Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I just noticed this randomly....noone informed me I had a stadium named after me!!!

dRtKI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Looks like United think they are Madrid now... Just to give them the odds in the CL!

screenshot20121222at131.png

That's happened me a fair bit as well. Thought it might have been a corrupt installation or something, but must be a bug so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My head scout keeps asking to go to scotland to scout nation. Its not even funny anymore, every 2 weeks, when i have my meeting with the staff, he asks to go to scotland.
    Hes from burkina faso...i think hes going to disappear once he arrives in glasgow and seek asylum from the hell that is southern portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I started a CL game against Fenerbahce down 13 players due to ineligibility, injury and African international games. I had 1 player on the bench and this is how the match finished for me.

sc1_2.png

Still won though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Never had it that bad but did end up having to have four goal keepers on the bench just to fill it for an U19's game not long ago. Hate an empty bench :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats strange - dont they give you greyed out players? Or is that only for when players are playing international matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,806 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Started a game of FM2013 for Cork City. Bryan Robson was immediately appointed manager of Shamrock Rovers. Didn't save the game, re-started and again Robson was appointed manager of Rovers. Struck me as funny, don't know why...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mc Love wrote: »
    Thats strange - dont they give you greyed out players? Or is that only for when players are playing international matches?

I had the group wrapped up going into the last game, so I let my assistant take control of it. He gave debuts to 3 youth team players. I could have put them on the bench :o.

Doesn't matter because the game wont load now, save file is corrupted so I have to go back to September from January :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Quaye could win European Golden Boy

40 messages with this headline in the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

danniemcq wrote: »
    Quaye could win European Golden Boy

40 messages with this headline in the last few days

Is he your player, or shortlisted?

Are the messages things like, some manager says Quaye could win the golden boy?

• Advertisement

yeah it was comments like that,

nah just liked the point there was 40+ messages about him and turns out he didn't win

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PBS32

Im still playing CM (01/02) could never get to grips with the new versions of Football Manager but in my most recent game im managing Sunderland in the year 2014 and my star striker and captain Carlos Tevez, who i spent ages trying to sign due to work permit issues, has just handed in a transfer request to look for a different challenge and to move to a bigger club, i declined it. Sure enough he developed personal problems and went on strike for 4 months only to return and cause unrest among the squad. Barca bid 16M for him and i rejected but didnt notice his contract running out and he ended up signing a pre contract agreement with current FA Cup holders Wolves!! Cos of all his arseing about i lost the squad and eventually lost my job after loosing the Uefa cup and League cup finals at the end of the season - i hate the man now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

PBS32 wrote: »
    Im still playing CM (01/02) could never get to grips with the new versions of Football Manager but in my most recent game im managing Sunderland in the year 2014 and my star striker and captain Carlos Tevez, who i spent ages trying to sign due to work permit issues, has just handed in a transfer request to look for a different challenge and to move to a bigger club, i declined it. Sure enough he developed personal problems and went on strike for 4 months only to return and cause unrest among the squad. Barca bid 16M for him and i rejected but didnt notice his contract running out and he ended up signing a pre contract agreement with current FA Cup holders Wolves!! Cos of all his arseing about i lost the squad and eventually lost my job after loosing the Uefa cup and League cup finals at the end of the season - i hate the man now

Did you really get into a scrap with Balotelli yesterday, Roberto? :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Did you really get into a scrap with Balotelli yesterday, Roberto? :pac:

Id have gone through Balotelli to get to Tevez given half the chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

When it was clear he was leaving, and he was disruptive, why not accept the money from Barca and at least get something from him?

Thats hindsight speaking there mate - I would have done that if id known his contract had been running down but just thought id had him on a longer one

Never seen this before:

vgk5cm.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm convinced that my full back right position is cursed. First Glen Johnson gets injured, so I replace him with marin Kelly and he too gets injured within a few minutes. So, with no rb on the bench, I throw debutant Jordon Mutch from midfield to rb and he too gets injured. Johnson is out for 4 weeks, Kelly 6 days and Mutch for 3 months.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Never seen this before:

vgk5cm.jpg

^Was he at the club previously? Got it myself when I was scouting Torres in my LFC game.

Yakult wrote: »
    ^Was he at the club previously? Got it myself when I was scouting Torres in my LFC game.

He was but he only ever played two games (and conceded eight!), and none in the past two seasons. He didnt come through the youths as I signed him in 2012 for £90k (sold him in Jan 1016 for £1.5m :D), and he hardly played. Don't get why there would be contempt.

The only reason I even bothered scouting him was because he was thrown straight into the Newcastle first team. Was wondering if I missed something. I have a buy back fee of £4m so I can get him back even if he does turn out to be "the next David Seaman".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Started a game recently as Sunderland manager where Staunton is a scout, i only got a couple of months in, 9 games I think. Had set my chief scout to be sending my scouts on missions to save me the hassle of doing it.

Anyways Staunton was sent to Wales and in 4 or 5 briefs to me he has never managed to find me a player of note, I know it's Wales but I thought he was taking the piss so I sacked him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

2 things I've never seen before

88C2X.png
    Fierro is bigger than the Beatles

t9T5u.png
    Break it up lads

Guardiola at Spain, Lowe at Germany, Prandelli at Italy, Blanc at France. All sacked on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,806 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Guardiola at Spain, Lowe at Germany, Prandelli at Italy, Blanc at France. All sacked on the same day!

World Cup/European Championships end?

dulpit wrote: »
    World Cup/European Championships end?

Yep. Got the Spain job myself, offer Guardiola the Assistant job and to my surprise, he accepted it! Blanc has just now accepted the U21's job but cant get Lowe or Prandelli to take any.

Yep. Got the Spain job myself, offer Guardiola the Assistant job and to my surprise, he accepted it! Blanc has just now accepted the U21's job but cant get Lowe or Prandelli to take any.
    I have taken many intl jobs but never stick with them, always want to try and win trophies with Ireland, it's harder than winning CL with Limerick

EDIT: the funniest thing I have seen in my save is commenting on Limerick players in the media when I havent as I am a club legend

Guessing he wont be Mr. Popular when he gets home :pac:

10fw321.jpg

Arsenal just announced plans for new stadium (2028) to be called Wenger Park with capacity being 79392 - unbelievable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I was 3 months into my game in FM 2011 as West Ham manager when I realised Mario Balotelli was released! Did this happen to anybody else? I couldn't afford his wages so I kept renewing his trial every 4 weeks until I sold a few players and could afford his wages.

It was the year 2018 and Chelsea announced their new stadium..."Lampard Park"

I got Vauxhall Motors to the qualifying stages of the CL, spent the summer buying new players etc, I had to play Dynamo Kiev to make the group stages and it was going to be decided on a peno shoot out after those cúnts scored with the last kick of the game, I'm not messing both teams had scored 20 penos each, I thought it was a glitch and I was going to have to shut down my laptop but I didnt want to because I hadn't of saved it and I never auto save, it then went to 30 scored penos each, I could't believe what was happening, I went for dinner and came back to find that we had lost 55-54 on penalties. I took my own summer break from the game after that heartbreak.

Finally, I was taking the piss with sending scouts to shíte countries like Faroe Islands and Moldova etc. I decided to sign this half star striker from Moldova (Dmitry Yaroveev - something like that). I played him in the carling cup and he banged in a hat trick away to a championship side, decided to start him for the craic against a mid table team in the Prem League, he went on to be top goalscorer, I'm not messing, his stats were shíte, and he came from Moldova as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I hate the stadium names in PES. Lampard park like seriously?

• Advertisement

nbar12 wrote: »
    I thought it was a glitch and I was going to have to shut down my laptop but I didnt want to because I hadn't of saved it and I never auto save,

I hope you changed that habit!

and yeah Ballotelli was kicked to the reserves and they've been trying to sell him since in my game. Constantly getting fines too

Advertisement