Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Sir fergie's replacement...... Roberto mancini... Struggled big time and was replaced by Kenny daglish!! Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Teams/chariman should have a particular type of manager they look to employ, stuff like that is so dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I hate the stadium names in PES. Lampard park like seriously?

yeah i'll try and get a screenshot on my old laptop this weekend, I remember there were a few other dodgy stadium names in it! Also, a friend of mine, still states to this day that in his FM 01/02 game, he got to the year 2032 and Andy Cole died in a car crash. I still don't believe him though.

Has anyone edited their game to an extreme? I decided to give Bradford a 200,000 capacity stadium and they got 190k attendances for every home game, I also changed the altitude of Bradford, so it was impossible for them to lose at home and I edited 3 of their youth players with 20/20 ratings in everything and of course changed their nationality to Irish. I then created a new injury... a"bruised head" which meant a player was sidelined between 1 or 2 years. It destroyed my game because I would sign this wonderkid and he'd get a bruised head and become shít when he overcame it.

Fúckin' hell, I am a sad bastard to even have time to do any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭talla10

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I started a CL game against Fenerbahce down 13 players due to ineligibility, injury and African international games. I had 1 player on the bench and this is how the match finished for me.

sc1_2.png

Still won though :D

The players all love it though!!! Look at that morale!

nbar12 wrote: »
    yeah i'll try and get a screenshot on my old laptop this weekend, I remember there were a few other dodgy stadium names in it! Also, a friend of mine, still states to this day that in his FM 01/02 game, he got to the year 2032 and Andy Cole died in a car crash. I still don't believe him though.

Has anyone edited their game to an extreme? I decided to give Bradford a 200,000 capacity stadium and they got 190k attendances for every home game, I also changed the altitude of Bradford, so it was impossible for them to lose at home and I edited 3 of their youth players with 20/20 ratings in everything and of course changed their nationality to Irish. I then created a new injury... a"bruised head" which meant a player was sidelined between 1 or 2 years. It destroyed my game because I would sign this wonderkid and he'd get a bruised head and become shít when he overcame it.

Fúckin' hell, I am a sad bastard to even have time to do any of this.

Hahah love it is that how altitude works in the game? That's so cool. What's the highest point in Europe? Might make a team from there and see how they do :D

Andy Cole dying in a car crash, has to be a myth but I guess anythings possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Hahah love it is that how altitude works in the game? That's so cool. What's the highest point in Europe? Might make a team from there and see how they do :D

Andy Cole dying in a car crash, has to be a myth but I guess anythings possible.

Players cant die because SI would be sued

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The players dying thing is probably an unofficial mod for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Honest Rhodri Giggs is honest:

giggst.png

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Took Shamrock Rovers to the QF of the Europa League in FM12(absurdly hard to do, took me like 6 seasons), with a team of probably the 11 best u21 internationals in the world outside of the Premier League and La Liga, preparing for the game in January and our chairman decides to sell everybody for about 19 million. Not the funniest thing ever but it was amusing to see Man United rip apart a team of 17 year old nobodies from Tallaght. Pretty sure a new number had to be invented to count how much we lost by. To make things worse, 5 years later the total value of those players was £92.8 million. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Actually on the Altitude note, in one of my saves I'm in August 2016 and I noticed Bolivia were in the top 10 of the FIFA rankings.

I was looking back at their results since July 2013 and they've played nearly 20 games at home and lost 1, to Brazil.

Its a bit like Bolivia IRL as they're notourisly difficult to beat at home but maybe there is something with the altitude that effects teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Actually on the Altitude note, in one of my saves I'm in August 2016 and I noticed Bolivia were in the top 10 of the FIFA rankings.

I was looking back at their results since July 2013 and they've played nearly 20 games at home and lost 1, to Brazil.

Its a bit like Bolivia IRL as they're notourisly difficult to beat at home but maybe there is something with the altitude that effects teams.

Try walking up a stairs in Bolivia and you'll know all about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Just saw this for the first time in FM2012 when Don Givens retired from his Ireland post:

"With CVs flooding in from would-be managers across the country, Volendam manager [me] is the most likely candidate. Presumably once Ireland have got rid of the usual 'Football Manager' applications, they can proceed with the view to appointing someone with real-life experience"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've seen a few pictures of that alright

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

go on packie! can't believe it took me 2 seasons to notice him!

RzHLVjN.png

didn't do to bad in the euros either

tKCOHxP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

"Legends"

RrHLx3p.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Looks more like a list of leg-ends!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Checked the database (I'm using the default), all the real England legends are there but all their fame ratings are set to zero, few other countries are the same, wonder why it hasn't been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

its 2034 and im managing liverpool.
    Kenny Dalglish is coming out every week telling me who i should look out for in the opposition.

The man is 85, if not already dead!!! Leave me alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

retalivity wrote: »
    its 2034 and im managing liverpool.
    Kenny Dalglish is coming out every week telling me who i should look out for in the opposition.

The man is 85, if not already dead!!! Leave me alone!!!

That just reminded me of something from my QPR game.

Alan Shearer was talking about my title hopes and the news item gave the piece that says "Shearer has some authority on the subject (or whatever it says) having won a league title with Blackburn Rovers in 1994." At the time, it was nearly 25 years later and it was done as a player. How the fcuk is he an authority on the subject? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭elefant

The year is 2015, and Tomasz Kuszczak has just become the chairman of Valencia CF :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Got a chuckle there out of Shawcross playing against me for Arsenal.

They always sign him in FM I have noticed.

H8Nxz9y.png

If you say so Mr Greenock Morton!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

retalivity wrote: »
    If you say so Mr Greenock Morton!

Stephen Gerrard on your staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That's the first time I've even heard of that club!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That's the first time I've even heard of that club!

Really??

dulpit wrote: »
    Stephen Gerrard on your staff?

Yeah hes a coach. Carragher too.

Ben Haim gets sacked from Spurs and ten days later gets Manager of the month at his new job with Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just turned into the 2016 January Transfer Window, Robbie Keane Left LA Galaxy at the end of MLS season in 2013, left for Stoke, went to Chievo and is about to move again in this window to Bolton adding another boyhood club to his impressive list.

:pac:

• Advertisement

ive started a new game in korea with gangneung city, been here a year and this kid came through the youth system

LFuwlWr.png

I reckon its some secret lovechild of mine that ive brought over with me and have tried to get playing...i mean kim woong from balbriggan!

Advertisement