Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just had a look at RVP's stats in my game there. Since I've taken over:

101 games - 76 goals :eek:

Fairly similar to my stats, Vela averages 20 in all competitions a year too you'll be delighted to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

jasonorr wrote: »
    Fairly similar to my stats, Vela averages 20 in all competitions a year too you'll be delighted to hear!

He usually bags me around 12-15 alright.

He's mainly restricted to sub appearances though, and even then mainly on the LW rather than up top.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Started a new game today, decided to go with Portsmouth for a change. Got as far as december at mid table and they got taking over. You can guess what happened next, got fired as they wanted their own manager. Sickning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Michael Laudrup took over at Juve in one game I was playing and his first signing was his son, Mads Laudrup, whose an average player but now a regular for Juve.

Nice to see nepotism is part of FM's AI. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

FM 10.3, shots to goals ratio in general.

Makes me feel like this.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Agreed. Goals are pretty hard to come by, I have to set my team to Overload attacking and very fluid to get decent scorelines. I'll win with results like 4-2, the opposition having about 3 efforts on goal while I'll have 35. I really wonder what SI pay their playtesters tbh.

What's the (****e) stuff all about in the original screenshot?

I just won a second consecutive treble and my club's value dropped from 1.6 billion to 199 million. I have 900 million in the bank. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Agreed. Goals are pretty hard to come by, I have to set my team to Overload attacking and very fluid to get decent scorelines. I'll win with results like 4-2, the opposition having about 3 efforts on goal while I'll have 35. I really wonder what SI pay their playtesters tbh.

I just won a second consecutive treble and my club's value dropped from 1.6 billion to 199 million. I have 900 million in the bank. Odd.

AFAIK numbers have a maximum possible value and it sounds like it rolled over in your game.

I think its a 32-bit integer but you'll have to google it for specifics

Haha, my screenshot is it? I didn't even realise it was there until a week or two after I had posted it. I just edit the nicknames of all players I want to cut from the squad, so that I can tell at a glance how much dead wood I have at the club.

Great to see:

ose9gn.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Bohemians got into the group stages in my game. Too bad they just got 0 points. Still good to see them getting there tho lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Bohemians got into the group stages in my game. Too bad they just got 0 points. Still good to see them getting there tho lol

Don't think that it's too likely in my game, I'm constantly leeching them for their savage regens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I really wonder what SI pay their playtesters tbh.
    F*** all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Oh what could have been.:pac:
    IrelandvbRAZIL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Class :D
    vdzmma.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wahmeister666

Decided to take control of Engerland for the craic, bringing them to the 2010 World Cup (obviously they were already qualified!).

Took Rob Green, Ben Foster and David James as my goalies, purely based on form for their clubs. Rob Green started as the first choice, performing admirably between the sticks, helping me guide my team to the quarter finals. Unfortunately, poor ould Bobby got an injury which ruled him out of the rest of the World Cup.

Disappointed though I was, Foster had been in sparkling form and I was confident he could do the job. I wasn't let down. Foster pulled off a string of saves in the semis v Spain and got us through. Fair play Ben, says I, you really helped us out of a hole. Preparing for the World Cup final, everything was going swimmingly until.....David James decides he's going to RETIRE THE NIGHT BEFORE THE WORLD CUP FINAL :eek::mad:, leaving me with one fit keeper!

Ploughed on anyway and was 1-0 up in the final v Italy, an evenly matched contest. All the subs used up and probably about 65 minutes gone and Foster decides he's going to make my life hell by getting injured and has to come off. Step up that King among men, substitute Tom Huddlestone, who goes in goals without a whimper (i stuck him in only cos he's about 7'5 and fills the goals!). Tom performs admirably and my Engerland team hold out to win the World Cup.:D:cool:

I swear, I almost cried!

Hahahaha thats the best story I've ever heard hahaha brilliant

2hnql1g.png

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The fact that a 27 year old player I had in my Southend team kept getting call ups and playing for his U23 National team!

once recently i had 13 shots with 0 on target. And the opposition scored with their 3rd shot or something. Nothing really you can do but laugh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

mars bar wrote: »
    The fact that a 27 year old player I had in my Southend team kept getting call ups and playing for his U23 National team!

If it's for the Olympics they are allowed one or two overage players in the squad so that might explain that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If it's for the Olympics they are allowed one or two overage players in the squad so that might explain that one.

Dunno why I only saw this now. No it wasn't the Olympics!

I really came in here to say that one of my players just scored a hat trick on penalties in one game and the same guy committed all 3 offenses on the opposing team didn't even get a yellow card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Liam O wrote: »
    once recently i had 13 shots with 0 on target. And the opposition scored with their 3rd shot or something. Nothing really you can do but laugh...

Or buy new strikers!

haha, my strikers all had finishing stats over 15, one was fast and one was big.

In other news Joey Barton got the managers job at Coventry in my game, can't imagine him ever being hired in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

My board went over my head and accepted a meagure enough bid of 4.2m for my star CB Ivan Vukic and in every board summary since they have "expressed disappointment at your sale of Ivan Vukic, which they see as an aberation".

My board are a funny lot though. I made two requests 2 years apart for improved facilities (considering I'd gone from mid SerieC to strong SerieB and making some money I thought it was fair). "the board would prefer it if you spent less time in their office and more time on the training pitch" was the pointed response.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

I only need to say Titus Bramble plays for AC Milan in my game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Steven Fletcher plays for Barcelona in my game...

louthguy25 wrote: »
    I only need to say Titus Bramble plays for AC Milan in my game

Inter in mine when I took them over :) He's not a bad player these days in fairness

Chelsea now play at Zola Park...!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

finnezzia wrote: »
    Chelsea now play at Zola Park...!

Haha me too, Zola stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Drogba Stadium in my game

• Advertisement

Lyon play at OL Land. don't know if that's really that funny but at 4am after a long session I had images of a Lyon style Eurodisney and had a pretty big chuckle.

Advertisement