Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

HhEbECZ.png

I watched a Cork City game, he actually looked OK!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Made me laugh in an evil way.

One of my players was complaining about a lack of games. This despite the fact that he is listed as backup and had played in almost half the games. Anyway, I decided to shut him up by sticking him in the team. He only goes and breaks his ankle and will miss most of the season, probably all of it by the time he is back to fitness!

Take note, crybabies! I'm protecting you by not playing you! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

This lad gets paid 6 euro per week and is taxed at 50%!

242556.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Reminds me of this: The Greatest Run in FM History

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This made me laugh

4hIptFE.png

I see what you're doing "Sezer Kose", if that IS your real name....

DAOjude.png

pun-tastic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The club I took over were in debt, so after half a season I decided to sell my best player. His value was €775k and the club had an asking of €3m set. I offered him around for €650k and received one offer.

H6xAgjn.png.

Bastards..

Noticed this earlier after i got promoted.
    Those all-inclusive finns have quite the broad view of who is in the European Union

eU7dqmp.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It's the 2017/18 Season in my game; Mancini is the manager of Barcelona (and ranked best in the world), Mourinho manages Man City, Laudrup manages United... and I wasn't sure to laugh or cry, but Frank Lampard is the manager of Arsenal (and they're doing really well under him).

• Advertisement

6OJy82N.png

Ive never actually seen someone sack their agent immediately after negotiations broke down.
    transfer was for 16k, wage agreed with the player of 300/wk with a 1k signing on fee, but the agent wanted 10k for himself!

serves him right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure others have seen it before but anyway...

Started a new game with Man United. Sell Young to Arsenal. On the message once he goes over, it said "They (the fans) are fairly confident that the transfer of Young won't turn out to be a good piece of business for Arsenal".

Made me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

In FM13, my second season, David Beckham is strutting his stuff...for Doncaster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

My current youth team has 4 decent talents in, 1 G.K. 2 CF's & 1 AM(R)/CF

G.K. is labelled the new Gordon Banks

Both CF's are labelled as the next Michael Owen

The AM(R)/CF is labelled the next Wayne Rooney

All the above are either 3 star or 3 1/2 star potential, nothing world class standing out at the moment from them.

A buddy said a Brazilian lad popped up in his Santos save as being touted as the new Adriano, he quickly sold him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this. Probably laugh because I won every shootout and only missed 1 penalty. Still though, it was the most hilariously frustrating pre-season

33ad0f401a9e5012be7e1622c23631a0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Just finished my second season with Chelsea in my latest game. Juve won the Champions League beating bloody Celtic in the final. And Slovenia won the World Cup beating Spain on penos in the final after a 0-0 draw. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

PZmWHa3.png

Riveting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I honestly don't think <male#2-> is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

First game of the season and am 4-1 up and get a peno. Midfielder has a brace so is allowed to take the penalty. Steps up and its saved but hes brought down for the rebound for another pen. He steps up and misses again and fluffs the rebound. The Gobshíte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

So im in the year 2027 in my Celtic save. In the space of 2 months Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal offered me a job. Chelsea offered a transfer budget of 100 million first, then united offered me a transfer budget of 90 million, then Arsenal..... guess how much they offered me for a transfer budget... A stinking 10 million. Looks like things don't change in the future for Arsenal fans ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Reading these threads today makes me want to go back and play football manager and start up a season with a totally random team and sign a bunch of ex legends on the brink of retirement (late 30s/40s) :P

On a topic related note, once took a screenshot a year or so ago of a news headline that read

"Gay spotted at County Grounds"

Couldn't help but laugh. Turns out the Zaragoza manager's surname is Gay (Argentinian i think)

My love of making marquee signings (that are kinda pointless, as the squad is incredibly strong anyway) is infamous at this stage. I'll court the biggest names, regardless.

So once again, I tried to get Lionel Messi (already having Neymar, Facundo Ferreyra [goal machine] and Fernando Torres [decent back-up and not a bad player in the game]).

I initially offered the asking price with nothing else, hoping for a counter offer within the bounds of reason. They didn't even give a counter offer. "Indispensable".

Never one to be deterred, I tried again. Upped the cash offer, and threw in Fernando as a player exchange.

"Offer accepted". :D

But then came the block I had stumbled at before... contract negotiations. Ugh. I was so sure I'd end up being frustrated.

Nope. Accepts the first offer I make!!! Get in!

Couldn't believe it. Though I then felt a pang of buyer's remorse. The team is now so ridiculously top-heavy, it's not funny. Attacking players I currently have, either in the squad or on loan: Neymar, Messi, Ferreyra, Lukaku, Piazon, Van Ginkel, Moura, Mata, Hazard, Hamsik, DeBruyne, Oscar, Leitner, Gotze, Shaqiri, Moses, Marin, Paredes, Kakuta. With two transfers for young strikers/playmakers pending for the summer...

Jesus... :o

May try to flog a few before the window closes now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DazMarz wrote: »
    My love of making marquee signings (that are kinda pointless, as the squad is incredibly strong anyway) is infamous at this stage. I'll court the biggest names, regardless.

So once again, I tried to get Lionel Messi (already having Neymar, Facundo Ferreyra [goal machine] and Fernando Torres [decent back-up and not a bad player in the game]).

I initially offered the asking price with nothing else, hoping for a counter offer within the bounds of reason. They didn't even give a counter offer. "Indispensable".

Never one to be deterred, I tried again. Upped the cash offer, and threw in Fernando as a player exchange.

"Offer accepted". :D

But then came the block I had stumbled at before... contract negotiations. Ugh. I was so sure I'd end up being frustrated.

Nope. Accepts the first offer I make!!! Get in!

Couldn't believe it. Though I then felt a pang of buyer's remorse. The team is now so ridiculously top-heavy, it's not funny. Attacking players I currently have, either in the squad or on loan: Neymar, Messi, Ferreyra, Lukaku, Piazon, Van Ginkel, Moura, Mata, Hazard, Hamsik, DeBruyne, Oscar, Leitner, Gotze, Shaqiri, Moses, Marin, Paredes, Kakuta. With two transfers for young strikers/playmakers pending for the summer...

Jesus... :o

May try to flog a few before the window closes now...

i thought Chelsea had a lot of attacking players now.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

this is the most ridiculous goal I have ever seen in my game in the FAI cup final. We were doing well up until this goal and went on to lose 5-1 woooo

In my current game:

-Pep Guardiola is the manager of Real Madrid (following a hugely unsuccessful stint at Man Utd)

-Villas-Boas is managing Liverpool

-José is at Man City

-Rafa manages Bayern Munich

-Ian Holloway is the England manager

-Ireland won the 2016 Euros

-Frank Lampard is nearing 40 and is plying away his trade for Swansea!

-John Terry is 37 and is now with QPR (following a stint at Juventus!).

-The most valuable player in the game is some no-hoper 22 year old striker for Spurs who is absolutely muck, yet is still "conservatively" valued at £41.5m

-I have just picked up 3 youth players for a combined sum of £1.9m, and all of them have gone on to become huge parts of the team, have made their international debuts and are now cumulatively valued at around £35m. :cool:

One of the buddies in work came in and mentioned that the guy from 1 Direction was in FM14, I didnt believe him until.....

397625-will-doncaster-rovers-louis-tomlinson-football-manager-14-louis.jpg

Love the bit about him being on tour for 3 months also :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He actually did sign for Doncaster so it isn't FM just having a bit of fun!

Oh I knwo that I just ddint expect him to be in the game thats all. :o

Think he'll be approached when I get back to my game, might bring in Gabby Agbonlahor too for the LOLz. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

11 balance? isn't he a professional dancer.
    Unrealistic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I bought him!! out for nine months with a broken leg atm.

Advertisement