Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Touring accident or football related?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Just sent the scouts off to him, I wonder would we get a financial windfall from shirt sales from him? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Touring accident or football related?

:pac:

Vincent Kompany Related :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 The Semiotec

Before i split water on the side of laptop by the charger and so ruined and lost everything i was just after winning the CL with Leyton Orient and signed a new contact for 1 million euro a week.A hero i was but that is not the thing.

It was Damien Duff manager of South Korea!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

It was Damien Duff manager of South Korea!!!
    I actually saw him on the plane home to Dublin today. Brent Pope was on the same flight

(Just thought I'd drop that in there)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Ireland just won euro 2020

Dean saunders in the hotseat!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Ireland just won euro 2020

Dean saunders in the hotseat!

I'm gone back playing CM 01-02. I downloaded one of the updates from champman.

Anyway, Ireland were chosen to host the 2016 European Championships. Fast forward to November 2015 and Seamus Coleman gets called up to play in the playoff qualifier.

I was thinking that's strange, I taught Ireland were hosting the competition. Click in to see who the hosts are and it is Ireland. Guess who had the bye as host nation? France. F*cking France with Henry as manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Wayne Rooney still playing in my game in 2020.

For Sheffield Wednesday. In the Championship. On £5,500 a week.

Made me piss myself laughing considering all the goings on of the last week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Searching for over the hill former internationals still capable of playing in the Thai league. And then...
    STBAJPb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Underground

James Milner, already manager of Arsenal, decides to go out and buy the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

James Milner, already manager of Arsenal, decides to go out and buy the club.

Some nice coaches he is paying too!

Me and Dan Petrescu decided to swap jobs.

8OxMVlc.pngatP7oFJ.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭samantha fortune

Funniest was when i was in my second season Real Madrid offered me €77 Mil for Nani yes i did just say Nani.

He did have a great season for me and was my best player i know hard to think that but yes of course i sold him and got in naymar.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Stan is the current Macedonia manager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just looking at my team on Fmh 14 and realised my regen Gk can also play Rb and Wbr, not excellent but just gave me a chuckle, going to have to give him a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Playing FM Handheld 2014. Managing Boston United (Conference Premier).

Manage to beat someone from League 1 to get into FA Cup 2nd Round. Draw Spurs. Balls.

Managed to score first early on. Spurs all over me. Equalise immediately. They take the lead inside 25 mins.

One-on-one, Hugo Lloris loses the plot and takes out my star man, Ricky Miller. Straight red. Miller steps up to take it himself.

He slots the penalty home into a goal with no keeper in it! I was too slow to take a snap of it.

Edit: Someone was sacrificed to bring on a sub keeper, but it didn't happen until the game restarted.

My centre half got a second yellow for mouthing off after giving away a penalty. Double-whammy. Lost 4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,806 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Playing FM Handheld 2014. Managing Boston United (Conference Premier).

Manage to beat someone from League 1 to get into FA Cup 2nd Round. Draw Spurs. Balls.

Managed to score first early on. Spurs all over me. Equalise immediately. They take the lead inside 25 mins.

One-on-one, Hugo Lloris loses the plot and takes out my star man, Ricky Miller. Straight red. Miller steps up to take it himself.

He slots the penalty home into a goal with no keeper in it! I was too slow to take a snap of it.

Edit: Someone was sacrificed to bring on a sub keeper, but it didn't happen until the game restarted.

My centre half got a second yellow for mouthing off after giving away a penalty. Double-whammy. Lost 4-2.

Sounds like an entertaining game. What were Spurs doing in Round 2 of the cup though? Means they'd have to have been relegated to League 1?

dulpit wrote: »
    Sounds like an entertaining game. What were Spurs doing in Round 2 of the cup though? Means they'd have to have been relegated to League 1?

Third Round, sorry. Sounded weird when I said it all right.

Playing FM Handheld 2014. Love it btw.

Pre-season friendly against an inferior team, but still...

Go 2-0 up, then have a defender sent off before HT. Reshuffle the 3 remaining lads at the back.

Score again on the stroke of HT to go 3-0 up.

Another lad sent off with 20 mins to go. Just leave a hole where he was in CM. Still playing with two up front and an AML.

Score again within 2 minutes and 3 more after that.

3-2-1-2 formation for last 20 mins.

IS8JmT8.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I got a son once in fm a good few years ago.
    I was managing an English club and the Irish national team at the time.

The little sh1t wouldn't declare for Ireland as he was holding out for England... Even though he was awful.

I think at 25 he finally declared for Ireland . That annoyed me back then , although it's a bit funny now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

FFS. I've had 3 injuries forcing subs and a red card and it's only the end of the first half. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Screenshot%202014-11-11%2022.52.53.png
    18 year old Regen with the face of a 7 year old, they could at least pick someone a bit older. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

My goalie disappeared once.

Not sent off.

Not injured.

Just vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,806 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Saipanne wrote: »

Not sent off.

Not injured.

Just vanished.

Were ye winning by a tonne? Maybe he just got really bored. Or maybe he needed a loo break?

Saipanne wrote: »

Not sent off.

Not injured.

Just vanished.

The opposition keeper got sent off once for taking my striker out of it inside the box. There was nobody in goal for the penalty. I needed the goal, but I was kind of hoping he would sky it, just because of how hilarious that would look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

dulpit wrote: »
    Were ye winning by a tonne? Maybe he just got really bored. Or maybe he needed a loo break?

Nah, they scored three in a few mins before I noticed.

sk9VjUP.png
    ecNZ2Iy.png
    ARkia86.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Victor Wanyama plays for Real Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Victor Wanyama plays for Real Madrid

I sold him to Real in my game. And at one point they wanted Jay Rod and were willing to pay upwards of 40 million.

At the same time, Sterling was moving to City for about 30 million. I was tempted to try sell Jay and hijack the Sterling deal but the club were only allowing me to retain 25% of transfer fees so that ended that dream.

Advertisement