Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

the ai is sooooooooooo bad ruins the game there tactics are fine but squad building is so bad not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Gave me a chuckle :D

2m4zsxc.png

Dundalk are 9th in the IPL, Brighton are 15th in the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Sold Paddy McCourt to Man City in August 2010 for £1.3million, he made 10 apps scored 1 goal and 1 assist. He's now Aug 2011 transfer listed with a asking price of £0 !!

Game is more realistic than we give it credit. Just waiting for Tevez to throw his toys outta the pram !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 IVIada

Lost to Nigeria in the World Cup final! Yakubu got a hat-trick and player of the tournament! I was Uruguay!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In 2013, Pats got relegated, Bohs finished 9th and Galway finished 2nd. Thats some turnaround. Rovers have won the league every year so not everything changed.

Not funny, but i liked it: I was the Ireland manager, resigned after losing the play off's for the 2014 WC. Roy Keane took over. I then took over at Cardiff replacing..... Roy Keane. Purely coincidental :)

How he got the Ireland job is beyond me, he left Cardiff in 19th in the Championship after 20 games :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Only in my first season of FM12 but this made me laugh

"Steve Staunton is currently scouting Ireland & UK in the search for talent but has not been able to find any players to recommend

Staunton has spent 6 weeks on his assignment"

Also Villas Boas got sacked so I took the Chelsea job and Boas took over at S'Land

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Everton and Aston Villa both got relegated at the end of the 10/11 season (I wasn't even managing in that league)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Former Watford and current Cardiff manager ends up here........

fmmalkydundalk.jpg

Mike Ashley is now the Middlesborugh chairman and has stayed true to form by sacking Dave Jones with about ten games to go because they are 6th in the Championship.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Took over from Roy Keane as Ireland gaffer. I needed an assistant and thought I'd be chancing my arm asking Keane to be my assistant but he's accepted :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

November 2011 - Leicester City sack Eriksson.

I have a feeling I've seen that headline somewhere else recently :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    November 2011 - Leicester City sack Eriksson.

I have a feeling I've seen that headline somewhere else recently :pac:

Had exactly the same in my game too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

André Villas-Boas got the sack from Chelsea and took over at Blackburn after Steve Kean got sacked! :eek:

André Villas-Boas got the sack from Chelsea and took over at Blackburn after Steve Kean got sacked! :eek:
    The developers didnt think much of Villas-Boas anyway. He got sacked after six months in mine, but, has ended up at Valencia which is a bit better than Blackburn :pac:

Not exactly funny but odd.....

FIRST game in 2012, friendly.... Schwarzer comes to the edge of the area to claim a long ball and goes over the line.... yellow card.

Ten minutes later he comes wide of his goal to collect another and AGAIN goes over the line and gets sent off...... RANDOM :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Not exactly funny but odd.....

FIRST game in 2012, friendly.... Schwarzer comes to the edge of the area to claim a long ball and goes over the line.... yellow card.

Ten minutes later he comes wide of his goal to collect another and AGAIN goes over the line and gets sent off...... RANDOM :confused:

That wouldnt make me laugh, that would make me very very mad!

Dempsey wrote: »
    That wouldnt make me laugh, that would make me very very mad!

First thing I taught was, it must be a bug :mad:.... but hasn't happened since, to happen twice in one game was a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Eh I just got fined £2.17m for misconduct of my players in my last game, I'm fairly sure this must be a mistake?!

Eh I just got fined £2.17m for misconduct of my players in my last game, I'm fairly sure this must be a mistake?!
    Did you start a riot or something? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

17415.jpg

Success has a price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

^ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mars bar wrote: »
    ^ :eek:

Was a while ago now but I'm still fairly sure I beat Valencia in the middle of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RobbieSEI

v8d2qg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Second game of the season in my Newcastle game, Villa must have been short of CB's. Who could have predicted the outcome??

181862.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Creative formation by 10 man MK Dons
    181863.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

I decided to leave Crewe Alexandra after many years for the bright lights and sky-high egos of Madrid. The first game was a friendly in Israel. Easy pickings I imagined... Especially when they only have 5 players!

(And yes, that is the goalie taking tip)

I was not aware you could play a game with less than eleven players.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

My player/coach Gary Breen just informed me that I should drop Gary Breen due to bad form! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

playing last night defender tackled my player and injured himself in the process, ref ordered him off the pitch for treatment, i stood waiting to kick the free kick for ages and eventually the opp player came back on the pitch only to get a yellow card for the initial tackle and as it was a second yellow he had to go off, was waiting to hit that free for what seemed like 5 mins

Advertisement