Dortmund I'd a great young team, good coaches and facilities and gave them all loads of first team football but they didn't develop like they should.

I've the same problem in another save with Liverpool. For example take Seb Coates. At the start of the season he had the potential to be 4 stars and I played him in nearly 50 games (nearly all starts) and have a 4.5 star defense coach yet he's now got the potential to be 3.5 stars, the same is happening to other players like Jack Robinson, Suso, Yaya Sanogo etc.

It's very frustrating when you invest so much time in young players and they turn out ****e. So what's the best way of developing young players?

in coaches look for ones with the atribute working with youngsters or similer at a level of at least 18. I think my entire backroom staff was at least level 19 for all the roles they were hired for. I clear house everytime i start a new game or change club unless there is a gem in there. It can cost about the same as a decent player when you consider wages, pay offs and compensations to other clubs but in the long run it works out

• Advertisement

I have a calculator that I use so it tells me how good the coaches will be. Saw it online before and saved it to my desktop for further use, comes in handy at times!

My backroom is like Gort - full of Brazilians!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

Gary Breen just won the LOI as manager of Cork City!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

Mc Love wrote: »
    I have a calculator that I use so it tells me how good the coaches will be. Saw it online before and saved it to my desktop for further use, comes in handy at times!

My backroom is like Gort - full of Brazilians!!

tell me more of this calculator......

just do a google search for FM coach calculator!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

EveAlex wrote: »
    Gary Breen just won the LOI as manager of Cork City!

Clever Cork, while every else dreamed of a team of Gary Breens, they dreamt that he'd be a decent manager...went and got him and now look what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Signed an unknown Scottish left winger in my first season for Cork City, saw him playing at the Olympics this morning for New Zealand :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Health and safety have shutdown part of reading stadium
    ,I've never seen that before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Health and safety have shutdown part of reading stadium
    ,I've never seen that before

When you play lower league for a couple of seasons it happens once a couple of months.

SantryRed wrote: »
    When you play lower league for a couple of seasons it happens once a couple of months.

O right,still kinda strange since it was the championship and reading have spent most of their recent history(in real life) there

Moyes just hired as Liverpool manager...following stints at West Brom, Chelsea, Fulham & Swansea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mf2du.jpg

Not 1 appearance in 114 years at the club? something fishy going on there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They showed some foresight signing him (probably) before his grandparents were even born! And I thought Barcelona were bad for snapping up youngsters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Liverpool play at Stanley Park in my game, so unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

It's like the Alliance of Evil for football! :pac:

Newcastle.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dave_

Currently in Season 6 of a save that started off with Liverpool. Finished 4th/3rd/3rd in the first 3 seasons and won the champions league in the 3rd. Took the Ireland job in season 4 and left Liverpool. Had a brief stint at Sunderland, then Fulham in Season 4 and 5 (resigned from both), before getting offered the Arsenal job in Season 6.

What made me laugh is one player. Starting off at Liverpool, my first order of business was obviously to get rid of the overpaid players that didn't add much to the team (think, Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Cole). Some were easy to get rid of but some were a pain. Jordan Henderson was a prime example, nobody wanted him! Got rid of him on loan for the first 2 seasons, before Fulham made a loan permanent at the end of season 3 (I left shortly after).

Had completely fogotten about the deal, until my first day in the Fulham job, where I find him sitting in the reserves, on 70k a week! First order of business - get rid of Jordan Henderson! Miraculously I got rid of him for 1m pounds. Don't think I even recognized who I sold him to as I accepted 3 offers - ......until my first day as manager of Arsenal a season later.....Jordan F***in Henderson!! Now i think i have to keep him until the end of the season at least, as we have a shortage of wingers.

Dave_ wrote: »
    Currently in Season 6 of a save that started off with Liverpool. Finished 4th/3rd/3rd in the first 3 seasons and won the champions league in the 3rd. Took the Ireland job in season 4 and left Liverpool. Had a brief stint at Sunderland, then Fulham in Season 4 and 5 (resigned from both), before getting offered the Arsenal job in Season 6.

What made me laugh is one player. Starting off at Liverpool, my first order of business was obviously to get rid of the overpaid players that didn't add much to the team (think, Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Cole). Some were easy to get rid of but some were a pain. Jordan Henderson was a prime example, nobody wanted him! Got rid of him on loan for the first 2 seasons, before Fulham made a loan permanent at the end of season 3 (I left shortly after).

Had completely fogotten about the deal, until my first day in the Fulham job, where I find him sitting in the reserves, on 70k a week! First order of business - get rid of Jordan Henderson! Miraculously I got rid of him for 1m pounds. Don't think I even recognized who I sold him to as I accepted 3 offers - ......until my first day as manager of Arsenal a season later.....Jordan F***in Henderson!! Now i think i have to keep him until the end of the season at least, as we have a shortage of wingers.

Thats fm for you....Alex Song suspended for the Uefa Cup final. Up steps Henderson with a 30 yard screamer in a 3-2 win over Benfica!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 darrylreilly90

blackburn suffering 3 relegations in 4 years :)

that should be illegal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Barcelona scoring less than 70 goals in the league, so unrealistic and stupid. Looks like FM12 can't replicate the sheer insanity that is real life Barca.

blackburn suffering 3 relegations in 4 years :)

What would you expect with the Venkys/kean in charge!

Mc Love wrote: »
    What would you expect with the Venkys/kean in charge!

haha your right, but looking and seeing blackburn midtable in league 2 with the likes of barnet and accrington ahead of them is brilliant :)

haha your right, but looking and seeing blackburn midtable in league 2 with the likes of barnet and accrington ahead of them is brilliant :)

I'm always tempted to apply for jobs like that when I see a Premiership (Championship now, I guess, but a former Premier League winner nonetheless) club fall down the leagues like that. With some free transfers and good tactics, I bet you could at least get them back up to the championship relatively easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is now Stoke City manager in my game :D

• Advertisement

Brendan Rodgers just taken over as Shamrock Rovers boss some fall from grace for him!

Advertisement