Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Not in FM12 (I think it happened in FM08...)

I always used to set up friendlies with the rarest teams I could find. I remember I was Macclesfield and European Champions, and used to go on pre season tours to Guam and Vanuatu. Would play all the teams available (about 3) and used to have a combined score of around 42-0
    I remember I also invited some team from the solomon islands for a friendly, and all they wanted was 1k. They must have taken some hit on the airfare, sending 22 players to England from the south pacific.
    they probably all sought asylum after the match..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Jose Mourinho gets fired from Real Madrid and takes over Chelsea. After 6 months he is then fired and they hire Carlos Ancelotti. Blast from the past x2

Playing tonight, and was moving one of my reserves into fitness training to get his stamina up when I noticed this:

b9aIw.png

I have no recollection ever creating this training regime. I think I may have made it when hammered some night and decided to pick on someone who was leaving the club.
    Looking at the training regime itself:

8HEyy.png

I have them doing absolutely nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Should have them all on the highest setting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mc Love wrote: »
    Should have them all on the highest setting!

That's what I do whenever someone decides to leave on a free transfer in six months time. :D

• Advertisement

i think the logic was that they were leaving on a free to one of my rivals, so i wanted their stats to deteriorate as much as possible.
    Playing FM drunk is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

My striker Xavi Andorra, who's from Andorra, just scored the winner away to Barcelona 'B', in the Miniestadi, the stadium often used by Andorra for home matches. IRL he plays with Andorra FC

Mc Love wrote: »
    Brendan Rodgers just taken over as Shamrock Rovers boss some fall from grace for him!

Brendan Rodgers sacked as manager of Shamrock Rovers after less than a year (They finished 4th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Didn't make me laugh but did put a smile on my face

Playing in the Championship with Cambridge United, dragged them up from the BSQ

My young striker loaned from Man Utd is happy and thankful :)

This isn't a funny post or anything special

I just liked it as the rest of the feckers are constantly whinging, moaning and there seems to be a 50:50 chance I'll piss off the entire squad if I hold a team meeting :rolleyes:

219166.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My striker Xavi Andorra, who's from Andorra, just scored the winner away to Barcelona 'B', in the Miniestadi, the stadium often used by Andorra for home matches. IRL he plays with Andorra FC

Sounds like a perfect pub quiz question to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a perfect pub quiz question to me!

He can join our Stephen on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Chris Powell getting the Real Madrid job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

retalivity wrote: »
    Playing tonight, and was moving one of my reserves into fitness training to get his stamina up when I noticed this:

I have no recollection ever creating this training regime. I think I may have made it when hammered some night and decided to pick on someone who was leaving the club.
    Looking at the training regime itself:

I have them doing absolutely nothing!

I did something similar a few years ago. I renamed Claudio Pizarro "Wanker" after he scored against me in the German cup final. I could not remember doing it, but it was pretty funny when Wanker scored against me again a few months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

Paul McShane has just been named captain of the national team by Roy Keane. God help us!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

26426599.jpg

In fact I don't think I've ever been the faourite to win it

Liverpool have won the premiership in 2017 with 3 games left and 11 points ahead of Arsenal with Utd in third and City a close 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Not a bad free transfer...

Messi.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chavways wrote: »
    Not a bad free transfer...

Messi.png

I thought you signed him for dag and red for a sec :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I thought you signed him for dag and red for a sec :pac:

I think his wages alone would have me bankrupt in around 4 days.

How the hell did they sign him? Couldnt sign him for love nor money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Went to start a new game and did the Pick a club for me option. Never done it before so decided to see who it picked.

I never start as a big team so this was rather amusing first few attempts:
    Arsenal
    Man City
    Tottenham
    Chelsea

I have down to League 2 loaded but it only picked top six sides so I gave up and just picked myself. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Went to start a new game and did the Pick a club for me option. Never done it before so decided to see who it picked.

I never start as a big team so this was rather amusing first few attempts:
    Arsenal
    Man City
    Tottenham
    Chelsea

I have down to League 2 loaded but it only picked top six sides so I gave up and just picked myself. :D

I loaded 7 nations and all the leagues in them nations so I would get a random team when I did that as I thought I'd try some random country and team. I always take the 5th pick the 5th pick of course is Southampton. Not exactly a random team in a random country :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I loaded 7 nations and all the leagues in them nations so I would get a random team when I did that as I thought I'd try some random country and team. I always take the 5th pick the 5th pick of course is Southampton. Not exactly a random team in a random country :D.

Hey don't knock Southampton, in 2015 and in a fight for the title with 15 games to go! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Playing FM07. Got my new youth intakes, assistant manager says this chap is going to be a star. That's his real name, I haven't edited it :P

9703835.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In my game Lyon play in both Ligue 1 and the Championnat (3rd Division) no idea how that happened

q0bnz.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

I know in France the reserve teams play in the 4th tier but they shouldn't be getting promoted to the Championnat National! Reminds me of my Real Madrid squad in Champman 00/01 - my reserves almost got promoted to La Liga but missed out in a 3-way head-to-head in the final table. Probably not allowed to happen in real life either!

im pretty sure it doesnt happen in the game either... i remember way back managing barcelona in one of the olders and i used to sign players just for the reserves to try and get them promoted...wouldnt allow them into la liga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

I wonder in real life if a reserve side would be allowed to play in the second division? They've got to draw a line lower down the league system i'd have thought.

Edit: actually just found this http://www.quora.com/La-Liga-2011-12-Season/Can-Barcelona-B-get-promoted-to-La-Liga

Christ Barca have a good squad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I don't know why this has made me laugh so much, but it has...

89506023.png

Pretty Irish to have a prize fund of €3,040. Why 40?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

dulpit wrote: »
    I don't know why this has made me laugh so much, but it has...

89506023.png

Pretty Irish to have a prize fund of €3,040. Why 40?:confused:

Think its split gate receipts maybe? Random enough though :)

Advertisement